The online racing simulator
Will this void my warranty?
(21 posts, started )
Ive been searching everywhere and cant find an answer on this posted anywhere on the net, i want to change the back of my iphone from the black cover to the white one but dont know whether removing the actual back of the phone voids the warranty
Quote from trebor901 :Ive been searching everywhere and cant find an answer on this posted anywhere on the net, i want to change the back of my iphone from the black cover to the white one but dont know whether removing the actual back of the phone voids the warranty

Ask the store where you bought it maybe?
i would if i could get there but i cant, the reason i posted here is because people on here are normally pretty good with stuff like this
Im pretty sure it would, since ur opening up the device?
#5 - VoiD
Thrust me, I will do no harm.
#6 - Mysho
Quote from VoiD :Thrust me, I will do no harm.

Was waiting when you'll show up here.
Quote from lukelfs :Im pretty sure it would, since ur opening up the device?

yeah thats what i thought but what if you needed to put a new battery in? unless i take it to O2 and get them to put the new back on it or an Apple store
Plus if anything were to go wrong with the phone at any time then surely if you simply swapped the cover back to the original one then nobody would know anyway?
#10 - Jakg
Quote from trebor901 :yeah thats what i thought but what if you needed to put a new battery in? unless i take it to O2 and get them to put the new back on it or an Apple store

Seeing as the battery is soldered in and non-user-replaceable, no.
Quote from trebor901 :i would if i could get there but i cant, the reason i posted here is because people on here are normally pretty good with stuff like this

Call them on a telephone...
Telepohone? What is this thing you speak of?
You mean to tell me, i can dial numbers with this music playing, math calculating, video playing device? and TALK to real people?
No, you can't obviously orelse he would have done this.
If the iPhone is anything like the iPod (I'm almost certain it is) In order to replace the battery, you need to send it in to have it serviced. In this event, after they receive your phone, they will send you a refurbished one, fix the phone you sent in, then give it out or sell it as refurbished.

Was interested in replacing the bat in my iPod before I broke it, so I looked it up.

I'm not exactly sure of this, but with the way Apple seems to completely seal everything off to people who don't have tools, it seems even taking off the cover might void the warranty.

Just my 2 cents. Great.... Now I need to work 2 days of over time because of posting...
If the cover is just a cover, it won't void the warranty.

For example, if I would take the cover off of my phone, it's just a piece of plastic.
When there are screws needed or there's something inside that piece of plastic, I wouldn't do it.
how did i put a police sirane i lfs???
Quote from BlakjeKaas :If the cover is just a cover, it won't void the warranty.

For example, if I would take the cover off of my phone, it's just a piece of plastic.
When there are screws needed or there's something inside that piece of plastic, I wouldn't do it.

If u look at the link i posted, its not a simple cover like most phones, theres no real way of opening it without prying the back off, which contains most of the devices components i believe
that made me laugh seen that everything is basically in the back of the phone, i hate it when companies try to stop you from modifying their products even with official apple stuff which the white back is
i would but it looks stupid like that lol and makes it even bigger than it already is lol

(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG