The online racing simulator
5tag, that time of the month again?

Look, why are you so angry that people like skips work? Does it affect you in any way? No... So quit whining...

I couldnt care less even if it was done in 1min... As long as it is complete and finished up to the standarts and quality of what he showed, I am fine with it! Are you telling me to like someone who spent 5h on their entry, even when its crap?

Just drop the bullshit mate. You cannot tell others who/what to like....
-
(speed1230) DELETED by speed1230
Lynce and Mustangman, thanks!

Guys, stop arguing. You are not helping with writing replies all the time, you are just continuing it.
Quote from Silverracer :
Are you suggesting that we either do it Lynce's way or not take part at all? (As in not submitting a "5 min copy&paste job")

I'm not suggesting anything to you. I just told you what i appreciate when i see lfs edit.

Quote from Lynce :@Tazka. If you participate, you kill everybody. Even JJ72.

lol don't know about that.

andro awesome work. Copy paste or not.
Does my pic really suck that bad... Plus its my First ever LFS / RLPhoto Convergence.
well, I didnt look closely and I thought Skipper's pic was an Aston shot. With all blurring, reflections, desaturation and so on. So I would like to see original photo to choose who to vote
#81 - 5tag
Quote from andRo. :But those reactions were even before Lynce posted his picture. Look at the reaction from Lynces picture?! And skipers picture does look very good. No matter, that he used different background or anything else, it fits the theme. So, no wonder why everyone liked it.

Anyway, I don't really care, just stop making a mess here at the topic and argue via PM.

I never complained about the reactions on Lynce's picture. And speaking of skiper's picture... well is it really that - skiper's? Does editing one pixel on a screenshot make it your own if you show it to people like that? Where's the border between "my own picture" and "my edited version of another ones picture"?

Quote from brandons48 :5tag - Can you stop making such an arse of yourself around the Photomode competition? All you've done in recent competitions is have a little rant, it's pathetic, half the time you don't even enter.

I don't like to be rated by a bunch of 14 year old racing gamers, that's why I usually don't take part.

Quote from DevilDare :5tag, that time of the month again?

Look, why are you so angry that people like skips work? Does it affect you in any way? No... So quit whining...

I couldnt care less even if it was done in 1min... As long as it is complete and finished up to the standarts and quality of what he showed, I am fine with it! Are you telling me to like someone who spent 5h on their entry, even when its crap?

Just drop the bullshit mate. You cannot tell others who/what to like....

If you would have had the time to read the whole argument and not just jumped in to tell me a lesson you would have noticed that in my opinion personal taste should not matter when rating competition entries.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Nice one Andro.
lol at the crazy argument above.
Quote from 5tag :
If you would have had the time to read the whole argument and not just jumped in to tell me a lesson you would have noticed that in my opinion personal taste should not matter when rating competition entries.

Thats some huge bs right there....

I vote for the picture that I like. I dont care if its of good quality or not. I like it, I vote for it. Stop being so stupid...
#85 - aoun
Like i said, skips ENTRY looks great.

But i been thinking the same thing the last few weeks.

Ill spend 1 hour on something before entering. Looks great for a complete stock lfs screenshot turned into edited and great racing shot.

But then i look at some other people who copy and past an LFS car and looks TEN times better than mine, because of the level of graphics in the LFS system, and i think then, why bother..? and i dont.

Then you got a guy like Lynce that you just cant compete with . Never been a massive fan of the high contrast effects that he works on, but the guy is a guinues with his work. I really gotta give it to that guy because he runs off his imagination and own work, not something that was found on google images and transformed into an LFS shot. Think about it. If lynce was using Volk rims, external LFS scenes and all of that, this would be Lynce's showcase forum in my opinion, not a Photomode competition. He does amazing work minus external objects, think about what he could do if he is using it.

Sure it may have took some time, ive done that work and sometimes takes hours. But half the work is already done. Its like having a premade templete and tricking it out with an LFS car. But then saying "Hey! i spent hours transforming it, give me credit, i deserve an entry too."

Time means nothing with design, most people should know that. Sometimes when making art you spend 1hour on the main part, and then another 7 hours (no joke) on all the tiny tiny bits that most people wont see to the untrained eye. Applies for everything in this world.

I agree with what 5stag says, +1 to him. It does eventually feel that its just copy and paste when you jsut cant compete with someone that has transformed other work into their LFS work.

But i guess this competition is what MX freestyle (dirt bike tricks) was like. Before the backflip was done, it was all creative tricks mid air. Then as soon as the backflip was done, it was learn it or you will never win. I know people backed off from their passion simply because they didnt have it in them to propell a 120kg dirt bike in the air while doing a backflip....

..talent wasted.

Same here applies, just obviously in a very smaller way.

Im for both sides, because getting an other image and working with that is very hard and tricky as well, but.. ..still, just doesnt seem as if "but you didnt create all of it".
this is why i said not to use external pics
#87 - aoun
Quote from e2mustang :this is why i said not to use external pics

Dont take it to heart mate, no matter what rules you put in, in any subject, no matter what you say, rules eventually get stretched and worked around that they go that far beyond the rules.

And then you got the complainers like me that will make you think different.

Formula one for example.. 'nuf said.
#88 - aoun
Sorry to double post.

But what about this. You have andro posting the original picture abit above. He is showing us the original and what he has done to change that. So its noted that its not all his work (not like anyone took credit as their whole work) and it i guess allowes the voter to think if they can appreciate it as much.

So having the original picture posted next to the final entry in the VOTING TOPIC to people that edited a picture outside of LFS. Theirs some work that even though external LFS scene with LFS car that just simply deserves to win with the level of detail and work done compaired to some that looked the best by the eye but hardly any work was done.
#89 - JJ72
Quote from Lynce :@Tazka. If you participate, you kill everybody. Even JJ72.

Hey I DO watch the thread!!!

Give me 24 hours and I shall deliever a pic with no external image used, but I first have to redownload LFS.
Goo jj!
aoun - It also says in the rules, you have to post the original picture.

Oh, crap. If JJ is entering, then we know the winner now.
A quicky :P

Final entry:
Attached images
fz50_showcase.jpg
fz50_showcase_pre.jpg
Quote from JJ72 :Hey I DO watch the thread!!!

Give me 24 hours and I shall deliever a pic with no external image used, but I first have to redownload LFS.

Interesting...

If you participate more, I will go to participate more. Even if tazka participates.

We can improve a lot. Until more than today. We are ambitious and competitives ,hehehehe.
If were participate in a competition can be improved to levels never seen before, probably.

Cheers, brother.
Final entry.

Attached images
fz5comp copy.jpg
fz5comp pre.jpg
final entry
credits to Lynce for the revolution pack that i used in this picture
Attached images
FZ5BOSSSTYLE.jpg
FZ5BOSSSTYLEsmall.jpg
-
(Lynce) DELETED by Lynce
Quote from JJ72 :Hey I DO watch the thread!!!

I acknowledge that I am ambitious. I knew that with the image I had done, was not going to win. So I decided to improve it, to put it more difficult.

As always, I do not use external pics.

Inspiration:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_mbv-ygVB ... /xwVpK0t099Y/DSC00623.JPG

Tutorial to make realistic clouds in the sky:

http://www.lunacore.com/photoshop/tutorials/tut021.htm

Evolution of the work:

1280 x 4096

------------------------------------------

Final Entry

1280 x 1024

1280 x 1024 without noise

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG