The online racing simulator
#301 - col
Quote from rockclan :What you on about?
The Very End was just expressing his opinion, no need to attack him?

No he wasn't, he was arguing with me.
I posted a criticism of people (no names mentioned) whining about the development process. He took it personally and chose to defend whining thereby starting an argument. His riposte contained no worthwhile reasoning or logic, just a whole heap more whining.

My subsequent 'attack' was inevitable.

ON TOPIC:

I'm really looking forward to the new update. When it comes, I might even get my PC upgraded so it has enough grunt to play online again
No worry, I'v meet stronger opponents than him before

Either way, saying negative constructive critism doesn't help, aswell calling me a tool... wow, your are one damn enlighetened person I'd see. I wonder what would happend if everyone just held hands, smiled and agree'd everything was perfect?

In an development phase you need both good and bad critism, because if it's just good critism, you basically have no clue what else you can do to improve the game. A well put critism that points out flaws, questions and demands does help development in a way. Every big project uses test groups, that are going to point out flaws and things that needs to improve in a product, because they want the product to become as good as possible. Denying every comment that is critism in the negative direction is at best - ignorant.

I understand that people are tired of the same questions, but going all out apeshit calling people tool and whining bitches really is not the way doing it, and it's at best, sa said above, ignorant.
Quote from MARIUS :BBLABLA

You seem not to know much about ol' good LFS. I guess you havent seen it in the beginnings. I guess there are no needs to get 100% simulation, cause its not possible anyway. If you want more realism, put a thing on your pedals that reagates on bumps and wrecks, and It will break your leg once you hang on the wall heavily, that would add 10% to realism, if you like it so much. So i think 70% of the people here, want to have fun, and the only place you can have fun with 100% simulation is real life, where you feel the G forces pushing you in the seats, and feeling the rubber hitting the heats of asphalt, and the downforce pushes your car down to the ground, you would never belive. I guess you haven't played LFS long enough to get tired of the content in LFS, what you call enough content is 20 car (maybe 22 i dunno) and 6+1 tracks with 900+ combinations. Actually LFS DOES NEED CONTENT, 'cause anyway it will die, as its going to happen in the mean future.
100% accuracy is impossible, simply because no situation can be reproduced with 100% accuracy, not in real life and not in a computer simulation.

That's not the point, though, the point is getting as close as possible to the real thing. Sure, there are some limitations, even with very expensive and complex motion simulators, but in return a crash won't kill or injure you (although with the right motion sim, it could) and you don't have to worry about the (financial) damage and the expenses of obtaining and running several different cars.
#305 - Dac
I think a one car per race would be a good idea. Hate it when n00bs cause an accident then just re-spawn with a new car as if nothing has happened
Quote from Dac :I think a one car per race would be a good idea. Hate it when n00bs cause an accident then just re-spawn with a new car as if nothing has happened

We already have this as an admin option, it's called turning off mid race join.
Quote from menantoll :We already have this as an admin option, it's called turning off mid race join.

In combination with reset off
Still, without a proper damage model, particularly drive train and engine damage, we will continue to see vehicles competing quite well when they should actually be totaled.
You still can actually do 1.33s with an XFG half as wide as it would be..
Quote from The Very End :In an development phase you need both good and bad critism, because if it's just good critism, you basically have no clue what else you can do to improve the game. A well put critism that points out flaws, questions and demands does help development in a way. Every big project uses test groups, that are going to point out flaws and things that needs to improve in a product, because they want the product to become as good as possible. Denying every comment that is critism in the negative direction is at best - ignorant.

That is almost the same that col has said.
Quote from fab_iceman_67 :Why moving on rFactor or iRacing ? I'm pretty sure that you don't drive on any combo (940 combos in this game : that's ... A LOT !!)
So for waiting I sugges you to drive on a combo u never done before and try to approch 103% WR

dude they are boring, almost every combo needs the same line for example, TBO's GTR's etc.
#311 - col
Quote from The Very End :

A well put critism that points out flaws, questions and demands does help development in a way.

true up to the point where you add 'demands' to the list. demands have no place in constructive criticism.
Unfortunately, the whiners here seem to make a lot of demands.
Quote :

Every big project uses test groups, that are going to point out flaws and things that needs to improve in a product, because they want the product to become as good as possible. Denying every comment that is critism in the negative direction is at best - ignorant.

It might be foolhardy (although it's not what is happening here anyway anyway), but it's not ignorant. Ignorance is a lack of knowledge.
Here is an example sentence with the correct usage of the word:
"The Very Ends assertion that constant repetition of the same demands is equivalent to constructive criticism highlights his ignorance."
Quote :

I understand that people are tired of the same questions, but going all out apeshit calling people tool and whining bitches really is not the way doing it, and it's at best, sa said above, ignorant.

It's not the right way of doing what exactly ?
And in what way is it ignorant ?
It's ignorant just listening to the "good" or "positive" replies.
Ignorence doesn't mean lack of knowlege allways, it is to ignore everything you don't agree on / don't aknowlege other's opinion no matter how well they put it.

The right way is to either tell them how things are in a civilized matter, or ignore them. That's what's best to do, ignore the full-blood-whining kids that will moan no matter what. But those who actually mange to put togheter a somewhat reasonable post, question the development without just going on a rant, should be taken serious and not just stated as whining and similar statements.

I think LFS has great things, but what it needs is propper communication. Sure, if there are no updates there wouldn't be much of interest to tell, but I am sure something is better than nothing, and some people just need to confirmation that things are still going around.

What I tries to get an confirmation about is this : Are there more tracks and cars in development than the Scirocco and Rockingham? If not - how can you justify 5 years of work on one more SO config, updated Blackwood and a AS layout (IIRC) ?
Quote from The Very End : Are there more tracks and cars in development than the Scirocco and Rockingham? If not - how can you justify 5 years of work on one more SO config, updated Blackwood and a AS layout (IIRC) ?

wellll......now that i remember a cirtain time in that cirtain server, i might know a little bit more then everybody else :hide:

*cough*pm for details, but dont flame if i end up being wrong because i saw what i saw and am not sure if it is accurate*cough* :dunce: :dopey:

oh yeah, and TVE:1 COL:0
#314 - col
Quote from The Very End :It's ignorant just listening to the "good" or "positive" replies.
Ignorence doesn't mean lack of knowlege allways, it is to ignore everything you don't agree on / don't aknowlege other's opinion no matter how well they put it.

proving your ignorance again TVE

ig⋅no⋅rant
1.lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man.
2.lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics.
3.uninformed; unaware.
4.due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement.

=======================

Choosing to ignore might be foolish, but it would be an informed choice, and therefore not ignorance.
Quote :

The right way is to either tell them ..... blah blah u-turn blah ....

What I tries to get an confirmation about is this : Are there more tracks and cars in development than the Scirocco and Rockingham? If not - how can you justify 5 years of work on one more SO config, updated Blackwood and a AS layout (IIRC) ?

And it sounds like WHINING every time you repeat the same old same old.
Get it into your ignorant(yes we've proven that) skull, repeatedly asking (more like demanding in your case: "how can you justify" etc.) for details of content that's in development and that may not make it to public release is FUTILE.

Scawen learned his lesson and has told us that information like this will not be announced. He has also stated that they won't change the way they work.
So repeating a variation on any of the following is pointless whining:
"Tell us what's coming or I'll leave"
"Tell us what's coming or you're rubbish" (what you've just said)
"Change the way you work or you're rubbish"
"Change the way you work or others will leave"
"Do what I say or LFS will die"
"Hire more programmers or I'll whine even more and throw my toys out of the pram"
This is just a selection.

If you repeat a version of one of these, or something similar, here, then you deserve to be called "Whining Bitch".
If you defend others who do, then IMO, you are a tool.

cheers

Col
Ignorance can be used, and are often used by people in the meaning of a man that completely ignores other people opinion and clearly thinks everything else than his own thoughts are wrong.
Sure, might not have a fancy Wiki link for that, or scientistic proves or even something to back up that statement, but I'll rest my case.

Either way, what exactly does this proves in this discussion? It proves that you ran out of arguments and therfor moved the discussion from LFS over to pointing out flaws in your oponent. It's a risking tactic, and it might pay off, or you'll end up looking like an idiot.
please just hug

il pay for your beers
I know, if I don't want to see so much offtopic in this thread, I needn't open the thread. But I am really looking forward to the new patch for a reason (except others), that this will probably finally cease.
Quote from logitekg25 :ill pay for your beers

Can I have a pint of the blackstuff? No I don't mean Bovril

On the subject of whining/tool - While I personally am not really bothered about dev speed, I can understand people who do. I do not have any objection to people raising their opinions that the development is too slow, what I do think is a whining/being a tool is when someone starts a new thread about it, at which point they deserve all the flaming they get IMO.

Now more on topic: Knowing he quality of the previously released patches I am looking forward to the updates. I think like a few people I am not to interested in the Sirocco (I prefer SS and GTR) but new tyre physics sounds good to me.
This is just speculation. I think all of the down-force cars will be rejuvenated with the new tire physics. Those cars take better advantage when using the exploits. With an exploit setup and down-force, people can keep pushing towards(never achieving) the infinite load that the tires are able to withstand and still provide grip.
Quote from legoflamb :This is just speculation. I think all of the down-force cars will be rejuvenated with the new tire physics. Those cars take better advantage when using the exploits. With an exploit setup and down-force people can keep pushing towards(never achieving) the infinite load that the tires are able to withstand and still provide grip.

I hope so. I cannot WAIT for the sensation of gaining grip with speed and having aero changes really have an impact. Plus I wonder how much more the drafting effect is going to change. I'm not so sure at the moment that grip is lost when close to the dirty air of the car in front. I certainly don't feel it much in the FOX.
That's odd, if there's one thing I DO remember about LFS, it was running close behind someone in the FOX and realizing that I was almost on ice in comparison to before I got so close to him. I was understeering into corners bigtime and at one point spun out accelerating out of a corner a few inches behind. I thought it was brilliant (not my driving :razz.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :That's odd, if there's one thing I DO remember about LFS, it was running close behind someone in the FOX and realizing that I was almost on ice in comparison to before I got so close to him. I was understeering into corners bigtime and at one point spun out accelerating out of a corner a few inches behind. I thought it was brilliant (not my driving :razz.

Hmm strange. I can be full throttle through the chicane at either AS3 or WE1 and be within a car length of the car in front and don't have a problem. Either i'm compensating without realizing (muscle memory?) or i'm just not sensitive to it. Wanna jump on a server and try it out sometime?
Wasn't there a change to slipstream physics a while back?
The effect by it were reduced yes.
Quote from The Very End :The effect by it were reduced yes.

So i'm not mad, the current effects of slipstreaming are not really noticeable?
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG