The online racing simulator
Wow, thanks for taking up the challenge Ryan

I did download the demo version of 3DMax myself a while ago, but, due to the fact i'm a complete numb nuts when it comes to all things computer'ish, all i could do was press buttons and see what happened . I couldnt even get the skin on the car, lol, so i know how difficult it is to render even the simplest things, so, well done.

I really don't mean to be critical (coz it's about 15 trillion times better than anything i could do), but, i do have a question about the overall colour, it seems a bit washed out ?, ive included a pic of how it looks ingame, and, both the red and the gold colours seem much deeper than in the render, or is that how 3DMax see's them ? (i've just noticed the chrome exhaust, MMmmm me likes that )

Anyway, i really appreciate all your hard work, and you now have my undying gratitude (unfortunately, if you knew me then you'd realise that's not actually worth that much lol,) but all these extra things you computer wizz kids do, prove's to me that the LFS community is one of the best there is !

Thanks again Bud (if i ever see you out on track, i'll make a point of slowing down and letting you past

Mazz

[edit to post below] ahhh Shellac, yes i know her well, used to date her sister yunno !, right little goer, she used to do this thing with.......*cough* ....erm.....yes... ok !
Cheers
I'm actually trying to fix the fade now, I believe it's something to do with using Shellac

Edit to post above : :ices_rofl

Edit 2 : Ok it's getting there, may improve on it later but for now I'm happy
Attached images
LX4_Render_4.jpg
A few renders, all of them late

Edit: Added a quick edit of one, just cos I was bored
Attached images
silc_fox.jpg
silc_fxo.jpg
silc_xfr.jpg
lx4 gold leaf.jpg
lx4 gold leaf drawing.jpg
Quote from Mazz4200 :

I really don't mean to be critical (coz it's about 15 trillion times better than anything i could do), but, i do have a question about the overall colour, it seems a bit washed out?

A little bit of photoshop fairy dust helps

I'd would have replaced the wheels [which really needs doing] but I have to go out boozing. It's a tough decision I know... sit in front of the pc or go to the pub...

Anyway I'll photoshop some other wheels into it another day if I get a chance...
Edited my own in PS to clear up some of the rough edges.. I'm quite happy

As for the wheels, I would agree about all of the cars except for the LX's. The wheels suit it

Edit : Tristan if you're so bored go on MSN, I need to borrow your brain for a few minutes
Attached images
LX4_Render_5.jpg
Could someone render this. Make it big and with black wheels, maybe that kind of photostudio looking backround, or dark one. Thank you in advance if you bothered!
Attached images
FZR_FFhi.jpg
Quote from tristancliffe :A few renders, all of them late

Edit: Added a quick edit of one, just cos I was bored

Thanks mate. They`re awesome. Yeah it took time, but it was worth it.
Quote from Blackout :Could someone render this. Make it big and with black wheels, maybe that kind of photostudio looking backround, or dark one. Thank you in advance if you bothered!

Hope this is ok
Attached images
FZR_FlyingFinn.jpg
Mmm, I dont want to be difficult but that would be great without that carbon and without tinted windows. And with some more light, now it looks like in viewer without lighting, because its the light or lack of it which makes all pictures interesting
I hope by light you meant it's too dark.. If you wanted reflections then I'll have to have yet another go
Attached images
FZR_FlyingFinn2.jpg
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Render my skins.
Attached images
XFR_BriSCA STOX1.jpg
FOX_brisca.jpg
Quote from Ryanry64 :I hope by light you meant it's too dark.. If you wanted reflections then I'll have to have yet another go

Yeah, he meant refleactions and details...

The second one is now too bright, and the car has, apparently, no glass. And those wheels are horrid - no way would a racing car have them with so little material around the wheel nuts.

Keep plugging away Munko, you'll get there in the end.
Thing is to get my glass to look anything better than tinted glass, I had to change the plane to give reflections/refractions, this in turn made the whole side of the car go pure white.

Which I had to get around by removing the falloff reflections. As for the wheels? Turbosquid only has so many free models available and I'm not really keen on the default ones.

If you can tell me a way to get around these problems then I want to hear it

Edit : fixed the brightness of the side, but my glass still turns almost black for seemingly no reason
Yes, reflections and bit more shine. And everything else what tristan said. Feels bad to give all these wise advises, rendering is hard.
Hey guys, maybe a stupid question but anyway..
Is it possible to render a LFS car on ze Nordschleife ? I think I saw Ian do a few but I'm not sure if these were actual renders or not

Thanks in advance
hey can someone render this car for me

there's not much on the car, but i have a 240sx in real life and i want to get it panted just like the one in the pic. so i render pic would be great cause then i can go to a pant shop and show them how i want it too look like
Attached images
my-monster.jpg
the-monster.jpg
XRT_monster.JPG
Aura: Sorry dude, I'm an old skool IRC user.. no yahoo etc installed here

Ryan: What renderer are you using? (looking at the floor reflection, I'd guess at Vray?) If so, try lowering your GI in the renderer settings (the XRR and XRT above are both using a GI of 0.1 set to white) and I then have 2 simple Vray lights in the scene, one set to use intensity of 3.0 and the other between 5 and 6 (can't remember off hand and 3DS is currently busy). This should remove a lot of global light from your scene allowing more contrasting reflections to be added without whitewashing everything

Also check your background colour, that affects the overall light quite a bit too (I think both my above renders use a black background).

The other thing is placement of lights and distance from object, again the closer obviously the more intense the light will appear on the object. It's all experimentation though and fun.. I didn't set either of the above scenes up in 2 mins

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Michel 4AGE :Hey guys, maybe a stupid question but anyway..
Is it possible to render a LFS car on ze Nordschleife ? I think I saw Ian do a few but I'm not sure if these were actual renders or not

Thanks in advance

Nah they weren't renders Mike.. but leave it with me sir.. I'll import a chunk of The 'Ring that's done the round for most sims (current update by Stoney don't look bad considing the source track's age and initial destination). Won't be a 5 min job as I'll have a fair few materials to sort out naturally, but I'll have a go. I'll guess the Karoussel? or somewhere else you'd like? And what car? May have to fix up one of them as I don't have many sorted for Vray yet (XRR, FXR and XRT I think.. FO8 could be done sorted in a few mins though as I've sorted the mesh out nicely for that already) but lemme know

Regards,

Ian
Appreciate the pointers Ian. I'm currently using vRay and my main light source is an omni directly above the car set to cast vray shadows. My GI is 0.2 and my background is black.

I'll be experimenting with more than one light from now on though
Hows this >
Attached images
1.jpg
No probs dude

In the ligting tab, if you drop down the small combo box, you should see a 'Vray Light' option. You can then create large rectangular light planes for example (same as a reflection plane in brazil) but you'll be able to control intensity etc direct from the modify rollout over on the right as normal rather than having to mess about with output RGB values etc

Have a look at this tute which explains all of this in more detail with images and info on subdivs etc (render quality setting will also affect the transparecy of your glass materials too.. I spent ages originally wondering WTF my windows were almost black even though I'd made them almost 100% transparent in the material. Once i swapped over to my "final" render settings, voila! they looked like glass again and could easily see through them. Again check the quality info etc on that tute page too. Both my scenes here are modified versions of that tute

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Michel 4AGE :Karrussel I or II , maybe Flugplatz..that's up to you
This is the skin: (Big thanks and thumbs up to Teaz-R)
http://www.jpc-board.nl/FZR_edogt2.jpg

This is the actual car in real life:
http://www.jpc-board.nl/EDO_993.jpg
http://www.jpc-board.nl/EdoPorsche.JPG
http://www.jpc-board.nl/EdoPorsche1.JPG

Thanks in advance

Cool! and no probs.. I'll see what I can sort out

I don't have the FZR setup nicely yet, but a car I was planning to do pretty soon anyway. I like that design too, should look pretty sweet if I can make a good job of the scene

Regards,

Ian
My quality is good, I was just an idiot with the glass.

Car glass should not have an IOR of 1.6, all you see is the dark cockpit therefore creating the illusion of tinted windows
I like that very much danowat, thanks
But keep on trying Ryan

Oh btw, is it possible to do a one with dark backround and lights lighting the car out of the darkness, like spotlights? You know, because darkness is allways sexy :P But that itself made a very nice desktop for me

Render My Skin
(9831 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG