The online racing simulator
Terible Lagg
(9 posts, started )
Terible Lagg
When im playing online a get a terrible lagg and very high ping, but when i ping your master server the ping is very low.

i have also found that if i alt-tab another screen or messager ontop of lfs the ping drops dramatically.

I know its not my isp as i have got the to check the line 3 times and it is fine, i can play other games online fine like counter strike source.

any ideas?
press SHIFT+F8 fot a network debug tool that might help.
yea i used that and was getting very high readings, but for some reason when i minimized the game and logged on the forums the ping dropped down and stayed down as long as i had the forums open on a browser in the background.
Very strange.
Fix
I have found a fix for this problem, even though it is a little amature.

If i log onto a server my lag will be very high; then if i window LFS and open up an internet browser the lag drops dramatically. I can then full screen LFS again
#5 - Gunn
This sounds more like hardware lag than network lag. It's happening in full screen mode only, correct?

Try a different video driver and check your graphics settings for your video card.

Also (unrelated to your lag issue) don't ALT+TAB in Live For Speed, use SHIFT+F4 to switch between full screen and windowed mode.
#6 - Honey
Quote from Gunn :
Also (unrelated to your lag issue) don't ALT+TAB in Live For Speed, use SHIFT+F4 to switch between full screen and windowed mode.

why don't use alt+tab? is there any issue with that?
It happens in windowed mode as well as full screen, (dont wory i only use windowed mode)
I dont think it is hardware as i put all the settings to lowest and it still happens.
This is the weirdest fix for lag issues, ever
Quote from symsworld :When im playing online a get a terrible lagg and very high ping, but when i ping your master server the ping is very low.

i have also found that if i alt-tab another screen or messager ontop of lfs the ping drops dramatically.

I know its not my isp as i have got the to check the line 3 times and it is fine, i can play other games online fine like counter strike source.

any ideas?

Stop downloading pr0n movies

Terible Lagg
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG