The online racing simulator
LFS interest poll
(29 posts, started )

Poll : Whats your level of involvement with LFS?

Public racing just for fun every now and then
Hardly any interest, just visiting the forums every now and then to see whats up
Occasional league racer, once or twice per month, non visitor of public servers
Addict - going online every day and community involved
Loving the concept but bored to death, never going online
Both public and league racing on a regular basis
Heavily involved (team, league admining, programming), but hardly or never racing
Lost all faith
Never going online, just forum addict
Hardcore league racer - only interested in doing MoE, IGTC or alike
Public racing, almost daily
LFS interest poll
Hey,

Just curious about the overall status of the community, this isnt a gimme-the-patch or LFS is slow! thread, I was bored at work and felt curious about how people deals with LFS these days

EDIT: Damn it, wanted to make the poll public, can a mod change this please?
#3 - e.M
another complaining thread! +1
Cant see where the complaint is
#6 - e.M
its not in the open but its here ofcourse unless you are planning on releasing a new league or a public server otherwise this poll is useless and only purpouse is to try to show devs how everybody has lost fate
I do 2 or 3 leagues but bored shitless
Heavily involved (team, league admining, programming), but hardly or never racing
No option in the poll for me. I rarely go online other than to spectate races, but am still hopelessly addicted to the game. I'm actually about to open up a few servers mainly focusing on the LX cars... Something I've wanted to do for a couple years now.

Its sort of like the PC game Civilization... While I may move on to other games for a bit, it's never un-installed and I always try to get in a few hours a week no matter how hectic things are. I don't think I'll ever get tired of the game, the community on the other hand...
I'm lost and faith bacause of my bad racing / drifting skills.
But still online sometimes - just for fun on public servers.
I´m just fine.
Quote from e.M :its not in the open but its here ofcourse unless you are planning on releasing a new league or a public server otherwise this poll is useless and only purpouse is to try to show devs how everybody has lost fate

Well not really, so far 80 users have voted and only 27 are in the first three options which would be the negative side of the community, the rest are either happy with it or actively involved, which is obviously a good thing.

Looking bright for the devs so far, as much as it can be a surprise looking at the amount of grief here in the forums lately.
Quote from JPeace :well, to be honest, many people saying LFS is "dead", it isnt, just a new generation of players have come through. casting the illusion that all the good older players have left the game and noone plays anymore. people do play, just not the same ones as 5 years ago.

http://www.spdoracing.com/satellite over 20,000 players a week is far from dead - compare it to iRacing
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :I do 2 or 3 leagues but bored shitless

I think that explains how many of us feel,

And enjoying it!
To put this in perspecitve, how would the poll be much different if it was about any racing game, old or new? I'm wondering how many players have diminished interest in racing games, or gaming in general (other than first person shooters which continues to attract new players).

A bit off topic, but since not much else is going on these days at LFS:

For a lot of older players like myself LFS has become a living legacy, and it should have been obvious that progress was going to be slow with a 3 person team. 2009 was particularly bad because of the tire physics redo. I've always thought that 3 people was just too small for something as complicated at LFS in it's current state.

The next smallest racing game development team I'm aware of is Synetic, just 8 people, but it's just large enough that they managed to make a series of games, with the two most popular being Mercedes Benz World Racing, and the sequel World Racing 2. I show 664 downloads for a WR2 savegame during January 2010, so there are some significant numbers of fans for these older and niche market games. Since WR2, the series is mostly popular in Germany, related to some television series called Alarm for Cobra.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synetic_GmbH
Public racing, almost daily

When the server is "good"
Quote from rediske :Never going online, just forum addict

Racername: rediske

You little devil, you'd better stop posting
I voted never online just forum addict. I voted as the closest to me but not quite. I spend more time on here than actually playing LFS but i fancied a few races the other night and picked it up and enjoy myself. So I am more "online rarely but forum addict"
Hardly any interest, just visiting the forums every now and then to see whats up.
The guys that got me into online, have moved on to Iracing. So I've move to NetKar, and will not pay for Iracing.
Hardly any interest, just visiting the forums every now and then to see whats up.
Never going online, just forum addict.
Loving the concept but bored to death, never going online.

LFS interest poll
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG