The online racing simulator
Quote from VoiD :Don´t get me wrong, I love the new !ex-feature. But atm it´s a pain in the arse to get those stats "working" for a public-server. Hmmm...What about re/down-designing the !ex-page...?

Uhhhmmmm???? What do you need the EXP.aspx Web page for? It is purely for info, it is in no substantial way related to !ex command. It is there only to give people some basic idea about the experience index.

The whole thing works like this: Someone connects to your Airio FULL or PROS server. His LFSW data are downloaded locally, inside your Airio instance. Airio summarizes the data and sends a request to airio.eu with the summarized data. In return it receives calculated index and description.

It is not important that the indexes are also kept for some time on airio.eu. Important is every new connection will receive the index and description withing a few seconds (depending on your LSW data download configuration) and will keep it locally.

So I'm not sure what prevents reasonable use of LFSEI on public servers...
Quote from MaKaKaZo :It could be useful to add a race position indicator relative to your car class.

Quote from VoiD :We have a ridiculous Aonio-radar, a pitspotter, fuel warning, gauges, silly views etc...

In fact the class separation display was already requested, but when implemented it will be part of Aonio. It is true that when you're racing with GT2 you're not interested in GTR people. But it is also true Aonio already contains the necessary data, showing what cars everyone uses (including custom restricted types of cars). Agreed, counting down your position in TBOs is too time consuming, something simpler is necessary, maybe just your position in your category displayed on every lap finish. Maybe this could also fit somewhere in Airio...

Quote from nl2dav :Good, but is that already available? And if so, where can I set the defaults?

No, not yet. My "internal" problem with this is that it will add some 50 odd items into an already bloated SRV file. Maybe using a new file type would be better. And I'm also thinking about 4-way configuration, allowing to turn on/off individual items for everyone new (1st connect, applied once) and also forcing certain on/off settings (every connect, always applied). But then again I'm afraid some admins will force too many data on people, making whole Airio look bad... Eh...
Quote from VoiD :Whats next..? A bloody autopilot??? The car infront/behind is the car infront/behind, no matter of what class...

We have a ridiculous Aonio-radar, a pitspotter, fuel warning, gauges, silly views etc... maybe you should play a slighty different game...?!

I don't use any of those. Actually, after configuring Aonio to look nice to me I decided not to use it because after 4 or 5 races I realized that I hadn't even glanced at any of the panels available, it's a lot of info that I don't need. For me, the cleaner the screen the better.

But, the one info that I want to know is my position in *my* race, I mean, the cars on my own class. This is important only in a multiclass server, and Airio works with classes, so I don't think it's a silly thing. When you play in a crowded multiclass server in the lowest class, you are usually in positions 12th-25th but don't know what is your actual position within your class, and you don't give a damn about faster cars because they're in a different race.
Quote :But my intention was rather to allow complete default config for each new driver, where admins could set what is and what is not by default shown, with people free to adjust the settings later.

Cant´t wait to get that feature
Quote from EQ Worry :But then again I'm afraid some admins will force too many data on people, making whole Airio look bad... Eh...

I agree, I don't like to force anyway.

But a lot of people are asking how the point system works. While its very easy to follow when in !opt points is switched to on by default.
Hello admins!
I have banned by someone who blocked me. Could you clear away this ban from me? I really want play on your server. my nickname is "stimul3d" and in game "rt".

How long exists bans? Permanently or some period?

Sorry for my bad english!
Hi EQ!

We're really enjoyning the new entry for our league based on avg time, great work! Racers are really pushing hard to get the best pace they can, and we are getting some nice in-week races, fantastic job!

But some people is reporting that the system is not taking the second lap you do by session into account. I mean, the first lap you do (in each race, qualy or whatever mode) it's not supposed to be used for the avg time, but the second one should be. At the moment, the first AVG time recorded for the system seems to be with laps 3, 4 and 5 (configured for taking 3 laps). Could you please check if this is the correct behaviour?

Now a little suggestion. The laps configured in order to calculate the AVG time depends a lot on the circuit-car combination. Actually it depends on the lap time. We have taken the decission of taking the AVG for sessions about 6 minutes. This week we're racing AS3R with FZR and XRR. Lap time is about 1:4x, so we are taking 3 laps into consideration.
But in a combination with lap time of 0:4x (FE Club, XRG for example) we would take 9 laps itno consideration.

What do you think of configuring the number of laps based on the current WR and a session time given in the cfg file? This way you would put that 6 minutes session time in cfg, and for each combo the Airio would decide how many laps should take for the avg

Don't know if it's very complicated, but that would be nice.

Some people were asking about a little panel with info about your current frame session (the laps taken for the avg), compared with your current avg lap, showing at any moment if you're getting better or no. I'll put more info about this if you like it
Quote from MaKaKaZo :But, the one info that I want to know is my position in *my* race, I mean, the cars on my own class.

Actually, I guess this info would be best to have in the pitboard panel, displayed on every lap finish for some 10 seconds. I have an update request concerning this panel, so I may as well improve it a bit, hopefully...

Quote from nl2dav :But a lot of people are asking how the point system works. While its very easy to follow when in !opt points is switched to on by default.

Points display, especially on multiclass servers, leads to serious spam on every race finish, that's why it is not active by default. An alternative could be to use Own data display which shows only your points, good times, etc.

Quote from RocksGt :We're really enjoyning the new entry for our league based on avg time, great work!

Ahh, very glad to hear that!

Quote from RocksGt :... the system is not taking the second lap you do by session into account.

Thanks for this report! Indeed 1st lap should be ignored, but not 2nd and the following, as it is happening during qualification/practice now. I believe I've corrected the code now, so it will be available since 2.3.6b, I'll send link soon.

Quote from RocksGt :What do you think of configuring the number of laps based on the current WR and a session time given in the cfg file? This way you would put that 6 minutes session time in cfg, and for each combo the Airio would decide how many laps should take for the avg

Doesn't sound bad. But for now I hope you know you can configure the required laps for average time using TCD file, so that each combo could have different value, set just once. The dependancy on WR could actualy present some troubles, especially when the WR table goes through major reset, such as is expected on next LFS patch or S3 version with new tyre physics. Maybe it is safer to use TCD file and set specific required average laps before you open that combo on your official servers.

Quote from RocksGt :Some people were asking about a little panel with info about your current frame session (the laps taken for the avg), compared with your current avg lap, showing at any moment if you're getting better or no. I'll put more info about this if you like it

Right. Well, I would have troubles creating some new panel. What I would consider useful is some info with lap time required to improve your average time, say after you made half the required laps and the lap time is reasonable, within your PB. The info could maybe fit into the timing buttons and be there with different color instead of elapsed race time on each lap finish.
Quote from EQ Worry :Doesn't sound bad. But for now I hope you know you can configure the required laps for average time using TCD file, so that each combo could have different value, set just once. The dependancy on WR could actualy present some troubles, especially when the WR table goes through major reset, such as is expected on next LFS patch or S3 version with new tyre physics. Maybe it is safer to use TCD file and set specific required average laps before you open that combo on your official servers.

I didn't know about configuring required laps in TCD file, I checked all the options in .srv.txt and .cfg.txt for the new version, but the TCD I simply overwrite it thinking of it had no new config options available. I'll check it out and if I can configure numer of laps for each combo in that file, that is perfect for us! You can't stop surprising us, don't you?

Just for you to know how the avg improved our league, check it out our entry table and look at the number of laps of every racer since last monday (column "Vueltas"):
http://www.liveforspeed.es/mod ... amp;file=consulta_carrera

We're really happy of this nice feature

Quote from EQ Worry :Right. Well, I would have troubles creating some new panel. What I would consider useful is some info with lap time required to improve your average time, say after you made half the required laps and the lap time is reasonable, within your PB. The info could maybe fit into the timing buttons and be there with different color instead of elapsed race time on each lap finish.

This is a proposal of a racer of our league. I think it's very nice, so I post it in here for if it gives you some idea . The images are in spanish, but I'll translate them for you ti know.

When you enter the server you would see something like this:

"mejor" means best, showing your actual AVG time.

So you begin racing and when you complete your second lap (the first taken into account) you would see something like this:

Showing that you've just made a lap in 1:45:28 that it's slower than your AVG time (so rendering in red). Then you do a third lap below your AVG:

You are seeing your first "frame" lap below your AVG (in red) and a second lap better than your AVG, so you have a hint about how you're doing it

Finally, for the best support, you could get it a hint by the system about what lap time you must get in order to lower your AVG:

"siguiente" means Next, and that would be the time required of the actual lap you're racing in order to lower your AVG considering the complete frame.

Don't know how much work this means to you, but I think that it's a nice idea. But I must admit that it's only nice for people using the AVG as primary metric, so I understand if you don't think this improve worth the time it requires
Since a few days I´m searching for a possible way to use

DaysChamp=7
with
AverageLaps=3

without loosing the "!avg"-data on every single week...

I´d like to use "!avg" in addition to "!sb" In totals, not based on DaysChamp
Atm I´m lost in those cfg´s...tried a few ways but couldnt solve it...

Is this possible? ...How?
And if not, could this be done in future versions?
The average lap data are part of other data with total and champ parts. Champ part may be erased every week or (e.g. manually) every month. And just like every week a new hunt for best points, lap time, race time or drifts may start, also champ average time will be stored again.

There are always two similar commands concerning display of the data. For example there's !btl (best total lap) and !bcl (best champ lap) with more descriptive alternatives !laps and !lap. There's also !btr (best total race, !races) and !bcr (best champ race, !race).

The same is true for average times: !bca (or !avg) shows best champ (week's) average laps and may be erased every 7 days, while !bta (best total average or !avgs) is kept as long as total stats are kept, which is probably forever.

I hope this explanation helps, I'm not sure in what way you'd like to use the average lap data...
Argh...
Thx for the explanation!
Thats all I needed...

Forgot the "!avgs"-cmd...!

Well, it´s only used for displaying some info about, guess what, average laps.
Not for qualifiying or other stuff... Only for showing up the size of your average e-penis.

We use the LicenceTimes*-thingie since 2.3.6. .... since the introduction of AverageLaps.
IMO much more informative than !sb, which was eventually a lucky-lap and/or was archived with the help of another car...
I have some "bug" report.
We've noticed that avg times are taking invalid laps. I mean, we've set a lot of invalid spots in every track to avoid shortcuts. That worked fine when using pb time, as the pb is not stored when a lap is invalidated by a racer crossing a invalid spot. But it seems that invalid lap times, do not affect the avg time. If you do a invalid lap, that time it's not stored as your pb, but it is taking into acconut in calculating the avg.

I think that if you do a invalid lap, then the whole frame for the AVG should be invalidated as long as that invalid lap is in the lap count for the AVG.

Could you please check this issue for us? Thanks a lot!!
The !laps command for Limads used to control number of laps in a race, but now supports laptime references.
Is there another command now available for Limads to be able to change number of laps? I did not see anything posted.....
thx,
havoc
!/laps works for that now.
thx pik.
you have achieved "hero" status
can i trade that in for limad on your servers?
Quote from RocksGt :We've noticed that avg times are taking invalid laps.

Oh, grrr, of course you are right. It was supposed to work the way you suggest, but unfortunately code changes at the last minute caused this bug. Currently the new AVG is just not shown, but it stored and that is wrong. I'll try to update the code tonight.

Quote from z-ro 8 :The !laps command for Limads used to control number of laps in a race, but now supports laptime references.

!len is the preferred way to change race lap count. With negative numers racing for time is used, with positive it is standard laps.
I have problem with Airio. I'm hosting server on VPS and I wonna run Airio on this same machine. I put into cfg: 127.0.0.1 and port. Everything is working for 2 hours and then server is showing that message to everyone who's connecting: Server did't recive UDP packet (I translated it from Polish )
EQ, is it possible to make something like "enable restart voting after all [slowest car] race points are awarded" ?

There is a threshold now for slow cars struggling to get to the finish line long after the first fast car has finished. Lets say like 3 minutes....

People aren't allowed to restart and the counter counts down.

However on short tracks like ky1 so1 fe2 etc the laps are short and everybody is waiting on a restart for over 2 'useless' minutes.

I understand that LFS don't know when the last one finishes but what you could do is trigger on the points system. When the last racing point is awarded start to allow restart voting.

Idea? Or not?
Quote from misiek08 :showing that message to everyone who's connecting: Server did't recive UDP packet

Try to adjust TCPSendDelay in Airio.cfg.txt

(Yes UDP != TCP but try anyway )
Quote from misiek08 :Everything is working for 2 hours and then server is showing that message to everyone who's connecting: Server did't recive UDP packet

Hmmmm, I never saw this. On many servers Airio runs for whole weeks without any troubles. The strange thing is Airio is not using UDP at all. So I'm afraid currently I do not know what could be the cause.

Quote from nl2dav :EQ, is it possible to make something like "enable restart voting after all [slowest car] race points are awarded"?

Right, I see the problem, but I see no easy solution. My suggestion would be to cancel race restart votes say only for 60 or 90 seconds after the winner is know, which is usually enough for everyone to finish. For another 120 or 90 seconds the countdown could run with faster race restart allowed, if enough people vote. But I'll think what can be done...
Quote from EQ Worry :Hmmmm, I never saw this. On many servers Airio runs for whole weeks without any troubles. The strange thing is Airio is not using UDP at all. So I'm afraid currently I do not know what could be the cause.

"Server didn't receive UDP packet" is a LFS error if I'm not mistaken... not AIRIO related at all.
I'm hosting Airio for dedicated server running on other machine and this instance is working good for 1 month. I started 2nd server without Airio on my server and it's running corectly. I've downloaded new zip file from lfs.net but it doesn't help.

P.S I tried to run again Airio + Dedi and it was working for 1 day (~23 hours)
Looking at your signature... Using mono?

If yes, what version?

AIRIO - Advanced LFS Tracker
(2384 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG