The online racing simulator
LFS Stats on MSN pm ?
(14 posts, started )
LFS Stats on MSN pm ?
Hey

I was wondering if it was possible to make some sort of programme to implement the use of some 'live' LFS stats into the MSN messenger personal message, i.e, the car and track and laptime/pb as you'd be driving in LFS.

I think it would be pretty cool, and like me, if you were to use msn and lfs at the same time, it would let others know u are on lfs and they would be able to see what car, track, and pb-laptime u have done.

- something like in the picture i have attached.

Regards,
Aazzaa.
Attached images
LFS msn pm.jpg
I also think that would be cool not that many my msn contacts would care or know about LFS :P
I have 6-7 years programming experiance and also know how to set messenger's pm programmically so I'll try to make a program that can do it, if lfs don't implement it
you might be better off doing that with outsim and some msn plugin.
lol!
well same here but, i think it would be pretty cool.
just like xbox 360.
when u go on msn on xbox live
it says
Xbox360 (username) : Dashboard
or something like that
#5 - J@tko
IIRC Rob Fenlon made one where it showed what LFS server you're on at some point - so it's probably possible
Quote from bunder9999 :you might be better off doing that with outsim and some msn plugin.

Im trying with outsim and vb, working so far
Quite a bump but Im sure what im about to say could forgive it

So after sometime of working on other programs I have finally decided to give this a reall go and this image is a small represetitive of what I have done so far...

For now the stats are fixed to what you see there in the MSN PM but pretty soon I'll make it optional stats and also add more stats like your PB on the current track and more!!

Check out the official release thread over at lfstweak.net
http://lfstweak.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18

Hope you like it
-David
That seems good, but why does it have a music symbol next to it? xD
Edit: I tried to use the Game symbol but for some reason it wouldnt update on msn... tried the Games and Office symbol and the Music on is the only one that shows up...

I may even change the program to use a normal PM rather than the "What am I listening To" Feature...
Beta v0.1 Available!!
Tested with Windows Live Messenger Version 2009 (Build 14.0.8089.726)

Please post feedback, errors you have!
BUT make sure you do this before posting problems about not working/connecting

Outgauge Port: 35555 (Edit in "cfg.ini")
OutGauge Mode 2
OutGauge Delay 1
OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1
OutGauge Port 35555
OutGauge ID 1

InSim Port: 29999 (Type "/insim 29999" Ingame to activate, Before opening MSNStat!)

Download: www.lfstweak.net

Thanks
-David
"You do not have the required permissions to view files attatched to this post."

V0.2 Available!!

ChangeLog: (Since Beta V0.2)
Added Online Host - Show what host you are online at!!
Re-Written Code - Works a lot better and faster updating of MSN PM
Obfuscated code - Cant let others Decompile my code now can we?

Download at lfstweak.net
Quote from DavidTiger :Obfuscated code - Cant let others Decompile my code now can we?

A better solution to that problem is to just make it open source
I could and maybe will eventually but for now while I'm still developing it will be closed and obfuscated.
Plus theres a lot of cleaning to do in the code before I'd even consider showing it to anyone
(messy programmer with commented out lines what I was testing with :schwitz

LFS Stats on MSN pm ?
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG