Can't Change [default] - Select Personal Colours Message
I hosed my PC this past weekend so I downloaded a new copy of LFS and reinstalled it. Luckily I had a backup of my skins and setups so all is not totally lost.

I can change the skin on my FBM without a problem but when I try to change the skin/colour on the XFG or XRG I get this message:

"Can't Change [default] - Select Personal Colours"

Any ideas? All I did was to install the game and then copy a few skins and setups to make sure everything works.

Dave
You need to create a new skin/color before changing the colors of the car/rim.
I'm not sure if I understand that. I have copied several each of my saved skins for the XFG, XRG and FBM into the "skins" folder under the lfs folder. If I click on the "Colours" button under the FBM car settings, and then the "Skin File Name" button, I see the box stock skins for the FBM along with the ones that downloaded for my last installation of LFS.

If I try the same thing with the XFG or XRG, when I click on the "Colours" button I get the "Can't Change [default] - Select Personal Colours" message. The same thing happens when I touch any of the colour slider bars, or click on the "Skin File Name" button. So I can't change anything because no matter what I touch (just for the XFG and XRG) I get the error message. So I cannot create a new skin/colour because the message always blocks me.
the setups list is on the right hand side, and the skins list is on the left... click new colours. this is also where you load pre-made skins. i've never used the options in the colors tab outside of changing rim colours.

http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Image:Garage.jpg
That's odd. I never did it that way with my old installation (maybe it was really old?) but your suggestion fixed the issue.

Thanks so much for the help!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG