The online racing simulator
modified brake pedal today
(35 posts, started )
usual squash ball mod,

feels a lot better but i cant get braking points right now
Squashball mod?
Half(or so)-a-squashball under the brake pedal to give it some extra pressure & feel.
:
#5 - Phill
some may regonize it as, a Tennis Ball. I know most americans will know it from that..
Quote from Phill :some may regonize it as, a Tennis Ball. I know most americans will know it from that..

A tennis ball is nothing like a squash ball. And why isn't this in off topic, or hardware? There are numerous threads about this, can't help I don't see the point of this thread

But good for you, good luck with getting the feel back
A Tennis ball is more than double the size of a squash ball.
lol a squash ball isnt a tennis ball

you dont have to not be american to know what squash ball is, there are places i know around here that have squash ball courts (in gyms of course)
It isn't common though... and still not many people know what it is.

Besides, the squashball mod is harmful to your pedals in my opinion. You are better off just getting some really strong R/C car springs and your pedals will last a very long time. Squashball puts too much stress on the parts in my opinion.
IN the US they call this a "racket ball" Same size as a Squash Ball. Yes it does work, but think about this. The Logi pedals are weak anyway, all that extra pressure on the pots and the joints and the springs, doesn't do them any good.

I have tried this mod, and yes it does feel nice, but way up the pro's and con's I prefer the other mods out there.
Sorry, but I must add this. A tennis ball is not a raquet ball is not a squash ball. They are three different things, three different sizes, and believe you me bob, you ain't gonna fit either a tennis ball or a raquet ball into a MOMO!

I did use the squash ball mod at one time (previous pedals). It did give me somewhat more of a brake pedal "feel" but I finally found that just regulating my foot pressure was the ticket. It also had the feeling of stressing too many plastic parts (creaking) so I'm back to the originals.
yeah. a racket ball ain't a squash ball. racketball's played on the same courts as squash, but it's not the same game, and uses different rackets and balls.
Racket ball is actually really fun!
Well I tried using a golf ball. Didn't work. Didn't work at all.
rofl
Quote from dontsimon :Well I tried using a golf ball. Didn't work. Didn't work at all.

OUCH:tombstone

Quote from AdamW :yeah. a racket ball ain't a squash ball. racketball's played on the same courts as squash, but it's not the same game, and uses different rackets and balls.

I only go on what i felt. I played racket ball ( in a court outside against mt brother in law in Florida last year ) and a "racket" ball felt like what we call a Squash ball. It was about the same size to me. A Tennis ball, is green and larger But to me a racket ball ( what my brother in law called it, and a squash ball, what we call it ) was about the same

At the end of the day, you smash both of them against a concrete wall as hard and fast as you can Glad I am not a Racket / squash ball
First off, to the original post'er. You can increase the braking strength in your setup alot now with the squashball mod. I changed all my brakes by like 25-35% in the setup.

Second, I searched out the difference between a squashball and a raquetball, because I've always heard you just put a squashball under the pedals. I bought a set of raquetballs, and there was no way I was getting it in there. I had to cut it in half. This left a little play in it, so I set my brake strength to where when I hit the cutdown raquetball, I was almost locking up. Then, if I need just a little more brake, I can apply just a bit of pressure for that added amount needed. A raquetball is indeed bigger than a squashball. A tennis ball is nothing like either of the others. A tennisball is bright yellow, green, or sometimes orange and is fuzzy.

Third, I've had the cutdown raquetball under my brake pedal since November of 2004 when I bought my Momo. I've played 15 full length races in Nascar Racing 2002/03, many nights of messing around with NFS Porsche Unleashed, then 5 months of LFS demo, before I was licensed and it's logged my 20,000+ miles in S2. In October 2005, I did the standard fixes of resetting the pots in the holder a bit more sturdier and the wrap of electrical tape around the pedal shafts. That's the only time I've had them apart and I've had no problems due to the raquetball being in there.
the reason i posted it here was so everyone could have a laugh at my expense re braking now

re the strain on pedals, i was worried but after asking for old squash balls off a few more athletic m8s, i've found one which is pretty soft, it just does enough to give some feel

re brake effort, yep raised it a bit already

going a bit too hardware ish

i'm actually tempted to get make a rig with a master cylinder connected to pedal so i can get true brake feel, i've got enough hydraulic parts left after i sold garage
Quote from tinvek :the reason i posted it here was so everyone could have a laugh at my expense re braking now

re the strain on pedals, i was worried but after asking for old squash balls off a few more athletic m8s, i've found one which is pretty soft, it just does enough to give some feel

re brake effort, yep raised it a bit already

going a bit too hardware ish

i'm actually tempted to get make a rig with a master cylinder connected to pedal so i can get true brake feel, i've got enough hydraulic parts left after i sold garage

Hey, you got to do what you got to do. Not everybody can afford the cool ECCI pedals. I have made many mods like this in my life... many on real cars that I have owned. If it helps you enjoy the game more, the more power to ya
Quote from Fordman :
I have tried this mod, and yes it does feel nice, but way up the pro's and con's I prefer the other mods out there.

What other mods, please ?
Quote from Hallen : I have made many mods like this in my life... many on real cars that I have owned.

:yikes:
Yes, if the brakes in your car start getting light and washy, don't waste your time with checking the brake fluid or the brake pads, just put a squash ball under the pedal and you're ready to go
Rofl Lol

(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG