The online racing simulator
Quote from AndRand :meh, its simbin, so it is nothing close to ultimate sim goal - to have effective and optimized for average PC simulation giving real life physics results. Scirocco urged this way of development.
The sim closest to that would enable next step: racing with real life ghost-cars from real life races.

have you seen this? its simbin racing so its not that realistic but the idea has been under development.

I am disappointed with LFS only because of the Sirocco. With the immanent release of the rocco in 2008 I bought S2, a new wheel and then a new computer. its 1/4 way through 2010 and still no rocco. But overall I have spent a lot of time driving in LFS and definitly got my money's worth. At this point i've drivin >50k miles and spend >800 hours in the game according to xfire. The rocco is precisely why developers don't say they are going to release something if it is not ready or almost ready. i have been a gamer and around computers for most of my life and its always disappointing.
-
(Hahmo) DELETED by Hahmo
added Mon, Dec 15th, 2008 17:30
>VW Scirocco postponed

Has it been so long?

I know about the new tyre physics problems, i'm just saying...
-
(Flame CZE) DELETED by Flame CZE
Yes.
Oh noes. Actually I start feeling that the time with Live For Speed flies unbelievably fast.
Quote from erfrag :have you seen this? its simbin racing so its not that realistic but the idea has been under development.

Because of that I would even think of it as credible. My experience from simbin's Race is rather poor so I didnt even think about looking for it there. Without a sim that has input and output data comparable with real one data it is just a bogus tweaked for output data with no real connection to input data. Therefore driving technique could be incomparable to the real one.

For now I use Race to know the tracks where WTCC is held. I will perceive RTR as another perspective for watching the races.

The good point is !Opener is a company focused on providing real-time data no matter what racing platform is used
http://www.iopenermedia.com/products/iopener-enabled.aspx
Quote from bbman :Tristan is right, you just see it from another angle: content... But the physics haven't been fully rewritten at least since LfS S2 started, maybe longer

I don't think he only had content in mind. He said "the LFS experience" which is clearly an encompassing term.

BTW I think he has a point although the post is not entirely fair or correct, as there /has/ been talk of other features/changes that may affect the LFS experience (e.g. locked setups).

However there would be no point in expecting it to turn into iRacing overnight

Quote from bbman :this update will determine if people will still follow LfS' development in the future or if they make the switch to another sim of choice complete...

If I was stuck in development hell this is probably the kind of statement I wouldn't like to hear when they start thinking like that, products get further delayed until they eventually turn into full-fledged vaporware.

But yes, Scawen's ca-ching remark sound a bit naive to people who have invested money and time in other sims that also happen to have marked lock-in effects. Oh well unless he meant it like let's give the cash cow one last squeeze...
Quote from logitekg25 :<3 LFS !!!

/spam
/thread
/spamthread
/rant
/arguements
/anticipation
/sadness

/blah :sheep:
Quote from Scawen :I hope you now have a better understanding of what I was saying. Some guys, please don't try to take the worst possible view of everything. Most people did understand!

Fantastic to hear an update Scawen, take your time, that game is awesome. But please, when you get time, chip in the odd few lines of an update and don't give a tinkers cuss about the rumors and reactions, small progress information for most people is very valuable and keeps the fire alive.
#984 - Woz
Stop the bitching... When I burnt out on LFS I switched to other games like TF2, L4D(1 and 2) and Batman Arkham. I just watch the forums for news.

When the patch comes out I will dig out my G25 again but until then it collects dust while I enjoy other experiences.

LFS will pick up again after the patch but people do reach burn out on any game/sim when there is slow change, human nature.

Just chill and enjoy life
Quote from Woz :Stop the bitching...

LFSForum Lotto time again?

C'mon Woz you're not the typical 12 yo LFS noob that can't tell a manual transmission from a sequential w/o cut-off. I would expect something more mature from you than just some stale preaching.

Instead of pontificating on the meaning of 'enjoying life' (=playing FPS games?!) and 'burning out' - why don't you check out other racing sims? Scawen himself has suggested that. And figure out the difference between 'bitching' and expressing informed opinions?
You're both arguing the same thing.
#987 - Woz
Quote from NightShift :LFSForum Lotto time again?

C'mon Woz you're not the typical 12 yo LFS noob that can't tell a manual transmission from a sequential w/o cut-off. I would expect something more mature from you than just some stale preaching.

Instead of pontificating on the meaning of 'enjoying life' (=playing FPS games?!) and 'burning out' - why don't you check out other racing sims? Scawen himself has suggested that. And figure out the difference between 'bitching' and expressing informed opinions?

lol, I did not say that playing FPS meant enjoying life.

Just meant that a change is as good as a rest. I prob would enjoy other race sims but as the only one worth a look at requires you to bend over and lube your arse while they rape you of cash so I went back to FPS games

And yes I mean iRacing with its pay monthly and also pay for content model I would accept monthly fee or content fee but both is just wrong but that argument is for another thread lol.
I see where you're coming from, but I am myself a straightforward person when it comes to simracing: when I want to drive, I want to do just that and not something else. So eventually came iRacing's turn as well: I was out of choices, either bite the bullet or try Ludovico's cure
Just one thing id like to ask, why hasnt this been closed..all i can see is moaning and bitching about this, Its going to be done when its done end of - so why the need to carry on moaning. Then when the time comes it can either A- Be reopened for news or B- A lesson to all in a few years how childish you all sound moaning.
Quote from So_VipeR_oS :Just one thing id like to ask, why hasnt this been closed..all i can see is moaning and bitching about this, Its going to be done when its done end of - so why the need to carry on moaning. Then when the time comes it can either A- Be reopened for news or B- A lesson to all in a few years how childish you all sound moaning.

The mods have left this thread open as somewhere for people to bitch and moan, and for others to bitch and moan about the bitching and moaning, so that at least it's all in one place.

A sad but practical solution.
Quote from farcar :The mods have left this thread open as somewhere for people to bitch and moan, and for others to bitch and moan about the bitching and moaning, so that at least it's all in one place.

A sad but practical solution.

Ah never thought of that, ah well carry on then lol
-
(Macfox) DELETED by Macfox
Quote from So_VipeR_oS :Just one thing id like to ask, why hasnt this been closed..all i can see is moaning and bitching about this, Its going to be done when its done end of - so why the need to carry on moaning. Then when the time comes it can either A- Be reopened for news or B- A lesson to all in a few years how childish you all sound moaning.

C- Learn about irony. Moaning about moaning! illepall
Quote from Macfox :C- Learn about irony. Moaning about moaning! illepall

Not moaning pal, i was only asking. Theres a difference.
Lets just wait
Dear friends of LFS,

Please, lets all just wait, race, drink, and have fun. The more we are going to bitch about the new updates and when they should have been released. The more time it will take ( in your mind ) before they are acctually here.

I dont complain, tyre pysh. would be wicked! new setups, new WR's.
For the VW Rocco, i dont really know, could be great, could be dissapointing.

Anyways, lets all enjoy what the game still has to offer.

Greetings,
Kjeld "De viltstift" Langeveld
Peacemaker hu?

Either way, I think both parts are out of arguments now. The critics have told their opinion, the supporters their opinion, and I think it will be impossible to get everyone agree'ing with eachothers.

So, let's just get too drunk to ****ing care, that's what I do It's done when it's done, slow as ass indeed, but nothing we can do about it. (there, neutral statement 'aye?).
Quote from The Very End :Peacemaker hu?

*snip*

So, let's just get too drunk to ****ing care, that's what I do It's done when it's done, slow as ass indeed, but nothing we can do about it. (there, neutral statement 'aye?).

AYE MATEY, this beer I will drink for the sake of LFS!
Work on it Scawen, but do it please! An advice, do not announce a patch or anything, that's the mistake, if it can be delayed, that's what happened with Scirocco, now everyone jokes with "early 2009" (I admit it can be a bit funny sometimes) and don't stop asking for it. Work on it, and if you see that it can't fail and have a delay, announce it. While you develop something, in this case the new physics, release small updates, but don't announce some "big" that can be delayed. If people don't know that there's something great developing, they will not ask, and you will make happy everyone with a cool surprise .

That's what I think, my opinion. By the way, I'm not bored of LFS, I'm waiting for news but while they come, I play LFS and try something new, play other games, get out of home and meet new people... so if you say you are on it, I believe you, but don't fail us , it's the best sim that I have ever seen, even better than rFactor... .

Greetings.
This thread is mis-labeled. A "tyre physics progress report" thread should only have 1 post in it. This thread should be "rant while we're waiting thread".
Quote from Scawen :
....There's really nothing to report, that's why we don't report anything....

Says all to me Nothing to report=nothing done so far

@ University i had a professor who said: programmers are the worst managers . And that's true
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG