The online racing simulator
#626 - Dac
Quote from danowat :You paid for LFS as it was in its state it was in when you brought it, you don't pay for any future development.

IMO, you only have the "right" to complain if there was something fundementally wrong with the product you paid for at that time.

Updates and improvements are a BONUS not a requirement or neccesity.

What about the people who paid for LFS after the updates had been announced?
Actually, I don't understand some people. See, I totally dedicated my life to LFS... I mean, I'm not addicted, it's just that I've no social life, so instead of hanging out with friends or doing some other stuff, I spend all my spare time on internet, mainly on LFS. I'm either playing or doing LFS related stuff(working on several projects, skinning, chatting with LFS players) several hours a day. On holidays, I will even spend most of my day online... I've had more than 110.000 kilometers online, and I raced more official races than anyone else in the game according to the spdoDB... And I do not even feel bored with that game, at all! I love the community so much, I love LFS so much, and I do not even feel like waiting for a new patch. I'm just enjoying the current content, and I'm not expecting any new features in the next few months/years. If the devs release something interresting in the future, I would feel it'd be like a bonus for me.

Now, it's amazing that the majority of the people complaining about the patch couldn't even be bothered to race in at least 1 official event, or doing at least one single useful thing for the community... And afterwards, they think they've the legimity to ask for new free updates I mean, what the hell. They should rather feel happy to have discovered, once in their life, one of the most realistic racing sim ever, and that they paid it for, let's say... 1/3 the price of any crappy EA game, that's it?

If those people feel bothered, why don't they just piss off and let those who actually enjoy the game in peace? Hey people, why don't you let down the game, for, I don't know, iRenting perhaps? And enjoy the 20$ fees for any new car

So... Long life LFS, no worries, there will still be people enjoying the game for what it is now, and not what they want it to be. I am sure that those people represent the majority, but that they can't even be bothered to express their opinion on the official forum because of the trolls hanging around...
Makes no difference, you paid for what you got when you paid for it, not future development.

It was announced it was PLANNED, there was never a PROMISED release date.

Personally, you should be happy that you'll get it at all as a free update, rather than complaining that its not here yet.

I am personally disheartened with the development with LFS, which is why I haven't driven it in months, BUT, I got WAY more out of it than I paid for, both in terms of free addons and improvments and pure "wheel time".

I just get a bit peeved when people pull the "we paid so we should get" card.

Race what you've got, or play something else, its that simple, the core of the game stays the same.
#629 - Dac
That's a very pessimistic view. Id hate to buy anything from you.
This is hilarious

Danowat - "You paid for LFS as it was in its state it was in when you brought it, you don't pay for any future development" - spot on

GreyBull - "blah no life, blah 110,000km etc" - what a hero, here have a :trophy_si

I only ever practice for and race in GTAL nowadays, after 3.5 years fully licenced its not unusual for some stagnation to set in and the value for money has been nothing short of incredible.

Waiting patiently
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] : I am sure that those people represent the majority, but that they can't even be bothered to express their opinion on the official forum because of the trolls hanging around...

Quote from HVS5b :
GreyBull - "blah no life, blah 110,000km etc" - what a hero, here have a :trophy_si

See kids
All of this has been said before, so I hesitate to jump in...

There are a lot of frustrated people in the forum, and that's understandable. But if every LFS license holder stomps off and never plays again, that costs the devs exactly $0. I suspect even the people who are fed up and have said they "will never race again" will buy S3 if/when it comes out.

This great race sim that we'll all so passionate about is the hobby of three talented people. If you want a race sim from a large commercial development company, there are lots of other options.
Quote from ASR Sanchez :1st people who have the same opinion with me.

Didn't know it was never said. those guys are extremely talented but no way near talented enough to hit deadlines of these big updates on their own. they definitely need to hire some new help maybe from different time zones so when the devs sleep the others get to work. we must remember the devs need their 8 hours too xD
Oh yes, for USD$191,000, you have Ferrari & Cruden Hexatech racing simulator. For that price I would be buying a tank and attackin Cruden Hexatech factory to get that sim.
The best simulator at the moment is LFS and maybe some drivers used R-Factor for simulating F1, till they discovered it was bullshit.
I can´t imagine why BMW paid LFS developers for makin a new sim of the F1 for BMW...Because LFS is truly one of the best sims in the market, if we say that LFS is commercial, but the truth is that it´s not as commercial as GTR, GT5, R-Practor or GT5(super commercial and still no release date hahahaha).

Quote from AYRTON (EUS) :BMW paid LFS developers for makin a new sim of the F1 for BMW

i think i missed something
Originally Posted by AYRTON (EUS)
BMW paid LFS developers for makin a new sim of the F1 for BMW

yeah maybe im wrong!! but there´s nothing better at this time, nor the Gt5 F1 bullshit.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Actually, I don't understand some people. See, I totally dedicated my life to LFS... I mean, I'm not addicted, it's just that I've no social life, so instead of hanging out with friends or doing some other stuff, I spend all my spare time on internet, mainly on LFS. I'm either playing or doing LFS related stuff(working on several projects, skinning, chatting with LFS players) several hours a day. On holidays, I will even spend most of my day online... I've had more than 110.000 kilometers online, and I raced more official races than anyone else in the game according to the spdoDB... And I do not even feel bored with that game, at all! I love the community so much, I love LFS so much, and I do not even feel like waiting for a new patch. I'm just enjoying the current content, and I'm not expecting any new features in the next few months/years. If the devs release something interresting in the future, I would feel it'd be like a bonus for me.

Now, it's amazing that the majority of the people complaining about the patch couldn't even be bothered to race in at least 1 official event, or doing at least one single useful thing for the community... And afterwards, they think they've the legimity to ask for new free updates I mean, what the hell. They should rather feel happy to have discovered, once in their life, one of the most realistic racing sim ever, and that they paid it for, let's say... 1/3 the price of any crappy EA game, that's it?

If those people feel bothered, why don't they just piss off and let those who actually enjoy the game in peace? Hey people, why don't you let down the game, for, I don't know, iRenting perhaps? And enjoy the 20$ fees for any new car

So... Long life LFS, no worries, there will still be people enjoying the game for what it is now, and not what they want it to be. I am sure that those people represent the majority, but that they can't even be bothered to express their opinion on the official forum because of the trolls hanging around...

Well said Yann, I agree with you!!! I am having fun with this great sim the way it is now in it's current state of development. I'm just as anxious as the next person about the update, but I'm not going to make negative posts about it. When Scawen (& others) are ready to release the update, they will. Until then I'm going to keep on racing and having fun with lfs.
Quote from Dac :Why? People have paid for LFS and are dedicated to seeing it prosper. People are complaining because they were promised updates that have not materialised in over a year. They have a right to complain this is a public forum where people are supposed to publicise their views (within reason) openly. If you don't like hearing peoples opinions then you go and do something else. Simple.

Just because some people aren't complaining about development speed doesn't mean we are any less dedicated to seeing it prosper. In fact you could say we are more dedicated as we are happy to wait for lfs to develop to the best that is able to. As previously said though, nothing was promised! Yes posts and announcement were made that the patch was planned to be released, but it was exactly that a plan. Breaking news, plans don't always go to plan. Yes everyone has the right to their views and it can be posted that people think the development speed is slow and I am included in that. What people can't do it say they have a right to have the update. Everyone has to buy everything as it at the time. Now you could buy lfs with the hope that it will be updated and maybe that hope will get rewarded but there is nothing to say that there will be an update.

Quote from danowat :Personally, you should be happy that you'll get it at all as a free update, rather than complaining that its not here yet.
I am personally disheartened with the development with LFS, which is why I haven't driven it in months, BUT, I got WAY more out of it than I paid for, both in terms of free addons and improvments and pure "wheel time".
I just get a bit peeved when people pull the "we paid so we should get" card.
Race what you've got, or play something else, its that simple, the core of the game stays the same.

This, exactly how I feel. I know when the patch comes out I will more then likely race again but for now I am content to wait.

A good example is any console game, say modern warfare 2. You buy the game play it for a while, you come to hope that their will be new online maps. It is announced that they plan to release some maps, but if they don't you can't complain as you bought the game as is and you still have that.
Quote from J03130 :Didn't know it was never said. those guys are extremely talented but no way near talented enough to hit deadlines of these big updates on their own. they definitely need to hire some new help maybe from different time zones so when the devs sleep the others get to work. we must remember the devs need their 8 hours too xD

Try reading my last post - NOT hiring more staff is kind of the point of LFS.
Scawen has his own system for doing his job to improve on the code for lfs and he likes it his own way so either start up your own business and make a sim by yourself or just move onto other games.

The people who keep saying that you are due patch's when you feel like it, well your wrong. You paid for a license to play the game that's it and nothing more, Scawen releases patch's for the community free of charge and he can take that away anytime he wants but for him to earn any money he has to release them alot more then he has been doing for the last few years.

I would love to see the S2 sells from 2009 compared to 2008 to see the impact on having no patch's for the last 2 years.
Quote from rc10racer :I would love to see the S2 sells from 2009 compared to 2008 to see the impact on having no patch's for the last 2 years.

While you might see some impact there I think the more telling statistic will be how many pre 2008 LFS S2 Lic holders don't upgrade to S3 when it comes out. I've moved on to another sim and am committing myself to it more and more as time goes on, for me at least LFS is going to have to see a big leap in progress for it to draw me back. But there is plenty of time my subscription doesn't run out until Dec 2011
I probably would have changed sims, but there isn't one to change to that ticks even 30% of the boxes I need ticked to change.
Quote from Greboth :For all the complainers/haters/whiners etc: One question are you all that incapable of putting lfs down and finding another hobby to entertain your time until the patch comes?

So true that I'll put it in my sig.

Quote from Dac :People are complaining because they were promised updates that have not materialised in over a year.

Could you show me a post/news item/anything where they promised something?
This subject is becoming soooo boring Nothing we can do, so let them work. Nothing else
Well, It is fun for me to read this all and it doesn´t bores me so I think that it will be best to keep this discussion going
Did you know, that female driver have a better view, than male?
Quote from GeForz :Did you know, that female driver have a better view, than male?

I had never noticed that she's further back. What's that all about?

Must be some sort of pre-puberty-joke...
It's actually truth, woman have a wider view then men, it's scientificly proven.
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG