Women Drivers !!!
(184 posts, closed, started )
#1 - Bean0
Women Drivers !!!
Found link on another forum, but it has been an entertaining read during lunch

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_c ... your-motoring-career?pg=1

(Weird abbreviation guide here)

Snippets...

"I got stuck next to a plant pot in a parking lot, and could not get out. I then phoned DB to come and rescue me, and having just gotten off the phone, realised that if I turn the wheel the other way, the car would move away from the plant pot and I could drive off free"

"I cannot park to save my life. I have to have at least three bays in a row, and even then there's no guarantee which one I'll end up in."

"The centre console had been reading Coolant Low all that week and i had just assumed that was the album being played"
Huge OMG.

Say NO to female drivers.

Now I can see why they don't allow women drivers in Saudi Arabia Could get expensive for them
Quote from matijapkc :Huge OMG.

Say NO to female drivers.

This post is a serious candidate for the most stupid one on this forum. What the hell is with everyone bashing and laughing at women drivers? Particularly with those of you who don't have their own license yet.

Girls might panic easier and might have worse spacial awareness, but 90% of idiots I've met on streets so far were men...
#5 - Osco
After reading a few pages I came across this:

Quote :Maybe some of us are just not meant to drive.

No shit sherlock. Knitting, OK. Cooking, OK. Driving, not OK
Quote from MadCatX :90% of idiots I've met on streets so far were men...

Idiocy != Stupidity.
Men tend to do stupid things on purpose, beating their chest and drawing attention to their accomplishment.
It's not the same as genuine stupidity, which most of the things from Mum's net qualify as
Quote from MadCatX : 90% of idiots I've met on streets so far were men...

Keyword: "I"
Maybe you know that much people who could and do stupid things. I don't know, maybe it's just me...
My god, that thread gave me feelings as if I was on a terrorist forum, where all the terrorists brag about their achievements
#9 - Jakg
Quote from squidhead :My god, that thread gave me feelings as if I was on a terrorist forum, where all the terrorists brag about their achievements

^ this ^.

Men are at least predictable, women just do crazy things - i.e. if a man pulls out in front of me at a roundabout he'll boot it to get out of the way - sensible, if not ideal. If a woman does it, she gets right in front of me and then stops, leaving me do to an emergency stop, retarded beyond all belief.

The amount of women who admit to damaging cars and driving off saddens me though, the ZT already has a scratch while it was parked

Bring in compulsory retests imo.
#10 - 5haz
All this, and my insurance costs will be nearly double that of my sister for the same car, just because I'm a boy, that is, if I could actually afford to pay them.

Insurance companies shouldn't be allowed to charge like that without some kind of proper scientific or statistical basis, other than simply going by the 'boy racer' stereotype.
Quote from 5haz :All this, and my insurance costs will be nearly double that of my sister for the same car, just because I'm a boy, that is, if I could actually afford to pay them.

Insurance companies shouldn't be allowed to charge like that without some kind of proper scientific or statistical basis, other than simply going by the 'boy racer' stereotype.

Start your own insurance company then if you think it's profitible to offer -25 men cheaper insurance You won't last very long

Lads do drive in a more dangerous way than women from my experience I can fully understand the high premiums.

Ask yourself have you ever been in a car where a chick has gone "I am gonna not brake for this roundabout"

Women are safer, maybe not better, but safer!
Quote from Intrepid :Women are safer, maybe not better, but safer!

Yeah, but they still make more and more stupid accidents. Men drive fast and rarely make a mistake, but women... They can't even think of driving fast, while most of women can't drive even slow.
Quote from matijapkc :Yeah, but they still make more and more stupid accidents. Men drive fast and rarely make a mistake, but women... They can't even think of driving fast, while most of women can't drive even slow.

A women may not be able to park or use a map, but unlike men aren't going to see a country road and think "yuummm". If they aint driving fast they aint crashing!
But then if they aren't driving fast, they're holding up people behind them who get agitated, and want to go round them (most probably a bloke, but hey, at least he wants to do the speed limit)
Except when they don't look to mirrors changing lanes.... or stuff like that.
I see very bad stuff in the roads. Not only from women but the most are... Some simply don't understand how driving works.
Fortunately, like you say, they drive very slow otherwise we are all screwed but yeah, most deaths and horrible crashes come from men driving careless.
#16 - 5haz
Quote from Intrepid :Start your own insurance company then if you think it's profitible to offer -25 men cheaper insurance You won't last very long

Lads do drive in a more dangerous way than women from my experience I can fully understand the high premiums.

Nah you just can't generalise, insurance seems to be based too much on generalisation, its serious business so there really should be some kind of proper basis for what they charge.

Should people who have hardly driven have to pay such a heavy price for other people driving like idiots, I know you have a thing about people having to pay for people other than themselves. :rolleyes:

Quote from Intrepid :Ask yourself have you ever been in a car where a chick has gone "I am gonna not brake for this roundabout"

I haven't, I have however been in a car with a chick who panicked and pressed the clutch instead of the brake for a roundabout!
Quote from 5haz :Nah you just can't generalise, insurance seems to be based too much on generalisation, its serious business so there really should be some kind of proper basis for what they charge.

Should people who have hardly driven have to pay such a heavy price for other people driving like idiots, I know you have a thing about people having to pay for people other than themselves. :rolleyes:

If this was true then someone someone would have started their own insurance company by now. The fact no one has started this company suggests that men under 25 really do crash a lot more than women. But this is just the way it is. By law you HAVE to have insurance and this means they can charge wtf they like.
Quote from Intrepid :If this was true then someone someone would have started their own insurance company by now. The fact no one has started this company suggests that men under 25 really do crash a lot more than women. But this is just the way it is. By law you HAVE to have insurance and this means they can charge wtf they like.

You can insure yourself by putting £500k deposit with the Accountant General of the Supreme Court, large companies do this.
Quote from matijapkc :Keyword: "I"
Maybe you know that much people who could and do stupid things. I don't know, maybe it's just me...

Heh.

Learning from me, eh?

Anyway. That thread and story is just pure stupidity. IMO it has nothing to do with women drivers, she is just retarded.

driven kilometers | % of all accidents

imo men have more serious, high speed accidents, and women alot of smaller stuff

I once witnessed a soccer mum almost killing herself and her kids, thats what you get for driving exactly a fast as the lorry you started to overtake
Sexist thread is sexist.
I have my own little story. I'd only just started at my new job and was asked to bring in a punters car. Because the gap to get cars into the garage was tight so I was worried about damaging the car so much I tightened up a lot when driving it.

I was driving in when I heard SCRAPE! stopped the car hopped out and managed to rip off all of the door trim and leave some nice surface scratches down the side of the guys car.

At that point I wanted to dig a hole and die. It only took about 30 minutes to fix and another 30 apologising to the punter. Lucky for me it was his works car, covered in so many dings and scratches he didn't care.

But I still worry when I take in a punters car I'll do it again, though after a while I was able to relax enough that I don't take off door trims any more.
#23 - CSU1
...not twenty minutes ago sitting in the passenger seat of the new familly Santa Fe in the car park of Aldi the missus jumps into the driver seat, locks the steering to the right at which point I said politely "watch that pole yeah"

PaPoooooW! takes off like a cat from hell

CccccRunch!

silly woman

nother three hundred blips, bitch.
Not crashing, but an example of the difference between men and women. Note, my wife is 35 and I am 38.

My wife has an 06 Mazda Tribute, a small SUV. The EPA rated mileage is 19-24 city and 23-29 highways.

My wife does not speed. She generally drives the speedlimit, maybe 5 mph over. I am the opposite. I do speed, generally I do 70-75 in my work commute on a 55 mph road and 50-60 on back roads where the limit can be anywhere from 35 to 45 mph.

My wife gets an average of 19 mpg. I get an average of 24 mpg. We live out in the country and rarely drive in any city or town, so the driving for either of us is basically all long runs at larger speed limits (me being well over as was said.)
You forgot to mention what kind of car you drive.
This thread is closed

Women Drivers !!!
(184 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG