The online racing simulator
Kyoto Ring Nascar Pack
(26 posts, started )
#1 - Pox3d
Kyoto Ring Nascar Pack

Hey guys, made this not too long ago for personal use, this'll be my second track release.

This is my Nascar pack for Kyoto ring, just a few DDS edits, which include grass and road textures.

I have created an installer to simplify changing the dds files, the 1st installer is the new Kyoto ring textures and in the 2nd installer I have the original Kyoto ring textures, just save these installers to your desktop, click, install and away you go.

I'm interested in having a look at these, I'm not so interested in downloading a self extracting .exe

No offence. Any chance you can upload the dds files in a zip/rar.

I already have modified files and I'd rather know which files are changed so I can put back my current modifications if necessary. I assume if I use your restore it will pull back the default files which I currently don't use anyway.
#3 - Pox3d
lol I just noticed you're up the road, Cheers fellow Cambridgeshire person
i like it
Niiice, downloaded and using. Really refreshing look.
#7 - Pox3d
Glad you guys like it.
Quote from EliteAti :Niiice, downloaded and using. Really refreshing look.

+1, Brightens up the old dark Kyoto Ring.
For somebody that spends a lot of time on the oval, I have to say my favourite part of these files is the wall/arnco. The drab old grey concrete was pretty gloomy. Nice job.
I honestly find the grass to bright, and the asphalt too "new", but not bad nonetheless.
select the ky3 track and then u see how mutch the track textures missing out.. sadly.. :/
Thats why it called NASCAR park
#13 - Zay
Nice job man. I am definately going to use this(if I can figure out how)
#14 - 65D
This addon looks like golf stadium but still it's nice. I like it. Good job.

But this addon could be better with some better grass texture. Try some else and I suggest new tarmac, curb and grass textures for example all tracks. That would be really awesome. Keep going ...

Quote from Nicce :select the ky3 track and then u see how mutch the track textures missing out.. sadly.. :/

I didnt miss any textures ...
Thanks for the feedback guys, it's always welcomed. Yeah "Nascar pack" this is only for Kyoto ring, hence why I made a revert pack with original dds files. The idea was, let's say you have a big oval race one day? this pack here is to just brighten the oval up for that race or when ever you want to spend some time on Kyoto ring. That's why I made the exe, so it took 2 seconds of your time to change them over.

I'm going to take some time out today and play around with a few files, try out some differen't texture and possible rework all of Kyoto and not the just the oval.

And to Zippy, bright and new was the idea, it gets a little depressing after so many laps on the original Kyoto, very drab, warn and gloomy. ^^
#16 - 65D
Quote from Pox3d :
I'm going to take some time out today and play around with a few files, try out some differen't texture and possible rework all of Kyoto and not the just the oval.

If you can do good work like this, I wish you're able to make similar addons for another tracks. Would be awesome to get good grass and asphalt texture examp. for Fern Bay.

Quote from 65D :If you can do good work like this, I wish you're able to make similar addons for another tracks. Would be awesome to get good grass and asphalt texture examp. for Fern Bay.

Hint hint. :P
Well, this looks like Crash Team racing....
#19 - Zay
Hello people, I cannot seem to get this working. I have saved it to my desktop, and installed it, but is there anything else I have to do?? I just cant figure it out
Thanks,
zay
#20 - Zay
Anyone
Read post 3 and extract to the dds folder I assume.
#22 - Zay
Hmm, sorry for big bump, but Ive got everything workin except the ADS3and ADS2 files, they are still the originals. I used the download in post 3 and changed them into dds files, as they were JPG before, but it is dtill not working. Could anyone just post those two files here?
Thanks,
zay
they are pictures, not dds files. put them in /data/pic/
#24 - Zay
:banghead::o:doh:
Wow, epic fail over here
Lol, atleast now I have it working,
thanks
It's too bad the GTR cars can't reach 200+ and Kyoto Ring isn't a 2.5 mile track. If it was we could have the Daytona 500. I used to live in Florida so I've been to the 500 once and the Gatorade Duel about 5 or 6 times.

Kyoto Ring Nascar Pack
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG