The online racing simulator
Oh noes! Your using an official tone at me, I must have lost a flame war.
Yes you did for using the words "oh noes"!
i'm only using the same tone as you have done in this thread(try reading your own posts now and again). there is no flame war. you just tried to bash someone and got caught. then tried to say you were being sarcastic when infact you wern't. and what is an "official tone"?
In the end, everyone loses.
Back on topic.

Me thinks this will last for a week at very least. Apparently the volcano started coughing up again and is pushing up more dust so....
I have seven friends stuck abroad who won't be back in time for school - they'll come back on Wednesday.
Quote from DevilDare :Back on topic.

Me thinks this will last for a week at very least. Apparently the volcano started coughing up again and is pushing up more dust so....

Some people are saying this could be going on for the next couple of years ?! Time to pack the planes away and break out the boats.
Quote from Becky Rose :Some people are saying this could be going on for the next couple of years ?! Time to pack the planes away and break out the boats.

the last time it erupted they say it lasted 2 years, dunno how long this one can last
yesterday

today

Quote from rich uk :If it's the ash that has us gripped in this splendid weather then let it stay. We don't need to fly anywhere else then either .

It's only 13 degrees but feels like 23. time to get used to some vague heat again

I agree with this it hit 23c today, even had the a/c on in mums car. Still waiting for some dust to settle.

Edit: NATS website is down lol, but their latest update (2100 - 18/04/2010) says the airspace will be shut until 1900 tomorrow at least.
Some pretty awesome pics

Holy jesus monkey balls. Last pic is just too awesome.
Holy smack there is even lightning
Oh c'mon, that last one must be a scene from star wars or something.
"One does not simply..... fly Ryanair into Mordor..."
I've managed to buy myself a Fanatec wheel, and then forgot it'll take an age to ship because of all of this malarkie.

:doh:
Quote from Wilko868 :I've managed to buy myself a Fanatec wheel, and then forgot it'll take an age to ship because of all of this malarkie.

:doh:

:chair:
Restrictions remain in place until 0100gmt tomorrow. Coming up to a week since the airspace closed.
Several airline companies sent their planes (with no passengers) to check ash cloud danger. According to enormous losses by airlines, if they send aircrafts to collect samples I predict huge inquiry on EU comission level on how come ash cloud dispersion prediction could ground so many flights with no samples gathered whatsoever.
Things will probably get very interesting in the next few day, as AndRand states, many airlines have sent planes up for test flights, with no problems.

This, combined with the fact that many airlines are stating they will go bust if it continues, will make it a bit of a torrid time for the airline safety board.

Who makes the call?, surely if there is even just a slight chance that the ash cloud could cause problems then thats enough to warrant the flying ban?, or do "WE" just accept that this is one of the dangers in flying?.

Certainly not an easy call to make.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Quote from brandons48 :Sweet. My form teacher is stuck in Ireland lol

My Geology teacher is stuck in Ecuador.

Surely this whole thing has gone over the top, there have been far bigger eruptions than this with far more ash and gases added to the atmosphere around the world, but they've never felt the need to shut off an entire continent's worth of airspace before.
Well the volcano has calmed down now and is going back to sleep, so expect this to be over soon. Or so I hope.

Today a few morons on the radio called the Icelandic embassy and asked why they keep taunting the whole of Europe. According to them "there surely is a way to stop a volcano" and suggested them to send some firemen in...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG