The online racing simulator
I can't make screenshots with CTRL+S
Hello! I have a problem. I can't make screenshots with CTRL+S. Can anyone tell me what's the problem
#2 - amp88
What version of LFS are you running?
Have you been able to make screenshots in the past?
Do you get any error when you press Ctrl+S in LFS chat?
Z25( I tried with Z28, but nothing)
Yes
No
Do you have bloom or any other mod that needs a modified d3d8.dll?
Maybe your Ctrl button is broken
#6 - Bean0
What OS?
What is the LFS install location?

Under Vista/7, installing into Program Files can cause some issues.
Quote from Whiskey :Do you have bloom or any other mod that needs a modified d3d8.dll?

No

My button isn't broken. I use Windows XP. My LFS location is D:....
I have windows 7 and its installed into D:\LFS, and havent had problems with it yet.
I might be pointing out the obvious, but did you know the screenshots are stored into the folder.... D:\.....\LFS\data\shots
?

Also when you press Ctrl+S you should see in the chat a message like

data\shots\lfs_00000054.bmp

it increments automatically

If you don't see that message, maybe your PC account does not have Write access to that folder. Sorry, I do not know if LFS gives an error about that.
I want to fix this problem.
I haven't any error in the game. I haven't message in the chat.
Are you using bloom addon by any chance?
If yes, there's your problem, in that case, use [printscreen] instead.
Quote from Ndrew :Are you using bloom addon by any chance?

Could you read before posting??
Quote from krkriv :I want to fix this problem.
I haven't any error in the game. I haven't message in the chat.

I've even tried corrupting the cfg.txt file were is stores the current shot number. LFS repairs that line so you have really got something weird.

If it were me, and you may not be bothered to do this...

Re-install a fresh Demo version of Z28 somewhere else on your drive. Maybe a folder Called LFS1 or something. See if Ctrl+S works with it. If it does, unlock it, re-install all your mods/textures/settings/setups one by one testing ctrl+S works each time you add new things. Eventually you might stumble upon the problem causing it. If not, then delete the corrupted version of LFS and continue using the newer/fixed one.
I tried with new clean version and new directory. But... nothing
Screenshot.. Lol :P
To use screenshot press: Prtsc In up to your computer.
SysRq
The quality depends on the way you save it. If you do it in MS Paint JPG, it will be in a bad quality, yes.
PrintScreen should actually give you the best quality you can get, problem is that you have to save each screenshot manually or you will lose it. You can use Fraps to capture screenshots if you can't get CTRL+S working. By a chance, is there any background app running on your PC that might also use CTRL+S keystroke?
Quote from MadCatX :PrintScreen should actually give you the best quality you can get, problem is that you have to save each screenshot manually or you will lose it. You can use Fraps to capture screenshots if you can't get CTRL+S working. By a chance, is there any background app running on your PC that might also use CTRL+S keystroke?

Nope. I save it with .jpg format. I'll try with .png or .bmp
Yes... Try .png, because png and I think .raw (correct me if I'm wrong) are loseless picture formats, so the quality will be same as in game.
Ok, now screenshots aren't my problem. But when i make a klip, it's very dark. The weather is Sunny
Anybody?
Whole shot is dark or only some spots?
Clip/Shot is dark.

I can't make screenshots with CTRL+S
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG