The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from obsolum :I don't think there is a way to choose. From what I understand people get grouped together based on their iRating but seeing as you're both Rookies (with equally poor stats, I may add :tilt you can't see what your iRating is.

Ay, Mines not that bad for a first timer

EDIT: Just got my first clean win. 40 Laps Led, fastest lap. Wooo. Bring on the next one
As a rookie you still have iRating, you just can't see it. All fields are 100% based on iRating.
There is a PSRTV hosted event with the Jetta at VIR Full Course tonight - qualifying is at 22:05 GMT and the race at 22:20. It is for a test broadcast which should be on air from 22:00 at http://www.psrtv.com. We might have a few LFS'ers in so cheer us on.
Quote from count.bazley :There is a PSRTV hosted event with the Jetta at VIR Full Course tonight - qualifying is at 22:05 GMT and the race at 22:20. It is for a test broadcast which should be on air from 22:00 at http://www.psrtv.com. We might have a few LFS'ers in so cheer us on.

Yeah I'm deciding whether to run my own session or this. I can't decide! :doh:
Guys how do I get my mic to work? I've got a button assigned but when I pres it and talk in the race, nothing is happening. Is there something else I need to do?
You need to sort out the settings for the microphone aswell. I Don't remember fully, Its in the options place somewhere. It was using my actual headphones as a mic before i assigned it.
There's a setting for which device to use for mic and voice comms. Might seem redundant, but it's actually pretty neat. Means you can have the car sounds on speakers and voice on headset.
on www.psrtv.com tonight there's the weekly English Club race which will be the skippy at Silverstone. Should be an absolute blast!

Starts at 9pm UK time for qualify!
wow that corvette is hard to drive
Quote from StableX :on www.psrtv.com tonight there's the weekly English Club race which will be the skippy at Silverstone. Should be an absolute blast!

Starts at 9pm UK time for qualify!

I'll be watching! Hopefully it's better than last nights broadcast or I may have to apply to become a commentator. :doh:
what are the requirements for class D and if i do them before im promoted to 3.0 rookie will i get promoted twice
Quote from bdshan :Try reading the license FAQ: http://www.answers-script.com/iracing/category.php?id=10

So basically once you get to D you're required to fork out more cash to buy the content you need to be able progress to C? 'Cause there are no D-class races running any Basic content as far as I can see, and racing in Rookie races with a D license will not count towards your MPR according to that FAQ.
Quote from obsolum :So basically once you get to D you're required to fork out more cash to buy the content you need to be able progress to C? 'Cause there are no D-class races running any Basic content as far as I can see.

Yep, They are one of the biggest sims, yet they ask for more money than anything else.

Full time s2 on lfs.

3 Months of iRacing
I love the late model's. They are amazing....shame i suck at driving them. But oval racing of this game feels so good to me. I am addicted to Oval racing now
Quote from 1993weeman :I love the late model's. They are amazing....shame i suck at driving them. But oval racing of this game feels so good to me. I am addicted to Oval racing now

I also was adicted to oval stuff for a while when I joined iR. But then I realised what I was losing on the road side
nearly 4.0 in oval and nowhere near 3.0 in road
Quote from 1993weeman :I love the late model's. They are amazing....shame i suck at driving them. But oval racing of this game feels so good to me. I am addicted to Oval racing now

Your Keith Macdonald :o. I've been against you on the legends like 5 times
Woo, Finally been on with someone from LFS
Quote from Jordan2007 :Your Keith Macdonald :o. I've been against you on the legends like 5 times
Woo, Finally been on with someone from LFS

Yeah i wondered how long it would take you to recognise my name.
Oh noes! More people are sucked in by oval racing
I Dont get it. I Won 3 races in a row. I now race with like 2 people from rookie and everyone else from A-D.

Last 3 races i've came basically last, And im just getting harder people
Quote from Jordan2007 :I Dont get it. I Won 3 races in a row. I now race with like 2 people from rookie and everyone else from A-D.

Get used to it.
Anyone is off to race in solstice at 21:00 GMT?
Quote from Jordan2007 :I Dont get it. I Won 3 races in a row. I now race with like 2 people from rookie and everyone else from A-D.

The better you do, the higher your iRating will be, which leads to you getting put in a higher split against better competition. That's how the system works.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG