The online racing simulator
Quote from DeadWolfBones :So Brad gets bitched out for not backing off for Carl, but Carl doesn't get any shit for chopping down when another car is already there? Hmm...

carl knew he probably wasnt clear his spotter probably never said it yet he still moved down ASSUMING the other person would back off.

in this case the person never backed off and carl went into the wall. his own fault..

im with you DWB. all edwards fault
It was on a restart, maybe his spotter missed the call, who knows.

All I know is why does it seem Brad is in that situation over and over again, but other driver's don't seem to be? Because some of them know when to back out of it and just let the guy in.

I agree that if you just look at this one situation, I would say Carl was wrong, he obviously cut across his nose. But like I said, Brad is constantly doing the exact same thing to other drivers too, when I look at the big picture, I have to say Brad needs to get his act together.
In the case of Talladega, the right thing was NOT to back out and let a guy in. Unless the right thing was to let somebody else win. If someone is cutting across your line, you shouldn't back out to keep the guy from wrecking himself.

Everyone worships Dale Sr. because he never gave an inch to anyone. But if a pimple-faced kid drives like that he's a menace. Give Keslowski some zit cream and a soup-strainer mustache, you'd start seeing #12 stickers on the back of pickup trucks.
talledegas a diff story... the last race there the guy got DQ coz stewart pushed him down under double yellow line.

carl tried to do same but brad never moved coz he knew his ass would get dq'd so he stayed where he was ment to be and thats why carl flipped upside down.

this case was just pure retaliation 150 laps down pissed that he fked himself up decided to take it out on brad coz brads the one who edwrads tried to cut up mid corner
Pretty good article here: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.c ... edwards.keselowski.crash/

I also find it really amusing that Carl Long got suspended last season for 12 races(!) for his engine being .17 cubic inches above the legal limit--at the All-Star race! not even a points race!--and Carl Edwards gets a three-race "probation" for deliberately wrecking someone (and potentially endangering fans) when he was 150+ laps down. Total bullshit.
yea.. now brad will probably do smth stupid... spin edwards while edwards stuck at top of the track brad will come flying round smash into his car start laughing and get probation for 3 races xD
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Pretty good article here: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.c ... edwards.keselowski.crash/

I also find it really amusing that Carl Long got suspended last season for 12 races(!) for his engine being .17 cubic inches above the legal limit--at the All-Star race! not even a points race!--and Carl Edwards gets a three-race "probation" for deliberately wrecking someone (and potentially endangering fans) when he was 150+ laps down. Total bullshit.

NASCAR is now officially retarded. Good luck with your demo derby NASCAR...
I also find it funny that LFS leagues are a lot harsher about this kind of thing than NASCAR is. I recall in one LOTA race one of CoRe's drivers did a revenge wreck on someone at the end of the long Blackwood straight. He was immediately dismissed from the team and banned from LOTA.

On the one hand, we give harsher penalties when no one's life is even in danger; on the other, no one's salary depends on it either. Guess which one speaks more loudly, safety or money?
Quote from UncleBenny :What Brad does wrong is he constantly does not give anyone space. He gets one inch of overlap going into a corner and he WILL NOT back out of it no matter what. ..

Maybe Brad learned to race in LFS.

Seriously though, Brad and his brother both raced years ago in the Main Event Racing series, which uses 600+ hp 2700 lb. late models on 3/8 to 5/8 mile tracks, against some pretty tough competiton. Racing against guys like Rich Roher and Gary Whipkey can either scare the shit outta you or make you a hard-nosed competitor fighting for your place and respect, so you end up carrying that behavior with you for a long time...

As a matter of fact, i think you can browse some old pics at www.maineventracingseries.com . i used to crew chief a late model on 2006/2007 in that series. Bad-ass cars.
brad did nothing wrong in atlanta, if he moved any higher he would of hit the wall.
Brad's a punk. Punk's get put in their place, and he did. He's just like Kyle Busch. He pushes people out of the way all day long, and that's just fine, but if someone does it to him, he's up in arms and angry. You gotta be able to take it to give it, and Brad learned that.

It's not demo derby NASCAR, it's real racing. Real drivers are back, not fake people just wearing logos with NASCAR holding their leash. NASCAR stuck to their guns, and I'm proud of them for it. For years I've begged NASCAR to stick to their promises and not go back on what they say. They said this year, the drivers handle their own business, and that's what they're doing. I, for one, have been wanting this for years, and think they handled the situation perfectly.

Now all we need to do is get rid of the stupid chase, and NASCAR is perfect.
I don't get what they mean by "probation". I read on NASCAR.com that he will still be racing? I'm confuzzled.
Basically they are just watching him close. If he screws up again, they'll park him.
Quote from Falcon140 :Basically they are just watching him close. If he screws up again, they'll park him.

Ah, thanks.
Quote from Falcon140 :Brad's a punk. Punk's get put in their place, and he did. He's just like Kyle Busch. He pushes people out of the way all day long, and that's just fine, but if someone does it to him, he's up in arms and angry. You gotta be able to take it to give it, and Brad learned that.

It's not demo derby NASCAR, it's real racing. Real drivers are back, not fake people just wearing logos with NASCAR holding their leash. NASCAR stuck to their guns, and I'm proud of them for it. For years I've begged NASCAR to stick to their promises and not go back on what they say. They said this year, the drivers handle their own business, and that's what they're doing. I, for one, have been wanting this for years, and think they handled the situation perfectly.

There's a very very big difference between keeping the drivers on a leash and having some set of consequences.

NASCAR "forbidding bumpdrafting" is doing too much. But NASCAR punishing intentional wrecking is hardly "putting the drivers on a leash". Standards is what makes professional racing different (and more respectable) than illegal street racing. Without standards, it's just a bunch of guys trying to prove that they have a bigger dick than the other competitors. Nevermind safety, this kind of thing is just farcical and it would just turn into a reality tv show... Is this how a supposedly world class series is suppose to conduct itself?

I mean...you dont need to turn NASCAR into FIA...but completely getting rid of standards is the absolute extreme reaction to FIA and F1.

Carl Long was suspended for half a season for having the engine slightly too high. Carl Edwards takes out another competitor and he gets a "probation"? Does that even sound remotely fair?

What happens when someone takes someone innocent out? (which happened with Scott Speed in ARCA btw...). What happens when a driver "fakes" anger and "pretends to be wronged" just to take out another close competitor? In F1 Senna would sometime just ram into Prost just to keep Prost from scoring more points than him.

This is true racing? The day this becomes "true" racing is the day that racing will die. We're talking about a supposedly world class...FAIR...sporting series. Not WWE.
If they punish Carl, they should punish Brad too. Plain and simple. He's wrecked so many people intentionally without punishment or retaliation. Carl showed him that he can't push people around without getting pushed back.
Quote from Falcon140 :If they punish Carl, they should punish Brad too. Plain and simple. He's wrecked so many people intentionally without punishment or retaliation. Carl showed him that he can't push people around without getting pushed back.

I've always felt they should have punished Brad. They dont necessarily need to revoke his license as if they were FIA. But something consequential.

I'm happy NASCAR's getting rid of the wing, I'm happy that NASCAR's allowing bumpdrafting again, I'm not happy with NASCAR continuing this chain of intentional wrecking. It is my only complaint of NASCAR now and they are diving deeper and deeper into it.

Eventually you'll have 20 intentional wrecks each race then it's not a matter of who has better racecraft...it's just a matter of who doesn't get involved in avoidable accidents.
I doubt it will come to that. The guys have their sponsors, fans, and owners to answer to as well. A few retaliation wrecks here and there are fine as long as nobody is hurt in the process, in my opinion.
Quote from Falcon140 :Brad's a punk. Punk's get put in their place, and he did. He's just like Kyle Busch. He pushes people out of the way all day long, and that's just fine, but if someone does it to him, he's up in arms and angry. You gotta be able to take it to give it, and Brad learned that.

I'm sure you'll be loving it when someone gets killed because of this stupid shit, too?
p.s., where has Keselowski intentionally wrecked anyone? got any references? (not being snarky here, I genuinely haven't been following him too closely.)
Quote from DeadWolfBones :p.s., where has Keselowski intentionally wrecked anyone? got any references? (not being snarky here, I genuinely haven't been following him too closely.)

IMO, Brad's "wrecking people" is just Denny Hamlin's excuse for being a little bitch.
Quote from z-ro 8 :Maybe Brad learned to race in LFS.

Seriously though, Brad and his brother both raced years ago in the Main Event Racing series, which uses 600+ hp 2700 lb. late models on 3/8 to 5/8 mile tracks, against some pretty tough competiton. Racing against guys like Rich Roher and Gary Whipkey can either scare the shit outta you or make you a hard-nosed competitor fighting for your place and respect, so you end up carrying that behavior with you for a long time...

As a matter of fact, i think you can browse some old pics at www.maineventracingseries.com . i used to crew chief a late model on 2006/2007 in that series. Bad-ass cars.

OT:

I grew up going to Barberton Speedway (an awful track in retrospect) most Saturday nights. I remember Gary Whipkey from back then (25+ years ago :schwitz and I've seen him race with the MERS at Columbus Speedway in the last few years. Could it be the same guy?
Jeff Burton sums up my opinion on Brad Keselowski perfectly:
Quote :Burton said that while Keselowski is learning the hard way to respect other competitors, no one is asking him not to be aggressive.

“I don’t think he’s doing a good job of stepping back, learning from the situation and figuring out how to do it better versus having his feet dug in the sand saying, ‘This is how I’m always going to do it.’ … Brad needs to find a way to mend some fences,” Burton said. “But he also needs to stay aggressive.

“He needs to stay in the mindset that [he’s] there to win. It’s a balancing act. He needs to tip a little more to the conservative side to find that balance because he’s found the limit.”

Keselowski’s reputation now will make drivers believe that he is being too aggressive or disrespectful even when he’s not, Burton said.

“Brad’s got to learn that he doesn’t have to prove to the world that he is a tough guy,” Burton said. “He’s made the decision that he’s not going to cut anybody any slack. He’s made the decision that he’s going to race aggressively all the time. Those are the decisions he’s made and he’s going to have to live with the consequences of that.

“There’s nothing wrong with giving a little bit. And there’s nothing wrong with taking a little bit. But if you’re going to only take, then you’re going to come out on the short end of the stick more times than not.”

http://www.scenedaily.com/news ... e_NASCAR_drivers_say.html
Quote from Danke :OT:

I grew up going to Barberton Speedway (an awful track in retrospect) most Saturday nights. I remember Gary Whipkey from back then (25+ years ago :schwitz and I've seen him race with the MERS at Columbus Speedway in the last few years. Could it be the same guy?

It is the same guy, and yes Barberton is awful. Coming out of turn 2 going uphill is stupid. But the funniest thing i've ever seen at a race track was painted on the side of a giant tire in turn 3. It said, "Stop, turn, go". Which is essentially the best way to get around that place....lol.

2010 NASCAR Talk
(735 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG