The online racing simulator
Quote from cargame.nl :
Quote from Victor :I've been interesting in web-development for several years, now I'm shifting my focus back to my old love : sound and music.

I think its a little worrying too. Actually...

I was wondering... upated LFS sound engine?
Quote from Alec01 :And this forum is FULL of whiners. Never seen so many people talking so much sh!t on any other forum. So much speculation and so many silly opinions.

Then you sure as shit ain't spent much time on internet forums. 80% of the content is people moaning, complaining, whining, bitching... if you think that LFS is the worse case, you spend too much time having a real life and being outside...

Jealous
Quote from pik_d :Oh believe me I know you were saying that the forums are filled with immature people of all ages. My point is that the more mature people probably/usually stay out because of all the filth.

I guess its exactly those mature people that critize/wine most. For them LFS is not just another game but a (longterm) hobby they won't let die. Immature kids would jump happily to diffrent games (EA consumers :razz Same thing happening to another community now that Microsoft decided to chancel the Flight Simulator branch.
Scawen killed half of the demo drift servers when he took the XRT out of the demo (replacing it for the FBM). Maybe in a distant future he replaces the XRG in demo with a huge-ass super slowpoke FWD car and kill the rest of 'em. That would make the demo actually nice to play, without those drifters on my way.
Quote from Danny LFS :Scawen killed half of the demo drift servers when he took the XRT out of the demo (replacing it for the FBM). Maybe in a distant future he replaces the XRG in demo with a huge-ass super slowpoke FWD car and kill the rest of 'em. That would make the demo actually nice to play, without those drifters on my way.

Demo for review, if you leave the XRT in the demo, then a lot of people do not want to buy S2. Scawen rights and I support him
He kiled them by not allowing them on oficial servers. Don`t tell me they didn`t cracked the game and started playing on Hamachi or something similar.
Quote from TigerClw :He kiled them by not allowing them on oficial servers. Don`t tell me they didn`t cracked the game and started playing on Hamachi or something similar.

Playing on Hamachi just for the sake of the XRT with outdated physics. Yes, this is really really great fun.... NOT.
Quote from ATHome :Playing on Hamachi just for the sake of the XRT with outdated physics. Yes, this is really really great fun.... NOT.

Playing on Hamachi with all cars and tracks. That sounds good to me.
And yeah, just remembered, there are mods now, so those can be used online also. So as far as i can see, Hamachi seems like a good alternative if i think about it.
Quote from TigerClw :Playing on Hamachi with all cars and tracks. That sounds good to me.
And yeah, just remembered, there are mods now, so those can be used online also. So as far as i can see, Hamachi seems like a good alternative if i think about it.

Playing with what, 1-2 people? Great fun. And mods only change the car's shape so you'll be driving the same cars with different exterior.

Stop being a hobo and buy the goddamn game. If you saved 1€ every month within those 4 years that you have been demo, you would have had enought to buy S2 a year ago.
There are more people on hamachi than you can imagine.
As far as i am concerned, i won`t go into details. I`ll just say that school is a priority and cost a lot. I study architecture for those who realy mut know. One project, and we have 2 each semester, costs about 3 times as much as the game. So I appologise if I offended you for not buying the game, which these days i don`t get to play that often. In fact the last time i was online was at the beginning of 2007.
Reported. I have had enough.
Never really see the point in moaning, at the end of the day we have all the content we've paid for so the devs aren't indebted to us in anyway

Just a wee bit gutted that I skinned the Vdub in 08
Quote from SunSonik :Demo for review, if you leave the XRT in the demo, then a lot of people do not want to buy S2. Scawen rights and I support him

I am saying I actually liked the move. I personally hate drifting just for the sake of drifting. Seriously, I'd rather die than drift on tarmac.

Rally for the win.
Quote from Danny LFS :I personally hate drifting just for the sake of drifting. Seriously, I'd rather die than drift on tarmac.

But cruising and pretending to drive amongst traffic on race tracks is awesome?
People can do what they want - it is their choice. Please don't start another flame war of cruising and drifting.
Little drifting is funny in real cars, i think everybody is doing this shit when they get her driving license new. Why not to have some fun with learning the Physics better in LFS by drifting.
Its is not a must "have" but a must "try" when you doesent do it before.

Especially when you have no driving License or no ability to feel the forces as co-driver (in real cars).

Much friends of mine has learn better the weight of the simulated cars during they drifting.

Drifting is the first step into a racing Sim, when you have no experience with real cars. Its "more" fun in very short time. The other has alot experience and are bored of drift and want (like me) a battle of experince. But these are no reasons to blame the "beginners of experince "
(most are, but some guys are Magic & we all know this its true)
Thanks for the update
Thanks for the update Scawen, and yes there is more to life than work and listening to us Wee Wankers Wine. Nice alliteration eh?
sighh. I am running out of patient
Go to a hospital. They have lots.
My patience grows by every day.
Quote from pik_d :Two things to think about:

The most vocal group is not necessarily the majority.

LFS has been around for the better part of a decade. People who started playing as teenagers are now in their 20s (myself included, I was 19 in December of 2006, though obviously that's not the best example).

Indeed.

I was 13 when I started playing (2004) and now I am about to be 19.
The point being in 20 years LFS will have a more mature community?
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG