The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
woooo class D
Well done.
Quote from brt900 :thanks going for c now,
i have the silverado

They only run the Silverado on Ovals (so I've been told) so that won't help you getting your Road license to C.
Quote from obsolum :They only run the Silverado on Ovals (so I've been told) so that won't help you getting your Road license to C.

my oval is d not road
Quote from brt900 :my oval is d not road

Ah, my bad It's the other way around for me.
oval is easy even i can do it. road is so damn boring need to do it though
Quote from brt900 :oval is easy even i can do it. road is so damn boring need to do it though

Lol, I feel the opposite. I did a Legends race the other day. It brings a whole new definition to the word "boring". Why anyone chooses to drive those is beyond me. I can understand it can be thrilling in something faster or bigger like proper Nascars or the Silverado, but running ~16 second laps in the Legends... that's beyond boring

Granted, the Solstice isn't the most exciting car to drive but once you master it enough to drive it at a reasonable pace it can make for some great racing. The SRF is something else, though. Twitchy little bugger, that is.
Yea bought iRacing today

hope to see some of u guys around sometime
Quote from Timo1992 :Yea bought iRacing today

hope to see some of u guys around sometime

cool good luck
iRacing buys you
managed a 1.05.6 getting faster laps every lap gaining on second, saw smoke coming to the crest bang there he was in middle of road!
Going for the next Mazda race, hopefully I won't bin it at T1 this time LOL
So either tomorrow or monday I too will try iRacing. The time has come.

Anyways, I was just wondering. The $5 a month Radical + Silverstone promotion is still active, but I dont know if its worth getting it as the Radical looks one car to tame.

Should I just get the normal starter pack and enjoy some easy fun Legends racing and get used to the sim, or should I feel safe in trying the Radical?

Quote from DevilDare :So either tomorrow or monday I too will try iRacing. The time has come.

Anyways, I was just wondering. The $5 a month Radical + Silverstone promotion is still active, but I dont know if its worth getting it as the Radical looks one car to tame.

Should I just get the normal starter pack and enjoy some easy fun Legends racing and get used to the sim, or should I feel safe in trying the Radical?

As far as I'm aware, you'll get the full starter package even if you go for the Radical promo aswell.
You do?

Ahh I didn't know that. Sweet then!

Thanks.
Limerock is still my favorite track,VERY challenging to race, easy to hotlap.

My tips for Having fun in Iracing if your starting out.

1: Never chase fast laps let them come to you as descibed in number 4.
2: practice practice practice first ..then race.
3: dont worry about what others are doing or not doing,( unless there wrecking ).
4: Don't hop from car to car,Don't rush to move up, find a car you like and stick with it, keep driving it until all those frustrating corners normally accompanied with massive sawing at the wheel on the exit suddenly feel like you have all the time in the world to make them, its a slow/fast almost effortless feeling and its worth the practice.

5: enjoy it, it's not a job
i love the vette feels so nice when your gentle with the throttle managed a 54.5 and i have a lot more to give
I see. Thanks.
Quote from JohnPenn :Limerock is still my favorite track,VERY challenging to race, easy to hotlap.

My tips for Having fun in Iracing if your starting out.

1: Never chase fast laps let them come to you as descibed in number 4.
2: practice practice practice first ..then race.
3: dont worry about what others are doing or not doing,( unless there wrecking ).
4: Don't hop from car to car,Don't rush to move up, find a car you like and stick with it, keep driving it until all those frustrating corners normally accompanied with massive sawing at the wheel on the exit suddenly feel like you have all the time in the world to make them, its a slow/fast almost effortless feeling and its worth the practice.

5: enjoy it, it's not a job

+100

an extra hint is to remember TTs, although they only measure your time over a certain number of laps dependant on circuit, do actually run for a full 30 mins, try and run the whole 30 mins at a reasonable pace without any incident points. if you can manage this then you're a long way to completing a race succesfully.

finally remember the idea of rookie races is just to learn to survive races, wins etc can come later, just get used to watching and avoiding other drivers and their accidents as iracing is a lot less forgiving of damage than LFS especially as you go higher up the ladder.
to complete my mpr do i have to do it in class D races because i did 4 rookie legends and got nothing in my mpr
i just read it then just after i posted. damn it money again!!!!
Quote from brt900 :i just read it then just after i posted. damn it money again!!!!

Since you said you have the Silverado already, there IS a way to get around buying a D class car. First, race legends and get your SR to 4.0+, this will allow you to "race up" in Class C without actually getting promoted. You can then do your MPR in Class C instead of D to get promoted.
thank you for helping the noob
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG