The online racing simulator
You're saying that my dad and brother are bad drivers because they have bmw?
There are always exceptions to a rule
Almost got in to a crash last week when some elderly couple in a 607 Peugeot started changing lanes (I was in their blind spot) without indicating. Good thing I had decent brakes..
Well, I had driving lessons and I hit a car.
So yeah, that kinda works for me.
Anecdotal evidence FTW!
#33 - aoun
Older people are safer.

[smart, intelligent aoun]

Im young, and i know that young fellas are dangerous.. Teenagers apparently and proven to lack a part of the brain that doesnt really calculate risk factors nor health factors, which comes over aging.

When you think about it. A young person thinks of a great and fine idea and because its great and fine, they will almost automatically do that idea. An adult will think of the same idea, think it through and think the risks etc being involved, and end up bailing out on the idea. Its pretty much maturity, but teenagers actualy lack that thinking.

[/smart, intelligent aoun]

Hence when a teenager thinks its great to speed, all the kid is going to do is speed. Elderly are almost oppisite.
Quote from danowat :I'd say 90% of drivers, regardless of age, are CRAP...

90% of people think they are better drivers than 90% of people.
I saw an elderly lady driving along today, peeking over the top of the steering wheel, in a brand new Golf GTI, which i found quite hilarious
She was driving very slowly...
#36 - JJ72
Quote from Kalev EST :90% of people think they are better drivers than 90% of people.

I am in that 10% that KNOWS I am better than 90% of people.

Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Fag. Why don't you just say that rich people can't drive. Manufactuer have nothing to do with it. Can't understand you people.

In the Netherlands the worst drivers are usually the ones in company cars. VW Passats and Golfs are the worst over here, closely followed by Audi A4's. BMW's and Mercs are generally driven more sensibly.

When I cross the border to Germany, Audi's Mercs and BMW's are the worst.
Quote from danowat :I'd say 90% of drivers, regardless of age, are CRAP, the amount of people who have no idea of lane discapline, roundabouts, rights of way, indication and just general road sense is unbelieveable.

i presume you consider yourself to be part of those 10%?
Quote from danowat :Compulsary retests for EVERYONE, every 5 or so years is the only way to go.

Definitely agree there.

Quote from danowat :The vast majority of BMW drivers don't indicate.

The vast majority of drivers don't indicate.
Quote from Shotglass :i presume you consider yourself to be part of those 10%?

No, I have bad habits like the rest of people, and I am in no way the "perfect driver", however, I'd imagine considering I had to my full bike license test only a few years ago, and the fact that I am also a motorbiker, and cyclist, the "rules of the road" are clearer in my head, hence my call for compulsary retests.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :You're saying that my dad and brother are bad drivers because they have bmw?

No but because they are related to you.
Quote from Bob Smith :The vast majority of drivers don't indicate.

And I wish some of the minority didn't indicate... A few days ago almost had a crash on a roundabout because some idiot was indicating that he was turning off it just before I was turning into it, but carried on the roundabout anyway. Now I never trust people that indicate, just have to wait until they actually turn...

I won't say I'm better than most drivers, but at least I always try to indicate correctly!
Quote from Gil07 :And I wish some of the minority didn't indicate... A few days ago almost had a crash on a roundabout because some idiot was indicating that he was turning off it just before I was turning into it, but carried on the roundabout anyway. Now I never trust people that indicate, just have to wait until they actually turn...

I won't say I'm better than most drivers, but at least I always try to indicate correctly!

Was it a multi-lane or one-lane roundabout? If multi-lane then was he on the outside lane or on the inside? Because if he was on the inside then he would have been indicating a lane change to the outside and technically everything was correct.
in america it is split, some indicate just because, and some dont but might as well as they have room when they dont.

only when somebody pulls on the highway are people here bad drivers, or thats what i see

my dad drove a bmw one time, a nice new one...and he admitted that he was driving more snobilly it just happened, maybe it was all in his head though
I've been in a car with my Gran... Nuf Said.
I was in a car with my gran (god rest her soul) once way back when, and she decided to drive the wrong way up a dual carridgeway!!!
the question is how do you define an old driver? these days 65 isn't really that old yet may well be counted as an old driver in this survey, similarly what's a young driver? under 20, 25 30 ?

my own sweeping generalisation would be:

the most dangerous drivers are those within their first 5 years of driving or their last 5 years of driving

when you are starting out you haven't the experience, when your nearing the end you don't appreciate how your facilties / body may be letting you down. also from personal experience (as a non motorcyclist), people who ride motor bikes are generally very safe car drivers because they are aware how dangerous the road surface, other vehicles etc can be.
Quote from tinvek :my own sweeping generalisation would be:

the most dangerous drivers are those within their first 5 years of driving or their last 5 years of driving

Oh great. I turn 38 in 2 weeks. No male on my father's side that I know of has made it past 43. I guess that means I'll start becoming an old person who drives bad here pretty soon.....
Gotta agree with the "older drivers are safer" thing. I've rarely felt endangered by elderly drivers, but have had plenty of vomit-worthy experiences with young P-platers.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Fag. Why don't you just say that rich people can't drive. Manufactuer have nothing to do with it. Can't understand you people.

BMW is not a luxury car, neither is a Merc. And FYI a lot of 'fags' have a lot more disposable income (no kids) to afford much nicer cars than Beirut taxi's.

Suck on that, straight boy.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG