The online racing simulator
™DB =WOLF=[NO] Onboard cam(external)
(7 posts, started )
Unsure if this is the correct place for this, but it is me driving with G25(modified) in Live For Speed.
Made it to show wheelwork while drifting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pVue085X7Q

Not that good resolution, but should be watchable
Wow you are great at drifting. I very much like your setup!
Your seating position is completely wrong, that seat would offer decent lumbar support and you don't use it at all. Imagine a 4 or 6 point harness, you'd be bolted to that seat like you should be. What's more you're restricting your own movement by sitting too close to the wheel, but that would probably be sorted just by sitting in the seat and not just on it like you do in the video.

When shifting, grab the knob, don't throw the stick vaguely into the right direction. The G25 shifter may be delicate, but it can take proper shifting just fine. You're not doing yourself a favor handling it differently than a real car just because it's so light and a short throw.

As for the drifting; Considering the steering lock mod was used, it was rather poor. The angles you pulled can be achieved with 36° just as well.

It's nice allowing people to see your actual driving, but when you prefix it with "How Live for Speed should be played", you better make it a bloody awesome performance. This didn't qualify in my opinion.
I'm not trying to provoke an argument, I'm just voicing my honest opinion
wow lot of G force on you there. you should wear seatbelts
Quote from morpha :Your seating position is completely wrong, that seat would offer decent lumbar support and you don't use it at all. Imagine a 4 or 6 point harness, you'd be bolted to that seat like you should be. What's more you're restricting your own movement by sitting too close to the wheel, but that would probably be sorted just by sitting in the seat and not just on it like you do in the video.

When shifting, grab the knob, don't throw the stick vaguely into the right direction. The G25 shifter may be delicate, but it can take proper shifting just fine. You're not doing yourself a favor handling it differently than a real car just because it's so light and a short throw.

As for the drifting; Considering the steering lock mod was used, it was rather poor. The angles you pulled can be achieved with 36° just as well.

It's nice allowing people to see your actual driving, but when you prefix it with "How Live for Speed should be played", you better make it a bloody awesome performance. This didn't qualify in my opinion.
I'm not trying to provoke an argument, I'm just voicing my honest opinion

You realy think I should strap my self in a harness?

Main reason I lean forward, is to accualy see where I'm going(crap monitor)

Reason I'm close to wheel, is placement of pedals(ned to figure something out)

My shifting: find me a thread for modding it, so it is more like irl, and I will modify it.
The way I shift is just a bad habit I guess. resistance will prevent it.

My drifting:
I know those angles is doable in 36 degree lock, but I drive for fun, and I never said I was that good either...

How lfs should be played:
It accualy states "SIDEWAYS" in big letters, not "INSANE AWSOME DRIFT PERFECTION", so I accualy am bold enough to say it accualy was sideways :P

Why does ppl think there will be a argument from stating a opinion?

Thank you for your input

Quote from e2mustang :wow lot of G force on you there. you should wear seatbelts

If you refer to my "leaning", I guess it's a weird habit, buy me a "force dynamics 301" rig, and I will buckle up
Quote from =Wolf=[NO] :You realy think I should strap my self in a harness?

No that would just be inconvenient and utterly pointless since you're not actually moving, but you should sit in your seat as if you were strapped in

Quote from =Wolf=[NO] :Why does ppl think there will be a argument from stating a opinion?

Because it often does.
Hopefully 3x monitors + adjustment of pedal placement will help my sitting position

Time will tell :P

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG