The online racing simulator
Future Formula 1 Anime
(13 posts, started )
Future Formula 1 Anime
Has anybody ever watched this anime?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDtJfNnZm84

I just recently found out about it and it seems like a motorsports anime that's not about drifting for once. It seems kinda good. Is it worth tracking down?

PS There's 4 spinoff/sequel series on this plus 10 video games ....WHY DIDNT I KNOW ABOUT THIS!!! lol
I've seen it.

IIRC in 1 of the OVA sequels he starts to drift the car.

I haven't bothered watching all of the 3rd OVA, the subs are really bad.
#3 - JJ72
Cyber formula was very big when I was a kid, there's a schumacher tribute character in it too! It went crazy apeshit with drifting and brain controlling cars in the later part but still a very cool anime, don't expect realism though, it features talking onboard computers, turbo boosters and cars doing 600+kph.
Quote from JJ72 :Cyber formula was very big when I was a kid, there's a schumacher tribute character in it too! It went crazy apeshit with drifting and brain controlling cars in the later part but still a very cool anime, don't expect realism though, it features talking onboard computers, turbo boosters and cars doing 600+kph.

I guess I can stand a bit of drift. I kinda wondered about the writing...oh well, I guess I'll check out Cyber formula. Not like there any other professional racing anime anyways and IGPX doesnt count
Quote from lizardfolk :I guess I can stand a bit of drift. I kinda wondered about the writing...oh well, I guess I'll check out Cyber formula. Not like there any other professional racing anime anyways and IGPX doesnt count

This looks like something that would be a bit interesting...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ÉX-Driver

Theres a few episodes of it on YouTube but haven't checked them myself... Says it contains a bit of racing though
#6 - JJ72
Quote from lizardfolk :I guess I can stand a bit of drift. I kinda wondered about the writing...oh well, I guess I'll check out Cyber formula. Not like there any other professional racing anime anyways and IGPX doesnt count

google an anime called "capeta", it's about a very poor 8 year old trying to become a racing driver, a lot of the story is about karting and it was reality based. The ending isn't so good because the series is basically cut off due to licensing issues, but it is a rare racing anime with research and substance.
Quote from lizardfolk :I just recently found out about it and it seems like a motorsports anime that's not about drifting for once.

Not entirely correct.
Wangan Midnight, is a 26 episode series, about street racers, with no drifting involved. It's quite good up until the mid of the season, where the racing is not the main focus, but the people and the sacrifices they make to be the fastest one on Wangan Sen (a Yokohama to Ichikawa expressway). After the mid of the season the series are above average, and I'd say it's worth a watch.

Never heard of that future formula 1 anime though.
Quote from squidhead :Not entirely correct.
Wangan Midnight, is a 26 episode series, about street racers, with no drifting involved. It's quite good up until the mid of the season, where the racing is not the main focus, but the people and the sacrifices they make to be the fastest one on Wangan Sen (a Yokohama to Ichikawa expressway). After the mid of the season the series are above average, and I'd say it's worth a watch.

Never heard of that future formula 1 anime though.

I dont like anything street racing related. So that's also a no for me
Formula 1 still exists in Cyber Formula anime universe, but it's not at the top of the motor sports world.

All this talk of it is making me want to watch it again.
#12 - senn
Cheers for the tips, i'll have to try to obtain some of these series. I've only recently finished reading the small bit of Over Rev Manga that has been converted to english, pretty enjoyable little series when you have a couple boring afternoons to fill Shame the whole run hasn't been translated tho.
Try Capeta. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capeta

"The series consists of three separate arcs. The first is of Capeta in his first experiences with kart racing. The next is Capeta a few years later having to deal with mounting monetary issues. The third is Capeta trying to realize his dream of beating his rival and becoming a professional racer."

Future Formula 1 Anime
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG