The online racing simulator
Host did not receive UDP packet
(26 posts, started )
Hi!
I'm hosting few servers on my VPS server. I have trouble with DEMO servers. After 4h-2d(random) the servers shows: Host did not receive UDP packet for everyone who's connecting. I didn't check S1 but S2 server is working good.

DEMO server "crashes" with InSim's or without. That doesn't matter. Port's are 64001 for game and 65001 for insim (server-side) port.

EDIT: VPS not Hard Dedicated
VPS or Hard Dedicated?
My mistake. VPS.
Any firewall applications installed?
No. Iptables cleared.
running under wnie then?

Do you know if the people already connecting all turns into "lag" spots? and unable to pit/leave? Because I used to have this problem on one of my linux servers.

CentOS and the latest version of wine works wonderfully.
I remember having this problem. Which version of wine are you running? Make sure it's up to date.
I can't update wine. Can u help me? I get:
Quote :Następujące pakiety mają niespełnione zależności:
wine: Wymaga: libasound2 (> 1.0.14) ale 1.0.13-2 ma zostać zainstalowany
Wymaga: libc6 (>= 2.6-1) ale 2.3.6.ds1-13etch10+b1 ma zostać zainstalowany
Wymaga: libgphoto2-2 (>= 2.4.0) ale nie zostanie zainstalowany
Wymaga: libgphoto2-port0 (>= 2.4.0) ale nie zostanie zainstalowany
Wymaga: libxml2 (>= 2.6.29) ale 2.6.27.dfsg-6+etch1 ma zostać zainstalowany
Wymaga: libxslt1.1 (>= 1.1.20) ale 1.1.19-3 ma zostać zainstalowany
E: Pakiety są błędne

(Wymaga = requires, ma zostać zainstalowany = it should be installed, ale nie zostanie zainstalowany = but it is not to be installed)
Sry for double but it's important: system is Debian 4
I have 0.9.25. This problem happened today (9:00-13:30)

Host was working about one week!
Quote from misiek08 :I have 0.9.25. This problem happened today (9:00-13:30)

Host was working about one week!

Thats the problem that I used to have back when I was running Debian.

Sometimes it would error after 5 mins, sometimes after a month.
i've heard that VPS'es aren't the best for hosting servers, depending on what's running on the other slices. it might be worth trying it on a full server, and upgrading wine as far as you can go, there were a lot of changes between 0.9.xx and 1.0.x.
Quote from mystery777 :What is that UDP packet?

TCP and UDP are data packets used in communication, we are talking in this thread on a server based level.

What you are experiencing sounds like a problem on the client side (if you get the error on all servers).

LFS is most likely not the problem, more like the OS and then especially firewall software or worse; you have an overall bad connection due to router problems or a crappy Internet provider.
Quote from Krammeh :Thats the problem that I used to have back when I was running Debian.

Sometimes it would error after 5 mins, sometimes after a month.

Yes. It happens sometimes after 1h and sometimes after 3 days. What did you do?
At the time, I moved to Windows.

CentOS seems to work really well with latest WINE and LFS
ever figure out what was wrong i have the same problem
i have this problem too..
always i try to connect on server its says that. and then i restart my computer and i can connect on server and it works like 15 minutes. and then again "did not recive udp packet.."
Quote from Krammeh :At the time, I moved to Windows.

CentOS seems to work really well with latest WINE and LFS

Maybe we and devs should find problem and fix it. I can't change Debian to CentOS but I'll try because now I'm using Debian Etch (old server with much important data) and I wonna change it to Debian Lenny. Maybe it would help.
Bump!
Bump, because?

Linux/Unix isn't officially supported. Devs ain't going to fix anything, it's not related to LFS. Like I suggested before, upgrade at least Wine to a more recent version.

VPS sux anyway, get a real server
Ok. I will wrote an e-mail to devs with a pleasure for Linux Server Edition. Most games have it.

Mods: close it, please.
There are several hosts that run using WINE on Linux with no problems. Mine included.

This isn't an LFS problem - upgrade WINE, check that UDP packets are passing through unheeded, make sure all the right ports are forwarded.
Ok. On the VPS everything works good but now on CentOS. I like Debian but on Etch (4) it wasn't working. Will it work on Debian Lenny (I will update Etch to Lenny because I can't preinstall Lenny) good?
Stick with CentOS

Sorry, no answer to your question but I had to say it

(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG