The online racing simulator
Urgent help need with G25
(12 posts, started )
Ok. ive searched around and done everything every thread says. but cut to the scene.
my clutch on my g25 is dodgey. on the game controllers and profiler, the clutch works fine, i press it right down and it works nicely. but in lfs theres about a 30% deadzone at the end of the clutch. ive calibrated it. plugged it out then in again. reinstalled lfs and i have no idea what to do.
Yes, (un)fortunately it's a game feature. I want it to be fixed or removed, though.
do other people have the same problem?
I just checked on my LFS and yes there is a bit of a dead spot at the bottom range of the clutch. Just a game feature since that hasnt happened to me in any other racing game.
i hope it is fixed soon. it bugs me so much
Quote from -=SB=- :i hope it is fixed soon. it bugs me so much

What exactly? I fail to see the problem
Download DXTweak and play around with the axis. That's what I used to "fix" the clutch when I was using one.
Quote from mrodgers :Download DXTweak and play around with the axis. That's what I used to "fix" the clutch when I was using one.

Whatever it is you want to fix, DXTweak is probably unnecessary. The profiler itself allows adjusting sensitivity, deadzone and range. Just click the clutch pedal in profiler, select "Axis properties" and there you go
well what bugs me about it is that you have to bring you foot back about an inch and a half before lfs picks up the movment
^My clutch in my car (RL) works the same way, the clutch doesn't engage until about 1/4 of the way out. Not sure if that is what you are referring to.
There is a super easy way to setup your clutch so it only uses the amount of pedal you require.

start LFS with the wheel plugged in, go to options controllers, then click on axis/ff

now push the clutch pedal to the floor and hold it there, then click recalibrate axis, now pump the gas and brake and rotate the wheel lock to lock, all the time keeping the clutch fully pressed down, then just release the clutch a tiny bit (as much as you require watch the axis bar display) then push it back down again, you now need to click "lock" before letting your foot off the clutch.

Thats it take out your fav car and test it

This works well for me and I don't use the logi profiller, You might need to do this each time you start LFS, try it

SD.
Quote from -=SB=- :well what bugs me about it is that you have to bring you foot back about an inch and a half before lfs picks up the movment

Quote from mhartma5 :^My clutch in my car (RL) works the same way, the clutch doesn't engage until about 1/4 of the way out. Not sure if that is what you are referring to.

Yes because that's how a clutch works, the clutch disk is pushed onto or pulled from the flywheel. Obviously you only get movement when there is friction. LFS simply adjusts the clutch axis to simulate the pedal travel of a real clutch pedal, with great success in my opinion. Just think of it as a different car, because all cars feel a little different, after all there's quite a bit to adjust about the clutch that would affect the pedal feel

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG