The online racing simulator
My First Car!
(25 posts, started )
My First Car!
So guys!
I'm really happy right now, 'cause my lovely dad bought me my first car, celebrating that I got into college. (Well we actually paid it half each)
It's a Suzuki Swift 1.5 VVT, I heard it's quite nice.
But I wanted to ask you, what would you do to it? First thing I want to do is to level the three pedals at the same height, for the sake of Heel&Toe, any ideas on that?
Also heard that the suspension is not that great... I think I'd change that.

What do you say?
Wow!
I think you'll regret putting any money into a suzuki as far as performance goes. Thats not to say it isnt a perfect car for a college student, though.
Quote from Racer556 :Suzuki Swift 1.5 ... Heel&Toe

wut

I'm sorry, I thought you said you wanted to heel&toe in a Swift.
loooool heel and toe in her

That would upset poor Sharky
yup, I want to.
Not espectacular fast, but not slow...
Quote from boothy :loooool heel and toe in her

That would upset poor Sharky

Well played Mr Booth!
they call that the speed limit, friend

well its your car, do what you want although you could wait a few years once you're through college and get a car worth upgrading.

what do your friends think of your planned modifications?
Actually a friend of mine recommended me to change the springs...
There are not many circuits here in chile, he's one of those gifted with living beside the best track down here, so he gets to test different kinds of cars on it. So I kinda belive him. Still, I'm not going to rush for it, I mean, I'm getting it tomorrow afternoon.

The only thing I really want is that pedal mod, not because I'm going to race on it, but to get used to heel&toe'ing.

It's not like I was getting a racecar as a first car...

(PD: They liked my car on 5th Gear )
I think everyone goes through this phase. Don't bother with any major modifications. It'll be unnecessarily expensive, ruin the resale value, and probably won't have any noticable difference anyway.

It's your first, cheap car and no matter how much you love it to peices, it's still a turd and as such no attempt should be made to polish it. If you absolutely have to buy extra things for it, go for cheap, minor cosmetic modifications.
#11 - Jakg
Do what you want, it's your car.

Logic says save for something better but I regret nothing I did to my car...
I would save all the money.

There are already enough ****s in their little 106's with huge exhausts and banging music that make you go up to them and punch them in a face. Not to mention their driving.... Makes me wonder how they pass their tests.
Well, they focus on the tests, I think it's just when their out with their "homies" that they act like total asshats.

Still, A pretty nice first car, I wouldn't do much to it, maybe some alloys and lower it a bit
save your mone for repairs and servicing your car. everything else is useless.
Quote from Jakg :Logic says save for something better but I regret nothing I did to my car...

and now you only have money for an equaly shite car
#16 - Jakg
Quote from Shotglass :and now you only have money for an equaly shite car

Not quite, I spent £90 on my pimpin' stereo setup (which I can take out and put in a new car), I spent £80 on wheels which I can resell for more than I paid and I spent £20 on pointless go faster filters...

I have more than enough money next to me for a very very nice car tyvm, I just need to wait for the perfect one to come up for sale...
I wouldn't bother doing anything to it tbh, it isn't a bad car to start off with (I presume it's a newish model).

I never did anything to the first car I had, well 1. it was a KA, 2. I'd look even more of a pillock had I done anything to it

And lol @ DevilDare, so true man, I hate those plonkers in ickle cars thinking they're a match for the big boys, pathetic
the last one you were interested in had a face that looked like it went to a special needs class so youre either blind (quite dangerous when driving a car btw) have absolutely no taste or should save up a lot more money
#19 - Jakg
Quote from Shotglass :the last one you were interested in had a face that looked like it went to a special needs class so youre either blind (quite dangerous when driving a car btw) have absolutely no taste or should save up a lot more money

Meh, nice to have a car that looks like it's owner.
Nah, no major upgrades. I'm thinking about rims, not sure tho, it comes with rims already. As I said, the only thing I'm sure I want is to level the pedals, is it that hard? really
What's with all the Swift hating? The new Swift 1.5 is actually pretty good as hatchbacks, and certainly first cars, go! You can't knock 0-60 in 8.9 seconds and they usually have nice wide tyres...
Congrats on getting your first car! Have fun with it and remember to treat it well or it will cost you $$$
save money,live better,walmart (sorry could not resist)

save money for lada vfts
Well, just reporting after getting the car.
I must say it's quite soft, but has a willing engine! Also, today I found out I COMPLETLY SUCK at starting on manual a detail I'll fix on this days.
I'm really happy indeed.

My First Car!
(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG