The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Stop begging for referrals. If people are actually referred by you I'm sure they'll enter your addy.
Quote from brt900 :is the corvette any good i might buy it instead of the COT for a bit of fun when im bored of racing

Corvette sounds awesome and is fun to play around with, but I don't race it as I tend to spin it out under braking every couple of laps if I push it too hard. If you were just going to get the COT for "fun" then I would definitely get the Corvette instead. The COT is a beast at most tracks and is more work than fun to me. I keep saying I want to race it but I'm still racing Impala B for now, its a much more fun car to drive to me. The COT can feel satisfying when you figure it out for a track, it just seems to take longer than other cars.
well im definatley buying the monte carlo but i want to buy either the vette or the COT for fun i decided on the vette as if i buy rhe monte carlo i still have an oval car. imm get the cot on thursday
Pls dont rush to buy content, i have heard so many people say 'i wish i had bought x instead of x'. Only make purchases when you are sure you are ready & you've done your research. It also helps if you like the look of the season calender for a particular car.

If you make it to D 4.0 in oval & your feeling confident I can recommend the Silverado. Where are you in road?
OK i have made a mistake. I have been sucked in by iRacing and now i have just bought the late model and the next track for the series. I really like this game and am loving the oval part of it
Quote from 1993weeman :OK i have made a mistake. I have been sucked in by iRacing and now i have just bought the late model and the next track for the series. I really like this game and am loving the oval part of it

The late model is prob the most thrilling car in iRacing. You can take the car to the limit easily enough, and it's timid enough not to bite too hard, but angry enough to kick you in the crown jewels and leave you in tears.

@brt900 - Follow Anttt69's advice, buy only what is needed to complete a season and DON'T RUSH IT. I moved up to quickly and hated it as I didn't learn the tracks/cars enough to be competitive, but have now taken a step back, gone down a level and enjoying it more than ever.
the money is here its a reward for coursework i just want a few cars i can enjoy when im bored ive decided im going to buy the vette and silverado but will be buying the COT on thursday. after that it will be trying to make money to buy either a year or 2 years

EDIT: in oval im 2.41 and in road im 2.61
right i have a really annoying problem. every few races when i go to exit the game i hear the sound of an error and my game freezes and i cant minimize it or see anything no matter what i press ive tried alt+tab widows + d and ctrl + alt + del is there any solutions or even why this error is caused
Quote from brt900 :EDIT: in oval im 2.41 and in road im 2.61

Lol, those are pretty poor stats to be honest. You're talking of buying all kinds of new cars yet you don't even have the license to drive them in races. Maybe you should try to get out of Rookie first?

EDIT: I see you only signed up yesterday? Jeez, give it a bit of time before you go spending your cash on cars and stuff.
Quote from obsolum :Lol, those are pretty poor stats to be honest. You're talking of buying all kinds of new cars yet you don't even have the license to drive them in races. Maybe you should try to get out of Rookie first?

EDIT: I see you only signed up yesterday? Jeez, give it a bit of time before you go spending your cash on cars and stuff.

More money than sense... Seriously though, wait until you get a D licence and buy the Skippy. That's all you'll need for the time being.

On another note (and an epicly sly plug ), don't forget about the hosted Jetta race tonight, starting tonight @ 9pm GMT and Brands Hatch!
Quote from Wilko868 :On another note (and an epicly sly plug ), don't forget about the hosted Jetta race tonight, starting tonight @ 9pm GMT and Brands Hatch!

I might as well put a plug here, too.

There's another hosted race tonight: the Skippy @ Mosport.

Practice from 7pm GMT onwards
20 minutes qualifying
Race starts at 8.30. Laps 20

Look for "FinnglishRacing".
Anyone see that Nascar deal on the main page. Does anyone know why it doesnt work?
this error is really starting to annoy me after every race/testing i just get an error and my pc just freezes any suggestions
Quote from brt900 :this error is really starting to annoy me after every race/testing i just get an error and my pc just freezes any suggestions

Maybe some files are missing so it can't find it after the race? Try to reinstall iracing from scratch
this time my game minimised and i print screened it
Attached images
error.JPG
I'm an iRacing programmer, and I'll go fix the problem right away...
Quote from boothy :I'm an iRacing programmer, and I'll go fix the problem right away...

Thank you. While you're on, give me all the content and erm....fix the 500 fail please.

Ta.
The Mazda and Infineon, hmmmm tempting!

Bought brands too, so now I can do the Mazda for the next 3 weeks, and I can join in the race that's being hosted tonight
Quote from brt900 :this error is really starting to annoy me after every race/testing i just get an error and my pc just freezes any suggestions

A heater for the pc to stop it freezing.

Email iRacing tec support, they are normally quick in replying and very helpful. When I had an issue I had a solution and problem solved within the hour.
Quote from Wilko868 :
Date and time: Tuesday 16th February - 2000 GMT - 2100 CET - 1400 EST (How many time zones do I want? )

Quote from Wilko868 :don't forget about the hosted Jetta race tonight, starting tonight @ 9pm GMT and Brands Hatch!

J00 Fa1l.
Quote from Kid222 :J00 Fa1l.

I do. I've started the session now, with 90 minutes of practice before a 15 minute qualifying session and a 25 lap race. Hope to see y'all there!
Is there anyway i can race with Brt900 in the public races. Like 100 join put in seperate races. and i've never got brt.
too cool for you
Quote from Jordan2007 :Is there anyway i can race with Brt900 in the public races. Like 100 join put in seperate races. and i've never got brt.

I don't think there is a way to choose. From what I understand people get grouped together based on their iRating but seeing as you're both Rookies (with equally poor stats, I may add :tilt you can't see what your iRating is.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG