The online racing simulator
Games for a Non-Gaming Notebook?
(43 posts, started )
So, let's see if you guys can help me out!
I'm leaving on monday to the beach, and want to put into my notebook (lenovo n500) some games to kill time when I'm not in the water. As it's not a gaming notebook, could you recommend some games to play with? Nothing too modern or consuming. I already have GeneRally and N: The path of the Ninja.
I'm up for some platformers, racing games, first and third person shooters. Don't have to be new or anything, just fun!
(btw, I'm more of a mature gamer, so realistic games are a plus! No sims tho, as I won't have the wheel with me, and remember, no internet = MUST HAVE single player support)
(also, I'm looking for my old Call of Duty cd's, when I get them I'll let you know how it handles, to have an idea.)

Thanks in Advance!
Maybe Mafia and Max Payne (the first one), if you hadn't played them... Mafia is a MUST..
Also, Rainbow Six 3 and Athena Sword.. don't know if that Notebook can play them..
Diablo II

I'm sorry. But if you havent yet completed or let alone played Mafia, then you fail. Epicly.

But yeah.
Sega Rally (the 90's versions).

Why not take an emulator and some roms with you.
I've seen SWAT4 play smoothly on some lowish-spec laptops before
Quote :Maybe Mafia and Max Payne

Finished Max Payne, never played Mafia, might check it.

Quote :Also, Rainbow Six 3 and Athena Sword

Thought about this one, but teammate's retardness is killing it for me.

Quote :I'm sorry. But if you havent yet completed or let alone played Mafia, then you fail. Epicly.

Whoops?

Quote :Why not take an emulator and some roms with you

Part of the plan, haven't done it yet tho.

Quote :I've seen SWAT4 play smoothly on some lowish-spec laptops before

See Rainbow Six 3, same thing... this games are made for co-op I guess
(also, Original Ghost Recon)

SO, will check Mafia then! Keep em' coming!
Thanks!

Edit: May I ask for some Mafia storyline background? no spoilers, but to get the idea of the game.
bah, take some classics - you can't lose.
Fallout 2 with the restoration mod could do nicely. KOTOR if you haven't yet played it also is a good choice.

Quote from Racer556 :Edit: May I ask for some Mafia storyline background? no spoilers, but to get the idea of the game.

You're a taxi driver who helped one mafia family members to get away from another mafia family members. some time passed you're found by the "other mafia family members" so you run to the guys you helped. They offer you a job, you accept... that's the synopsis... but I must warn you that game did not age well... and I mean VERY VERY not well...
counter strike 1.6??
half life?
As some of the guys said: MAFIA. The story is as good as a good movie

The original Ghost Recon, Manhunt, Manhunt 2, Rune, Commandos series, Scarface...
Quote from Racer556 :Finished Max Payne, never played Mafia, might check it.

Don't might check it, DEFINATELY check it, that's an order officer!
Mafia II is also on the horizont, so it's the right time to play the first now.. It's an absolute masterpiece..
Indeed.

I have always said it; Someone needs to make a movie out of it.

It is the only game that has made me really really emotional at the end. Its just quite simply epic.
It's a shame that (probably) the second one won't have anything to do with the first one, i would like them to be connected in some way...
-
(DevilDare) DELETED by DevilDare
ok guys, just tested CoD on the notebook... it runs ok, not maxed, but playable indeed. Just added Lt. Speirs realism mod and that'll do the trick

Quote :Fallout 2 with the restoration mod could do nicely. KOTOR if you haven't yet played it also is a good choice.

Never liked RPG's, but I will check them, just for the heck of it.

Quote :but I must warn you that game did not age well... and I mean VERY VERY not well...

What do you exactly mean? That I might get compatibility problems or such? Or that it's way too arcaic?

Quote :counter strike 1.6??

As I said, no multiplayer!!!

Quote :Don't might check it, DEFINATELY check it

I'll start looking for it I guess, specially because I haven't played it, so something new will be much more entertaining than CoD, wich I finished with it's expansion.

Quote :It is the only game that has made me really really emotional at the end. Its just quite simply epic.

Games like that are priceless.

Edit: I'll finish with Mafia tomorrow, because it comes in two parts.
Edit2: Just thought about NFS: Porsche Unleashed!
How about Quake II? Half decent single player and it only need the processing power of calculator to run.
Plants vs Zombies!!!
Minesweeper.
Generally
you can get a bot mod for cs1.6.
Formula One Manager (as in the DICE one)? Almost ten years old and not very famous, but quite amusing if you want a Ricardo Zonta/Tora Takagi dream team. Setups are a little oversimplified, but apart from that it's quite indepth and hard as nails.
Quote :How about Quake II? Half decent single player and it only need the processing power of calculator to run.

nahh, finished it.

Quote :Plants vs Zombies!!!

Didn't like it.

Quote :Generally

Read first post, already in =)

Quote :you can get a bot mod for cs1.6

I would rather go for games meant for single player. I could get BF1942 too, but bots are not ok.

So, I tested NFS5 and Mafia, both working! =D
Thanks everyone, if anyone has another idea pls tell me!

(Also just thought about it! Crimson Skies)
Will say it again. Diablo II.
Some old aventuere games maybe? I can recommend:
* Loom (quite easy with nice story almost an interactive fairytale)
* Zak McKracken and the alien mind benders (epic in the true sense since its very long and very hard which makes it take forever to complete)

Some classics in an emulator, NeoGeo and SNES games are nice.

And Starcraft, custom maps against AI again and again and again and again.
try command and conquer tiberium wars.

theres a game sort of like NFS but with damage and doesnt take up much space or proccesor so it should run fine.

its called Street Legal Racing Redline.

i had the demo for a while and i liked it but not sure if you would.

theres also tons of downloads for it.

(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG