The online racing simulator
more "fragile" cars
(25 posts, started )
more "fragile" cars
i've noticed that compared to real life cars, LFS cars are made of platinum! i was racing in AS4 and i crashed into a wall in the huge straight, going 201 mph. the car looked like it had hit the wall at 50! i was even able to drive away afterwords! I'm not suggesting a new damage model altogether, but a modification to the current one. maybe slower impacts could induce more damage on the car.
Collision physics are on the to-do list, if I am not wrong.
I actually like this kind of idea. Having bits fall of and engine damage would make this game a whole lot more interesting. Especially in DD's when 1 crash at T1 would end your race.
and if you tutch wheels with ab oponent the car will fly up on the tyres
Kind of obvious thing really to improve. I am sure this is on the devs todo list already.

Currently the engine or any other part of the running gear can't break down from crashes. Which means that as long as your wheels touch the ground you can drive off.
I quite like being able to still race after being smacked into on the run to T1 or in T1 by someone who has lost his brake pressure and still be able to carry on and race.

On the other hand, it is a simulator and in order for it to advance and become better and more realistic it must have a proper damage model.
The amount of times my car has been droven over this scares me a little :P

I'd like this idea but aslong as lag glitches are fixed first, otherwise there will be mayhem
It's been said by Scawen himself for numerous times that it's something that's going to be improved in the future.
Congrats! You WIN! Your thread is 999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999th with same suggestion. HURRAY!!!
Quote from matijapkc :Congrats! You WIN! Your thread is 999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999th with same suggestion. HURRAY!!!

This is kind of rude you see.
He is kind of new, and so are you!
And your still a demo racer.

So no rights for you to attack someone like that.

This thread is good to get the Improved Car Damage topic active again.
Well, I agree that the car should REALLY disintegrate when crashing.
Quote from jakeeatworld :I quite like being able to still race after being smacked into on the run to T1 or in T1 by someone who has lost his brake pressure and still be able to carry on and race.

On the other hand, it is a simulator and in order for it to advance and become better and more realistic it must have a proper damage model.

Agreed +1

i bett the people asking for collision will be the first to complain once they get more realistic damage.
#14 - Byku
Do not agree. I believe that better collision system will create better racing... after lap 1 ^^ and MUCH MORE exciting ^^.
Quote from Byku :Do not agree. I believe that better collision system will create better racing... after lap 1 ^^ and MUCH MORE exciting ^^.

Nah, iRacing shows that even with a very punishing damage model AND a stat tracking how many incidents you have there will still be pile-ups in T1 because some idiot(s) can't deal with his surroundings...
#16 - Byku
Quote from bbman :Nah, iRacing shows that even with a very punishing damage model AND a stat tracking how many incidents you have there will still be pile-ups in T1 because some idiot(s) can't deal with his surroundings...

Yeah, but after T1 those idiots won't be able to race anymore ^^... and some other players...
I believe, people will start to think about braking earlier / harder and take more care of own's car then now. Now, you can do almost anything without hard consequences.

I am for more fragile cars too
This will improve (mainly) leagues too

Anniversary! 100th post
Having been a member of both the LFS and iRacing communities, I can honestly say that quality of racing and that the the driver skill and conduct are better on iRacing servers, if having a serious race is your goal. That does not really mean much though if you are just looking for pickup races. Personally I like the idea of more fragile cars and driver safety tracking, not everyone does though. So whether or not this is a route that is taken by LFS all depends on which direction the developers want to take the game. I would think that LFS will lean towards the wider customer base of more relaxed online racing then towards the narrower customer base that wants a very real racing experience.
Quote from rockclan :This is kind of rude you see.
He is kind of new, and so are you!
And your still a demo racer.
So no rights for you to attack someone like that.
This thread is good to get the Improved Car Damage topic active again.

You know... Usually someone writes the mighty thing: USE THE SEARCH BUTTON.
And I'm not new... He isn't new either. You see our join dates.
And I'm not demo because I want to be demo. It's just that I don't have the money to buy the game. And if I would gather the money, my father probably wouldn't let me buy the game.
Quote from matijapkc :You know... Usually someone writes the mighty thing: USE THE SEARCH BUTTON.
And I'm not new... He isn't new either. You see our join dates.
And I'm not demo because I want to be demo. It's just that I don't have the money to buy the game. And if I would gather the money, my father probably wouldn't let me buy the game.

Maybe when I get my pay checks I will be able to arrange something
OMG they are actually listening.
Look at attatchment
Attached files
Victor ingame O.o.mpr - 23.9 KB - 898 views
Quote from Michalxo :I believe, people will start to think about braking earlier / harder and take more care of own's car then now. Now, you can do almost anything without hard consequences.

I am for more fragile cars too
This will improve (mainly) leagues too

Anniversary! 100th post

Indeed cars are much too strong, BUT the suspension is too weak or better said sometimes soft touches totally destroys your suspension(including dmg from just driving).
So the car itself must be a LOT weaker while the suspension should be a tiny bit stronger. Compared to the car itself it is really minute adjustment, mainly because the car itself is virtually indestructible
so..... he has to stop now because his wife has food on it......

can I has translation please?
Quote from JasonJ :so..... he has to stop now because his wife has food on it......

can I has translation please?

that is the translation

more "fragile" cars
(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG