The online racing simulator
Quote from UncleBenny :
Glad Gordon didn't win, would hate to see another Hendrick car in victory lane because of a caution with 10 to go.

Well as I see it, that's the same reason that Hamlin won.
Quote from SidiousX :Well as I see it, that's the same reason that Hamlin won.

Well obviously someone had to win after the yellow. I just didn't want it to be Gordon. I would have been happy with Kenseth or Newman as well.

I do love Gordon's quote after the race though, if Kenseth is going to take the win from me I'm going to make sure he doesn't win either haha. Did Gordon really not think Kenseth was going to lay the bumper to him with 2 to go? I mean come on, its Martinsville.
I loved the race. I was reminded why I watch NASCAR. Denny had a LOT of luck there
Quote from UncleBenny :Well obviously someone had to win after the yellow.

That's not what we are talking about. We are talking about somebody winning BECAUSE of a caution coming out.
-
(JackDaMaster) DELETED by JackDaMaster
Quote from SidiousX :That's not what we are talking about. We are talking about somebody winning BECAUSE of a caution coming out.

That's not what I said though. I said I didn't want to see a certain driver win because of a yellow. I don't see where you're trying to go with this.
I said I didn't want to see a HENDRICK CAR win because of a caution, I don't understand how you're just ignoring that part of my sentence.
And to say I was hoping Kenseth could sneak in a win...

Newman too of course.
Quote from UncleBenny :I said I didn't want to see a HENDRICK CAR win because of a caution, I don't understand how you're just ignoring that part of my sentence.

And I said I didn't want Hamlin to win because of it. Then you said something about "somebody was going to win after a caution", well no shit lol.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Good on the kid, if he's got talent why should skin colour be an issue?

It's not, they just need something to talk about.
Quote from PMD9409 :It's not, they just need something to talk about.

Yup. And NASCAR will be promoting the f**k out of him if he shows signs of winning more races, count on it.
And that to me is wrong, they're playing the reverse racism card

If a black Danica came into NASCAR (for instance) tomorrow, I dread what the broadcasts'd be like
Quote from DieKolkrabe :And that to me is wrong, they're playing the reverse racism card

If a black Danica came into NASCAR (for instance) tomorrow, I dread what the broadcasts'd be like

Wrong IMO too, but that's how writers get readers.
Quote from PMD9409 :Wrong IMO too, but that's how the Daily Mail gets readers.

Slightly closer to the truth

I was reading about Jackie Robinson last night, one of my sports heroes. Baseball did not whore the fact 'Oh wow we got a black ballplayer', they let him play (even though the country as a whole was racist).

NASCAR will whore the fact they have a black driver
Quote from SidiousX :And I said I didn't want Hamlin to win because of it. Then you said something about "somebody was going to win after a caution", well no shit lol.

Ohhhh you should have said that sooner! I didn't realize you were just saying you didn't want Hamlin to win for the same reason haha.
Quote from UncleBenny :Ohhhh you should have said that sooner! I didn't realize you were just saying you didn't want Hamlin to win for the same reason haha.

lol
Quote from DieKolkrabe :
NASCAR will whore the fact they have a black driver

They won't go too far I believe, as they didn't with Bill Lester in the early 2000's. It's not like he is the first successful, he's just quick and young and I guess his skin color helps get readers. Rather annoying sure, but the only person NASCAR will whore is Danica Patrick.

Was so nice not hearing her name during the broadcasts this past weekend.
But Bill Lester only got as far as the Trucks I believe, I don't remember them making a huge deal out of it
Quote from DieKolkrabe :But Bill Lester only got as far as the Trucks I believe, I don't remember them making a huge deal out of it

Danica in an ARCA race was a huge deal, and that's below trucks. Danica is just a media whore though. I have no problem with this Wallace kid coming to Nascar, and I seriously doubt it will turn into the circus Danica-mania has.

I only watch a couple F1 races a year at most, was it a big deal when Lewis Hamilton started racing? I don't remember anyone making a huge fuss over his skin color.
The Spanish fans did, but they do that in every sport

But IMO you can't draw comparisons between Danica and Wallace
Quote from DieKolkrabe :The Spanish fans did, but they do that in every sport

But IMO you can't draw comparisons between Danica and Wallace

of course u cant.

ones got a dick others got tits xD
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Slightly closer to the truth

I was reading about Jackie Robinson last night, one of my sports heroes. Baseball did not whore the fact 'Oh wow we got a black ballplayer', they let him play (even though the country as a whole was racist).

That's because at the time Jackie Robinson was around, it would have been PR suicide to promote the fact that they had a black superstar.

2010 NASCAR Talk
(735 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG