The online racing simulator
I have a question:
if you use 900 degree steering, will you see in game wheel turning 900 too and with hands crossing?
It can be a silly thing but I serached youtube and even if it says the driver is used 900 I didnt see the car turning more than 300 something.

I found a video of a Ferrari F430 and in a moment when spin out of the track you can notice a weird hand crossing gmovement but I'm not sure.
Quote from Asphalt Scream :I have a question:
if you use 900 degree steering, will you see in game wheel turning 900 too and with hands crossing?
It can be a silly thing but I serached youtube and even if it says the driver is used 900 I didnt see the car turning more than 300 something.

I found a video of a Ferrari F430 and in a moment when spin out of the track you can notice a weird hand crossing gmovement but I'm not sure.

Yeah that vid is old, they removed it, but a Sony rep in some video said they will have full 900 degree steering and cross arm action

---

Prologue sounds were really disappointing for me
Sounds pretty good here

Listen to the flyby at the start - all those exotic tones!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGr0nCPJd-s

Mclaren F1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stCjSGXPnVs
Quote from senn :that and when you get it, the physics are old school. I'll be waiting for this one to come out, and trying before i get it, unlike gt4 which i pre ordered, and got the morning it came out. They can't keep calling it a simulation if the physics are going to stay very very basic :/

It's on a console, what do you expect? Proper games? Nah...
Quote from Bose321 :It's on a console, what do you expect? Proper games? Nah...

Go away pc nerd.. :doh:
Nerrrrrrrrrd!!! :d
Go away wealthy person!
An old'ish behind the scenes look at Polyphony Digital, Kazunori Yamauchi and Gran Turismo 5. French with subtitles

Love the triple screen cockpit with motion simulator - GT has always had triple screen support, but the dev version at least, has code to drive a motion simulator, I wouldn't mind that myself

Also Kaz said he wants to own a Mclaren F1, well you would think after 55 million copies sold, he could afford one!
Still a Porsche GT3 daily driver, 2x Ford GT, GT-R etc is still pretty nice....

Funny seeing the GT5 icons used on the staff board

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWavXc2b8EA
not impossible
Quote from Bose321 :So you're posting from your paystation right now?

:doh: Classic PC geek comment

(and btw i can, and i do on ocassions)
Wait a second...

Then you are a PS3 geek.
Quote from Boris Lozac ::doh: Classic PC geek comment

(and btw i can, and i do on ocassions)

That's a shame. Fancy some Crysis?

Quote from DevilDare :Wait a second...

Then you are a PS3 geek.

Yeah, I'm glad to be a "PC geek". Better then a console geek...
No, i'm an 'ex' PC gamer who realised how stupid it become to play games on PC, and bought a PS3. Now i use the PC for it's real reason..
I just hate those comments from people who never played on consoles and do not get the whole concept behind it.. I hate it, cause i once had an exact attitude like that, when i was younger.. I'm betting that Bose (and you maybe) have like 14, 15 years..
If some rich uncle bought him a console, he would sing a different story. Kid thinks he's now 'elite' or something, cause he has two graphic cards, 300 bucks each

EDIT: Omg, Crysis came into story now too Now you're ticking all the 'young geek 1337' boxes
Well, actually, PC gaming is getting more elite, and the 2 video cards, well, I'd like to say yes, but that makes me look more stupid.

And I once got a xbox360 from my uncle, believe it or not, but I don't like it.
Quote from Boris Lozac :No, i'm an 'ex' PC gamer who realised how stupid it become to play games on PC, and bought a PS3. Now i use the PC for it's real reason.. I just hate those comments from people who never played on consoles and do not get the whole concept behind it.. I hate it, cause i once had an exact attitude like that, when i was younger.. I'm betting that Bose (and you maybe) have like 14, 15 years.. If some rich uncle bought him a console, he would sing a different story. Kid thinks he's now 'elite' or something, cause he has two graphic cards, 300 bucks each EDIT: Omg, Crysis came into story now too Now you're ticking all the 'young geek 1337' boxes

Nah, I am actually 9. :P

I own a PS2, xbox 360 and Wii, and still prefer PC gaming. You need to realise that not everyone likes what you do. The sooner, the better.
Quote from DevilDare :Nah, I am actually 9. :P

I own a PS2, xbox 360 and Wii, and still prefer PC gaming. You need to realise that not everyone likes what you do. The sooner, the better.

I do realise that, but those 'l33t' comments always go on my nerves.. I hate when people (kids) behave like gaming started on the PC.
They're called fanboys, you should know that by now

Before someone accuses me of being a PS/GT fanboy, I enjoy PC gaming as much as the next guy. On my computer (laptop, heh) I have GTR (2 & Evo, + RACE07)/rFactor/LFS as well as Half-Life 2, Portal, Team Fortress 2 and Counter-Strike - and I enjoy playing them all. Same goes for the likes of GT1/2/3/4/5P, MW2, GTA4, Burnout (3 was legendary), Tekken 3/6 to name but a few on the Playstation.

Proclaiming one form of gaming (ie console vs PC) is better than the other just makes you out to be an idiot. If you were smart you'd realise that each system has its own advantages and disadvantages, and as such no system is "better" than the other.
I love how weight transfer looks really..
that Lambo looks REALLY plastic.

I guess someone had a bad camera or a bad TV.
Just a quote about this 20 locations, 70 variations tracks issue, which has been pretty confusing and vague

Quote :When this was originally said, I translated the original Japanese myself (wish I'd kept it now), and the way the language was used (20 circuits, 70 layouts) indicated over 20 real world tracks (Nuerburgring, Laguna Seca, La Sarthe, Suzuka, Fuji etc.) and over 70 PD-created tracks (Trial Mountain, High Speed Ring, Eiger, London, Midfield etc.). "Circuit" implies a track that already exists and "Layout" implies one that has been laid out (created).
Whether those 70 include forward/backward and short versions, or whether they are just 70 tracks and you can add the forward/backward/short versions onto that I don't know and can't speculate. But I'm confident in my interpretation because I did it (I would be ) from the original language, rather than a second translation from French... Of course, it's up to you whether you agree with me or not.

That quoite sounds wrong to me though. I rather understand it as 20 tracks, which come in 70 variations, as in Blackwood is one track, but has 4 variations (BL1, BL1r, BL2, BL2r)
that would the literal english meaning of the statement, but it doesn't add up as a lot of the real life tracks don't have that many variations
Indeed. Most real-life tracks will have just the one layout - maybe two or three at the most - which means that for the 20 tracks, 70 variations theory to be correct some tracks would have to have 8 or more variants. Which is a lot.

I personally think it's referring to 20 real-world circuits and 70 fictional tracks, with the 70 including long/short layouts [Grand Valley Speedway/GVE for example] but not forward/reverse setups (because they're not actually a different circuit, merely an existing one run the wrong way).
It's kinda small number for real tracks Instead of doing 456 different Skylines, they could've done more real tracks, like Monaco (not sure if it will be in), some of the F1 tracks, like Turkey, Montreal etc..

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG