The online racing simulator
home made wheel (pics inside) updated 6/15/10
this is my home made wheel .
Attached images
wheel1.jpg
wheel2.jpg
wheel3.jpg
it was taken with a blackjack. cant find my camera
From the little I can see, it looks impressive.
Quote from shaun463 :From the little I can see, it looks impressive.

+1 But try searching for your camera.
And how much did you payed for everything you needed? How much time you needed? I'm really interesting in that little wheelie. And I almost forgot, what's max turn angle?
right now its at 360 but im going to gear it down to about 720 . so far im at $0.00 because the bearings i had laying around, the wheel is the old wheel from my mustang , and just random bits and pieces i had laying around.
Nice. Does it have FFB ? Are you planning to add it ? You could use the PCB and FFB of a Logitech/Fanatec/Thrustmaster wheel use their drivers so u don't have to do it yourself.

Are you also going to make Pedals and a Shifter ?
why stop at 720, you can probably go all the way to 900, or even 1020 if your feeling ambitious
ya i ended up miss calculating on my gearing and now i have 2 3/4 turns each direction :smash:
Quote from smokenyall :ya i ended up miss calculating on my gearing and now i have 2 3/4 turns each direction :smash:

That should be 1980°?
#10 - PoVo
Quote from matijapkc :That should be 1980°?

Thats like steering a boat!

Anyways, nice wheel, hope you can find your camera, also a video of it in action would be cool!
Quote from smokenyall :ya i ended up miss calculating on my gearing and now i have 2 3/4 turns each direction :smash:

LoL ur cool man ^^. Keep working on this piece of hardware and find your cam !
there are a few cars like that arent there?

one thing i have to question, is how exactly are you going to restrict the steering lock if you are, oh idk maybe racing a formula car
Wheel turn compensation?
umm, no its more like....if you feel like playing some random game that is best played with like 180 degrees of rotation.

how the heck will that work out?
i redid my calculations and its 2.5 turns each direction...... 1800 thts twice of what i wanted. time to redo my gearing lol
try to change it so it will go 1¼ turns each direction(900)

oh and go buy S2 buy S2 buy S2 buy S2 buy S2 buy S2 buy S2 buy S2 buy S2
Quote from nikopdr :go buy S2 buy S2 buy S2 buy S2 buy S2 buy S2 buy S2 buy S2 buy S2

Why he would do that? Maybe he has no money.
Quote from matijapkc :Why he would do that? Maybe he has no money.

Anyone with an LFS demo compatible computer and internet connection can afford an S2 licence.
Quote from morpha :Anyone with an LFS demo compatible computer and internet connection can afford an S2 licence.

Yeah even me xD
Quote from EmroMW :Yeah even me xD

There are around 50-60k other ''Yeah even me xD'' licence owners out there.

*e-ego raising,cha-ching*,lol.

As for the topic,nice wheel. Get a PCB board from a G25 if you find it difficult to make one yourself.
Quote from hp999 :There are around 50-60k other ''Yeah even me xD'' licence owners out there.

To be honest those 26€ I spent for LfS, were one of the best investments i've ever done. 26€ isn't much, is it ?

And no, I'm not poor. I'm a proud Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo wheel owner ^^.
Quote from EmroMW :To be honest those 26€ I spent for LfS, were one of the best investments i've ever done. 26€ isn't much, is it ?

And no, I'm not poor. I'm a proud Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo wheel owner ^^.

just because you own the 911 turbo wheel which i think im right in saying is the cheapest fanatec wheel doesnt make you well off. i have the fanatec 911 gt3 rs and was considering buying the fanatec rennsport cockpit but i didnt want my dad spending £1k on a seat its ridiculous. so im not well off im more poor than anything
I'm not poor. To be honest I live with my parents but that's normal for a teenager. My family has enough money and we always have enough to eat. There are so many people which doesn't know if they will have enough food for the next day. I know that I will have something to eat for the next 2 months. I'm neither poor nor rich. I'm just a person with the average amount of money (when I say average i mean the amount of money the average austrian has).

And no the Fanatec Turbo isn't the cheapest Fanatec wheel. The cheapest is the GT3RS wheel. If you want a Turbo you have to buy it with the shifter and the pedals but you can buy the GT3RS for less money without pedals and a shifter. That's why the GT3RS is the cheapest Fanatec wheel.
but the gt3 rs with the clubsports?
Quote from brt900 :but the gt3 rs with the clubsports?

You said (wrote) wheel not wheel/pedal set or something like that ^^.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG