The online racing simulator

Allegedly the new Renault.

Thats better.

Quote from ChiliFan :the new Renault.

That just looks like they've skinned the car with completely the wrong template. :doh:
Thats definately an R29, retro skinnage looks cool though :P
Quote from ChiliFan :

haha I love this livery. It´s so Bruce Lee like.

Quote from ChiliFan :

My headache has just got worse looking at that!

Gotta admit I do love the more cleaner lines of the early/mid 90s F1 cars, especially the Ferraris as they tended to have fairly uncluttered liveries compared to the opposition so you could appreciate the shapes of the car better.
look at the front of the Williams. Does anyone else see a tiny hammerhead shark thing on the front? or is it just my imagination?

tbh I'm loving the clean lines on the new cars, the front and rear wing just need to be more balanced. But I can get past that because the lines are so much cleaner than in the recent past.
You all should know by now that the McLaren is always the best looking car on the gird, hope they make a better looking version this year... anyway there car launch is tomorrow around 11UTC.

http://carlaunch.mclaren.com/
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :look at the front of the Williams. Does anyone else see a tiny hammerhead shark thing on the front? or is it just my imagination?

Eh? You mean the Bridgstone logo?
Quote from samjh :Eh? You mean the Bridgstone logo?

no the actual shape of the nose. there seem to be two little knobs sticking out, like on a hammerhead shark. Not sure if it's an optical illusion or just me or whether they really are there.
Yeah i see it, like the camera housing that is normally on the roll hoop at the top of the car but integrated into the nose. I have seen it before, i think the Red Bulls had it for 2/3 races last year.

Yeah, heres an example: http://www.formula1.com/news/technical/2009/813/673.html
ah yes I see that now. for some reason those never jumped out at me. I knew they were there I guess, but it never clicked. still, It's and interesting feature, if not original.

the williams ones seem to be on the very end of the nose though, probably why they jumped out at me.
Quote from rc10racer :You all should know by now that the McLaren is always the best looking car on the gird, hope they make a better looking version this year... anyway there car launch is tomorrow around 11UTC.

http://carlaunch.mclaren.com/

McLaren has never been the best looking car on the grid. Their livery sucks.
So basically they both ripped off the RB5...

I like the new FW32 but last year's F60 looked a billion times better.
lol @ Renault... a w t f moment.

The Williams looks pretty good to me tbh.

And thanks for link to McLaren car launch Think it won't be that different than last year. (livery)
Some pics have appeared on another forum...
Attached images
mc.jpg
dvvapxgu.jpg
presspackmain.jpg
The cars look more and more like tanks.
wow look at those mclaren side pod intakes
big shark fin too

side pods are incredible, how the hell can they shrink them that much without messing with the cooling
Damnit the McLaren looks like last years car coupled with extensive use of LSD.
Wow, new McLaren is interesting.
can't believe how tight / small the rear bodywork is, the side pods practically disappear before the rear wheels
I love the look of that McLaren actually, very aggressive... Just not sure about the shark fin.
I think it woulfd be a great car but the shark fin makes it look like utter crap.
Shark fin looks interesting, but tbh I'm not that bothered what it looks like - so long as it goes fast, who cares?

Formula One Season 2010
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG