The online racing simulator
Well, people that don't know anything about developing a game are moaning. I don't know anything about such things but im just not talking about it for now, Let the experianced guys moan about it. They atleast understand something about it.
Thanks for the info Scawen. I hope to see a new patch in early 2009
Well, I guess I'd probably be burnt out and unmotivated if I was working every day on the same project for this many years too. It all makes sense now!

That was easily the most ominous post Scawen's ever made.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Thanks for the info Scawen. I hope to see a new patch in early 2009

Do you have to ruin the feeling that something is coming to everyone?
If you don't like slow progress, listen Scawen's advice, play another game...
I played lots of games from early 2009 till now...
Man, don't take it so seriously. It's called a joke.
Bad joke? But Scawen said early 2009!
Quote from Scawen : We've done a load of work that we want to release...

You've been saying this for years and for years you can't go into any details. Still no cockpits. I really start to doubt that we will ever see it happen that these things will be released to the public.
Quote from Micha :You've been saying this for years and for years you can't go into any details. Still no cockpits. I really start to doubt that we will ever see it happen that these things will be released to the public.

Hope dies last...
Thanks Scawen!

Anyway, hopefuly kids got what they wanted for at least some time, becouse i can see "we wanttttzzz progrez rep0rtz" threads coming on soon again, anyway.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :That was easily the most ominous post Scawen's ever made.

Quote from me in ref to morning post :i know they've always had that play, wait or leave attitude, but this post makes me sad

to be honest, a couple days ago i drove for the first time in over a month

i want to race more, but their motivation trumps mine somehow

yeah. i know they're working on it, but repeated setbacks just kill me.
Quote from Scawen :well I guess that means there must be a whole lot of sims out there that have overtaken LFS in nearly every way. If so, you can use them for a while

Anything worth looking into? I'm serious. As much as I love LFS, I want to spend some time away from it...so that when the new updates come out I can appreciate them all the more.
I do not know if someone has already said ... but I wonder if they have not been able to fix the bug in contacts between cars, because of physical change tires?
What is the utility of the new physics, if a minimum contact between two cars makes me fly away?
[my two cents]

scawen i think you should take all the time you need....i know that you have a life, and bills to pay, and in the end you are just like all of us. I know you will not let lfs die, so please take a breat when you need, and get all the rest you need....the more you rest the better you will be able to think...a wise man once said, "the wise woods-man stops to sharpen his axe" or something along those lines

and because there is nothing but useless debate now in this thread, we might as well close it please

[/my two cents]
Quote from lysergic :I do not know if someone has already said ... but I wonder if they have not been able to fix the bug in contacts between cars, because of physical change tires?
What is the utility of the new physics, if a minimum contact between two cars makes me fly away?

That's not the aspect of tyre physics but the LFS core engine rate (frequency). Simply, now it's quite low to make theese kinds of impacts more realistic.
Scawen, keep up the good work.
Quote from logitekg25 :
and because there is nothing but useless debate now in this thread, we might as well close it please

A very wise suggestion
Quote from bw_krupp :Anything worth looking into? I'm serious. As much as I love LFS, I want to spend some time away from it...so that when the new updates come out I can appreciate them all the more.

Its called iRacing www.iracing.com . Lots of LFS guys has gone to iRacing, and the greatest simracer of all time, Greger Huttu is there aswell + lots of in real life drivers, like Dale Earnhardt Jr, Justin Wilson, AJ Allemendinger, Alex Gurney +++
Quote from Scawen :well I guess that means there must be a whole lot of sims out there that have overtaken LFS in nearly every way. If so, you can use them for a while...

But the problem is, I can't AFFORD to do that
Well then ultimately, like most things in this world, you get what you pay for.
Quote from Tomhah :Greger Huttu is there aswel

No one has a chance then.

iRacing is frustrating, I'd love to try it but I'm not renting the bloody thing, especially seeing as it appears to be a bit rough around the edges still.
lol i actually thought an update would reassure me that things are on track but this has just made it worse, even the devs are bored with it.
Quote from Scawen :

Anyway, we have not died and we are not sipping cocktails on a tropical beach. Actually we are working on LFS. I'm developing the physics, Victor is keep things running, Eric is working on things too. We've done a load of work that we want to release, partly for the excitement of it, but we also have mortgages and other bills to pay and the releases will increase sales, so financially it would also be a great idea to get it out there!

Nothing else I can do do really, I'm just trying to get my current LFS projects finished and released. Threats of people "leaving" LFS, predictions of impending doom and so on don't really make any difference. I'm not about to release unfinished stuff and I will still get plently of sleep and relaxation time, and look after the other things I need to look after and develop LFS physics in whatever time it takes. Then we'll get there in the end and we'll send a notification email when the patch is ready, so you can all have a go on an improved LFS with more content.

It's great to hear from Scawen and get an clear picture of the situation.

Reading between the lines, I get the impression you don't want to release any new intermediate content, for fear of reducing the significance of the next update. That's understandable.

What I don't understand is why this policy continues, with respect to history. Several good (road) tracks (within the existing model) could have emerged in this time. Why not release a paid content update, while dev continues on more diffcult updates.

This would satisfy your financial needs and the communities needs.
guys, all we have to do, is just search for places to mention LFS, like if someone comments on a youtube video whats the best racing game, reply LFS, if your friends are bored at home, LFS, if somebody wants to train for their drivers license and figure out what a car does under cirtain circumstances, LFS.

i look for places to advertise lfs
Thanks for the post Scawen.
One simple post from a dev in this section is refreshing!
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG