The online racing simulator
Hey Boekanier, nice to see you're still producing brilliant renders, you rendered a skin of mine a long time ago. I was wondering if you could render another for me? I like the black marble looking floor scene you have, I'd also like black wheels if possible? to go with the skin colour.

Thanks in advance.
Attached images
XRT_EVILGREEN.png
Hi Pox3d,

Sorry, but at the moment I am busy with making a new scene.
here's a taster.

i'am still playing with the lights.

Attached images
garage-100.jpg
hello
What is the mainspring to render??
I I use mental ray
Hi Cayenne,

This one is with v-ray.
actually thats very nice. i still wonder how i should make an outside scene,i have roads, plants,skies,but how the hell could i make the ground? cant leave that white,and if i put 3d grass thats gonna be 100 trillion polies and a year to render oh well didnt touch 3ds max for 3 months now,but i might just on weekend
Those garages look familiar .
i know...

You were wondering what I going to do.
I hope that you like.

I'm still not happy, but it's a start.
Quote from e2mustang :actually thats very nice. i still wonder how i should make an outside scene,i have roads, plants,skies,but how the hell could i make the ground? cant leave that white,and if i put 3d grass thats gonna be 100 trillion polies and a year to render oh well didnt touch 3ds max for 3 months now,but i might just on weekend

Hi Mustang,

use google

http://www.republicofcode.com/tutorials/3ds/grassfield/

i'ts a start.

Yes it cost a lot of render time.
the more you put in your scene the longer it cost to render
the most of my scene, time to render is 8 to 10 hours.
thanks man! i will try it. looks better than i would do. i have a grass model which is lets say 20x20 cm and it has lot of modeled grass piece on it,than if i duplicate like 10 times my program crashes too many polies. but this rly looks promising
Quote from Boekanier : i know...

You were wondering what I going to do.
I hope that you like.

I'm still not happy, but it's a start.

You sent me a PM a while back asking about garages didn't you?

I thought you was on about the 1 that every body has been using.

I like what you did to them though, can't wait to see it finished.
Quote from e2mustang :thanks man! i will try it. looks better than i would do. i have a grass model which is lets say 20x20 cm and it has lot of modeled grass piece on it,than if i duplicate like 10 times my program crashes too many polies. but this rly looks promising

Use hair strands instead if you can. Will look better and will not be as as intensive - but dont ask about rendertimes though

Another problem with poly grass is that u'd need a shitload of them to make it look good - depends on how much grass you will need to have, ofcause.

Look at this: http://www.fileguru.com/images ... op_screen_savers-219.jpeg - lots of polys, but doesn't look convinsing.

vs fair/fur:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com ... 54085390_ed0ce5d59b_o.jpg

If you cant render hair/fur, then I'd recommend to only place poly grass along edges, and bit here and there on the actual field, and use texture on the field. Can often look better than poly only grass.
hmm i never tried fur,i might give it a go sometime.

i have this grass looks very good,tho it kills teh pc no matter how good it is
or pehaps i should get 4 gig more memory?
Attached images
grass.jpg
Quote from e2mustang :hmm i never tried fur,i might give it a go sometime.

i have this grass looks very good,tho it kills teh pc no matter how good it is
or pehaps i should get 4 gig more memory?

Yah, give hair/fur a try and see how it works out for you - there is also the option of instancing poly grass. That is much more memory efficient and faster (when rendering) way of doing it, than having unique duplicates of the grass patch.

4GB will most defenately help - not just in this case, but for 3D in general. One thing you do not want is to have the PC swapping while rendering. What would take 1 hour might take 10 while swapping.
i got 4 gb ddr3 12800 kingston hyperx,i thought its gonna be enough,it is enough tho,but i might buy a set again. it wont hurt right? btw i dont even know now how to start on fur.

and bok. u know how to add fog to glass? i dont know. see the pic. left is xenon lens i played with settings,middle is just brazil glass wit def.settings.
Attached images
xenon test.jpg
Quote from e2mustang :i got 4 gb ddr3 12800 kingston hyperx,i thought its gonna be enough,it is enough tho,but i might buy a set again. it wont hurt right? btw i dont even know now how to start on fur.

You should be all set then. I thought you didn't have 4GB in total at all - and if it's not enough for your scenes then "ur doing it wrong"
Quote from Boekanier :Hi Pox3d,

Sorry, but at the moment I am busy with making a new scene.
here's a taster.

i'am still playing with the lights.

Sweet, I think there is something familiar with the scene

Lighting looks good, but I guess you wan't it perfect as always
Quote from =Wolf=[NO] :Sweet, I think there is something familiar with the scene

Lighting looks good, but I guess you wan't it perfect as always

Lol, you're right,

you asked for a night rendering.
and I'm working on now

and yes he should be perfect.
I'm almost there, there is still an error.
I do like what you did with my garages, did you keep the cars from the scene?

I recognise the wheels that Wayne (Beefyman) sent to me for the FXO.
Quote from LineR32 :I do like what you did with my garages, did you keep the cars from the scene?

I recognise the wheels that Wayne (can't remember his username) sent to me for the FXO.

You're right they are the same cars I've used
Has he made the FXO pick-up
i like it a lot.
The pickup was made by one of the Design Dudes members I think.
finally after much wrestling, I am by how it works with the light.

Attached images
garage-102.jpg
Quote from Boekanier :finally after much wrestling, I am by how it works with the light.

Very nice
I agree.
Thank you both

some nice renders from the Boekanier
(659 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG