The online racing simulator
The rear looks very interesting indeed.

Nice to see button with his original helmet design, though I did like his Brawn GP helmet.
Interesting. I love it how it looks, just the shark fin that brings it down.... Oh well, as long as it is fast I dont care.
I like the looks of the McLaren. It reminds me of something that Darth Vader would drive for some reason.

*Cue Imperial March*
Oh no! They look the same! Another Spygate!!!!!!1111one111eleven!!!*

*sarcasm
How do they?

Dont worry. Somehow I missed "sarcasm". :P
I just think the cars look INSTANTLY better without the stupid wheel covers.
amen.
I'm starting the like the McLaren the more I look at it.
Aww that new McLaren is just pure sexyness. Like a breadvan.
Looking at how high up the driver is compared to the ferrari i think McLaren have moved the oil or fuel tank under the driver, whereas other teams probably moved the oil tank to the gearbox area. That would explain the tiny rear end.
Quote from BenjiMC :Looking at how high up the driver is compared to the ferrari i think McLaren have moved the oil or fuel tank under the driver, whereas other teams probably moved the oil tank to the gearbox area. That would explain the tiny rear end.

I doubt that to be honest.

The height difference is due to different the foreshortening of the photos - the McLaren pic was taken with a much wider lens (or less zoom).

The driver is a substantial 'structure' in the car, and getting it low is important in terms of CoG height, aerodynamics, engine power (airbox entry). It would make much more sense to keep the oil tank between the engine and gearbox, but expand it. Even moving it to the back would be a bit odd, unless it helps with the CoG movement and balance change of a falling fuel load (which I doubt).
Thats what i was thinking but i didn't consider it could be down to the lense
I'm wondering if a longer, lower car might actually benefit Button over Hamilton. Sounds like it wouldn't be too well suited to bouncing over kerbs and oversteering on entry.

I suppose we'll see in a couple of months.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I'm wondering if a longer, lower car might actually benefit Button over Hamilton. Sounds like it wouldn't be too well suited to bouncing over kerbs and oversteering on entry.

I suppose we'll see in a couple of months.

Lower car as in ride hight would hinder kerb jumping, but a lower car as in centre of gravity would improve kerb jumping.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I'm wondering if a longer, lower car might actually benefit Button over Hamilton. Sounds like it wouldn't be too well suited to bouncing over kerbs and oversteering on entry.

Whaaat?! I thought Button was king of oversteer. He uses it to scare other drivers to let him pass.
Quote from Kalev EST :Whaaat?! I thought Button was king of oversteer. He uses it to scare other drivers to let him pass.

Oh gahd, why did he have to say that? Made me cringe. :doh:
Quote from 5haz :Oh gahd, why did he have to say that? Made me cringe. :doh:

Me too.... it's the fail of all race driver interview fails. Even if he was joking, it looked like he was serious so he just seems like a nob either way.
Wow this is a surprise!! The rear looks really innovative. Still not happy about the extra long wheelbase but meh~ This is the best looking car until the RB6 comes out!!
The wheelbases of the cars this year have gotten insanely longer then last year due to the extra fuel tank.

Formula One Season 2010
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG