The online racing simulator
i remember reading somewhere about people who have had bad frame rates, they fixed it by forcing DX9
Quote :
On windows 7, the config file is at
Documents/BFBC2Beta/settings.ini

Change DxVersion=Auto to DxVersion=9

Quote from Bose321 :That's strange. Even when I record, my FPS is higher then that, with 8x AA and 16AF.

Here's a new video I made with some epic kills (alot knife kills )

Tomorrow I'll be playing again, add me;Bose321

U must be very proud of urself now, yay.

And as ive played it myself now, ur sound is messed up as i said once already. Or maybe it messes up after rendering or whatever, dont know.
Quote from franky500 :i remember reading somewhere about people who have had bad frame rates, they fixed it by forcing DX9

Tried that on my PC and laptop, but I didn't really notice it.

Quote from hazaky :U must be very proud of urself now, yay.

And as ive played it myself now, ur sound is messed up as i said once already. Or maybe it messes up after rendering or whatever, dont know.

I'm not saying it too tease you, or to sound cool...

And the sound is fine, I've asked several people, and I've listened on several systems and speakers. Must be you.
Quote from Bose321 :And the sound is fine, I've asked several people, and I've listened on several systems and speakers. Must be you.

Listen closely, i took the video and even put it on a timeline at watched the waves. Its not right, try to listen this with your headphones. Its like all recorded in a little metal room.

Oh and btw, how can i chat ingame?

Edit:
Quote from franky500 :i remember reading somewhere about people who have had bad frame rates, they fixed it by forcing DX9

It helped me a bit btw, thanks!
chat in game is K and L i believe (or J and K) around that area anyhow :P.
Chat is J to everyone. K to team. And L if you're in a squad.

About my sound, can anyone else try the video? I can't hear what hazaky means...
Quote from lukelfs :Mmm, what graphics card do you have? same as mine? Il try turning of one of the cards then, see what happens

Edit- Just looked at Nvidia's site, I guess Ill update my drivers

New driver - Adds SLI and multi-GPU support for many top new gaming titles including Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Sorry for the late reply, my Graphics card is the EVGA 8800GT 512mb, Intel Dual core E8400 @ 3ghz, Pny ddr2 2x2gb ram.

I'm running the maximum resolution I can (1366x768) and full AA+AF.

I can't really understand what the problem is, it isn't as if my drivers are up to date either.
Lol, Our PC's are almost exactly the same, although I have an extra card, I should be getting more FPS than you lol, although I am playing at 1920x1200?

I can still play the game, Im running at Med,Med,Low,Low,AAx1,AFx1, I get around 20-40FPS, Its not enough to enjoy the game and it makes it harder to snipe when it lags lol
Quote from lukelfs :Lol, Our PC's are almost exactly the same, although I have an extra card, I should be getting more FPS than you lol, although I am playing at 1920x1200?

I can still play the game, Im running at Med,Med,Low,Low,AAx1,AFx1, I get around 20-40FPS, Its not enough to enjoy the game and it makes it harder to snipe when it lags lol

Something must be wrong. My laptop runs better then that with settings on medium with more AA and AF, with this POS nividia 9600GT M
What could be wrong :P lool, my other games run perfectly fine, I might format my computer, Install either Vista again or Windows 7
Tried a lower resolution? Might be the source of your problems.
Quote from mcintyrej :Tried a lower resolution? Might be the source of your problems.

I have tried but its still around the same, and it just makes the game look worse, Id rather run at my native resoultion

Edit- Ok, I forced the game to DX10, 1680x1050, low settings etc. I now get 30-60 FPS, Its much better than before, I guess this will do for now

Edit2- Even with AAx8 AFx8 I still get 30-50fps, and it looks abit nicer, although the textures suck at low :P

Edit3- I also edited Gamesettings, Soundsystem somthing - 2, gave me a about 2-4 fps boost..

Im running now at 1680x1050, Med/Low settings, AAx8AFx8... try it out :P I get a solid 25-50 FPS and the game looks nicer :P
Does anyone want to play together now?

Add - Spooke
Quote from lukelfs :Does anyone want to play together now?

Add - Spooke

I'm coming

JasonX199
Woot!

Im lvl6 soon, did over 8000 points in one round (total). Teamwork and working in squads is just awesome. If you know how to play, damn its a "must buy" . Seriously lots of fun!
I think im level 8-9 , Im loving the game, the atmosphere is great compared to other FPS's, I will proberly order the game soon , I hope the final game runs better on my PC than this beta
So, all yall PC geeks here eh? For PS3 owners, add me, PSN ID in the sig..
Quote from lukelfs :I think im level 8-9 , Im loving the game, the atmosphere is great compared to other FPS's, I will proberly order the game soon , I hope the final game runs better on my PC than this beta

Yeah, they have changed alot they said on the forum, and they claim it should run better.

For you console users out here, gtfo. :hidesbehi
Woohoo!

My second time with total score of 8000 points!

Anyways, when using teamwork/squad - the game is so much more fun. Like seriously.

Edit: A new score of 9600. Dont know if its that good, can anyone beat that? =]

Added new pic to attachments.
Attached images
bc2screen.jpg
hugescore.jpg
Quote from hazaky :Woohoo!

My second time with total score of 8000 points!

Anyways, when using teamwork/squad - the game is so much more fun. Like seriously.

Edit: A new score of 9600. Dont know if its that good, can anyone beat that? =]

Added new pic to attachments.

Duh, in one of my video's I got more then 15000, that's about my average score.
Damn, the maitenance is taking pretty long. Anyone remembers how long it takes? It was mentioned in the menu screen at the bottom - scrolling text.

Edit: Also, i hope i will have my stats when moving on to the full game.
Quote from hazaky :
Edit: Also, i hope i will have my stats when moving on to the full game.

No, you will not..

Last night i've had an epic match with a friend of mine, we were the attackers, and somehow by the end, it came down to only the two of us versus the five defenders.. They've slaughtered us, we couldn't move from our base (the third one) to the last one.. They've had one amazing chopper pilot, he destroyed us with his Apache.. but somehow, by the time we recieved a "we are losing, fight harder" message, we managed to sneak out, checked that the area is clear (they've probably went to spawn-camp us), a friend took the Heavy MG that looks straight on the last "A" objective, and i've planted the bomb... got killed imediately from behind, but my teammate shot him right after with MG.. It was just epic..

btw, how DO they drive those choppers? I don't get it, how to maintain a steady position with it?
Quote from Boris Lozac :
btw, how DO they drive those choppers? I don't get it, how to maintain a steady position with it?

The joy of using a mouse

Does anyone know if the PC version is still down for matetinence?

battlefield: bad company 2
(1054 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG