The online racing simulator
NVidia
(22 posts, started )
NVidia
What at first and second best video card nvidia at the moment for LFS
#2 - (SaM)
The ATI HD4800
#3 - RiGun
I would say go for a 9500GT if you are on a budget, that's enough to handle LFS over 60 fps all the time.
The most expensive one and the second most expensive one
i have the gts 250 oc, its cheap, way enough for everything
but yeah for lfs you need more cpu performance than gfx. a 128 mb card is enough for lfs but u need very good cpu
i got a gtx260. works for me, tho a good cpu is better to have
Quote from (SaM) :The ATI HD4800

Umm, no. He said nVidia, not ATI, read the title.

I have a GTX 260+ and it's run everything (almost) I've thrown at it on maximum settings (specs in sig), the only game I've had problems with is crysis, but you'll probably never get that game working properly anyway

The 260 didn't cost much either, only $315..
#8 - (SaM)
I always thought Aussies were quite good at (detecting) sarcasm.
285gtx is the current 2nd best graphics card by nvidia, so its the 2nd best for LFS . Buying one is pretty dumb now, since the ATi 5850 is around the same price and is better. Its mostly 275's on sale now, and the 5850 is much better than that. Unleeessss , you get a used 285

Nvidia's next gen cards are coming out in a few months.
gts 250
The best GPU from nVidia right now is the GTX295.. but it's still expensive and I doubt LFS support both gpu cores lol

Get a GTX260, I can play everything with it. As people said, for LFS u need a good cpu, not the best gpu..

If you can't wait for new nVidia's go for an ATI HD58xx
You mean waiting for the new nVidia GTX460/480s so that the current card prices drop. You don't need these hefty cards pumping 200 GB/s of memory bandwidth and 500 SPs running a DX8 game. It is pointless. For LFS, you can just go for a used 8800 GTS performance level card such as a 9600GT, 8800GS, 3870, 4670, 4830, 4770. Running a GTX260 just for LFS is pointless. You are wasting your money better spent elsewhere; such as a better wheel, a bigger monitor as per needed.

GenesisX

EDIT: You can go for the newer 5670s which are really well suited for this. In addition, you can pump out video / audio through the HDMI port, and do all sorts of stuff. These well packed cards get the job done; you will be happy to get good HTPC capabilities with this sub $100 card.

No, a GTX260 is not needed.
Quote from (SaM) :I always thought Aussies were quite good at (detecting) sarcasm.

We are good at sarcasm, but I don't like it when someone asks a perfectly reasonable question, only to have someone answer with something irrelevant. He asked for nVidia not ATI.

Do you play any other games besides LFS? If you play anything reasonably demanding, then it would be good to buy something good like a GTX 260, if you only want to play LFS, buy something like a 9600GT, that should do you fine.

And Genesis, the GTX 4xx series won't be out for a while, the 3xx series aren't even out yet (minus the 310, which is an OEM card).
Quote from c00kie :We are good at sarcasm, but I don't like it when someone asks a perfectly reasonable question, only to have someone answer with something irrelevant. He asked for nVidia not ATI.

Do you play any other games besides LFS? If you play anything reasonably demanding, then it would be good to buy something good like a GTX 260, if you only want to play LFS, buy something like a 9600GT, that should do you fine.

And Genesis, the GTX 4xx series won't be out for a while, the 3xx series aren't even out yet (minus the 310, which is an OEM card).

i have a friend running lfs perfectly fine ona 256mb 7600GT.
I just couldn't help but notice his sentence was huge and didn't make any sense, making him look like a retard and well... I decided to reply accordingly. I guess it's a Dutch thing.

On topic: I 'd first buy the best CPU you can afford and with what's left, buy any graphics card that's less than 2 years old, either nVidia or ATI.
I think it's funny.
Quote from dadge :i have a friend running lfs perfectly fine ona 256mb 7600GT.

I did that! On a C2D @ 3 GHz and 7600GT; everything on HIGH. I ran 1080p and also 2560 x 1024... I got as much FPS as possible (VSYNC ON). If you are running on KB, then get a wheel FCOL!
#18 - shim
really depends on this one question to you pjuniorbra

is LFS the only game you shall be using this card for?
Quote from nl2dav :I second that, might be a Dutch thing

Definately, because I think it's funny too.

Quote from (SaM) :On topic: I 'd first buy the best CPU you can afford and with what's left, buy any graphics card that's less than 2 years old, either nVidia or ATI.

I agree with (SaM).
Nvidia best! are effect with PhysX !
Quote from GT4_PL :Nvidia best! are effect with PhysX !

Nah. ATi are better with the current cards.

And no developers use PhysX, and don't see the good thing of it really, havok ftw.

NVidia
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG