The online racing simulator
Dreams??
(94 posts, started )
Dreams??
Does anyone get any really vivid ones, as i did last night?

Everything seemed exactly as it would be on a normal day on the way home from where i work in real life, but for some reason i lived in a house in newmarket, but that was the only thing that was different to real life so probably quite a boring one by all accounts, but it just seemed SO realistic.

I havent ever been down the road where i lived in the dream in real life that i can remember but such was the realism that i honestly believe i could literally get in my car and drive there now as it was so detailed, i can remember all the turnings from the main road coming into town to where it is, i went on google maps when i got to work and all the road and street names that i glanced at in the dream where right in real life, although i dont know the actual road name of where i lived, but as i say i could drive there.

In the dream i went to bed when i got home and then the dream ended when i woke up in real life, and i had to really look around and think as for a minute or so as i wasnt quite sure where i was, what i could see around me wasnt what there when i went to sleep in my dream.

Very odd!
#2 - TiJay
I had a dream I got two speeding tickets through in the space of a week. 6 points woo! What a bitch that would be... Certainly made me take it easy when I drove today though!
?

I only have vivid nightmares. My dreams are just the cheap, generic "get up and fly to somewhere else and then waking up" ones.
Can I say I sometimes see into the future through my dreams?

Its a weird kind of Deja vu experience.

Basically I would have a dream so realistic you wouldnt know the difference. Then couple of weeks later, that event that happened in the dream happens in real life. I had a recet one.

I was talking to my mom in the living room when it struck me this has already happened. I dreamt it.

It always baffles me. It has happened way too often.

I know some people dream the past, but when I say I dream the future everyone calls me mad.
#5 - 5haz
Who knows, that could be reality, you could be in a dream now. :mischievo

Lucid dreams are cool, can't remember having any notable ones though, my dreams are usually more wierd and abstract that realistic, usually featuring places and people that I have seen lately played through an LSD filter.
I have had that dejavu thin a few times devildare, but i can never actually remember it happening in a dream or anything, i just get the feeling that i know what the other person is gonna say or do next and im usually right too, but i darent inturrupt them and say 'i know what your gonna say' as it might fook it up so they change it and then i look daft lol
Quote from DevilDare :Can I say I sometimes see into the future through my dreams?

Basically I would have a dream so realistic you wouldnt know the difference. Then couple of weeks later, that event that happened in the dream happens in real life. I had a recet one.

I was talking to my mom in the living room when it struck me this has already happened. I dreamt it.

I know some people dream the past, but when I say I dream the future everyone calls me mad.

That used to happen to me a lot, i haven't had one like that for ages though. The weirdest one of that type of dream was when i was in Primary 7 i had this dream that i just came home from a trip to Inverness with the school. My mates were all around me asking if they can see the tickets. I went into my school bag and toke out these tickets for a concert in Glasgow. Then about 3 weeks later in real life i won these tickets for sitting in the right seat for a concert in Glasgow. When we got back to school my mates all asked me if they can see the tickets just like the dream. I was freaked out and of course happy

But i get these dreams when i think am in real life and when i wake up i think i actually did those stuff. Most recent one was when i was just lying in my bed texting to my mates. Very boring dream but i do that a lot in real life. I then woke up and just went "oh no" as i can remember what i put in the text and it wasn't good for me. I basically just asked this girl out but i was going out with someone already. So i was checking my sentbox in the morning just in case it was real and i did send the text. I was scared. But for some reason i love those dreams.
Quote from danthebangerboy :I have had that dejavu thin a few times devildare, but i can never actually remember it happening in a dream or anything, i just get the feeling that i know what the other person is gonna say or do next and im usually right too, but i darent inturrupt them and say 'i know what your gonna say' as it might fook it up so they change it and then i look daft lol

Well to be honest I am not sure I always dream it. I just strikes me "This has happened before".

I kind of like it tho. It has also made me think, if it already happens to people, maybe there is a way to exploit it and see the future.
#9 - Migz
I do remember i used to have dreams like that but i've not had any recently.
I can control my dreams now so i just tend to do whatever i want in them.
Quote from 1993weeman :That used to happen to me a lot, i haven't had one like that for ages though. The weirdest one of that type of dream was when i was in Primary 7 i had this dream that i just came home from a trip to Inverness with the school. My mates were all around me asking if they can see the tickets. I went into my school bag and toke out these tickets for a concert in Glasgow. Then about 3 weeks later in real life i won these tickets for sitting in the right seat for a concert in Glasgow. When we got back to school my mates all asked me if they can see the tickets just like the dream. I was freaked out and of course happy

But i get these dreams when i think am in real life and when i wake up i think i actually did those stuff. Most recent one was when i was just lying in my bed texting to my mates. Very boring dream but i do that a lot in real life. I then woke up and just went "oh no" as i can remember what i put in the text and it wasn't good for me. I basically just asked this girl out but i was going out with someone already. So i was checking my sentbox in the morning just in case it was real and i did send the text. I was scared. But for some reason i love those dreams.

You asked a girl on a date by text?
Quote from drone wolf :You asked a girl on a date by text?

Well basically...yes. But it was like someone i always text and were great friends. Freaked me out. Oh and she had a boyfriend too at that moment. Should i be worried
Quote from DevilDare :Can I say I sometimes see into the future through my dreams?

Thank God theres someone else! I thought I was a bit mad :')

It really is wierd, I dream something (last one was going to Maccys with some mates) & sure enough a week later I did exactly the same thing as happened in my "dream"

Thankfully now I've realised this, if I ever have one where something goes wrong, I can sort of change the outcome by remebering what happened in the dream & doing something else (i.e, not saying something to some who I did speak to in the dream)

Its really wierd :S
Lucid dreaming is awesome because it feels real. Just make sure it isn't actually real before jumping off tall buildings
-
(5haz) DELETED by 5haz

To be honest, I have had these kind of dreams, last I can remember is from monday night, where I had dreamt of stuff that happened yesterday, which was basically some person asking me stuff, then when i start to answer at him, i suddenly stopped and thought of something, went silent, thought what the hell.

But yeah, it's quite normal from my POV, so I don't really care, aslong as it doesnt show me dying
Yeah it is SO weird isnt it, i have had realistic dreams before but this was something else!

I can remember every turning i took, being pissed off coz i couldnt turn down one of the roads cuz a big van was directly in the middle of the road leaving no room to turn in next to it, so detailed it was nuts!

Straight over the 2 roundabouts, right turning, then next right, which took me past where my ex used to llive, then keep going along a bit and turn right into a car parking block kind of place, then a little left turning into a smaller carpark place which is where i parked up, but the only thing i dont remember dreaming is walking from my car to the house or anything, i just got out of my car and then i was in the house.

I might drive up there one day and see of that big carpark with the smaller carpark is actually really there or not!

And as for lucid dreaming, i barely ever remember my dreams, at least not very well, and i usually forget em straight away pretty much, but this one is still in my head.

I just wish i could become lucid and control the dream myself, would be brilliant!
Quote :From what I've heard, if you're in a lucid dream and you realise it isn't real, the dream can end.

I thought the point of lucid dreaming was knowing it's not real/you're dreaming but it still feels real and you can control it?
#17 - 5haz
Quote from TiJay :I thought the point of lucid dreaming was knowing it's not real/you're dreaming but it still feels real and you can control it?

Yeah, I typed it then realised it didn't make sense.
I have also heard that not only can you control the dream but you can also end it yourself in some cases as well, i dunno how true this tho.
#19 - Migz
Quote from danthebangerboy :I have also heard that not only can you control the dream but you can also end it yourself in some cases as well, i dunno how true this tho.

It is true, it's actually easier to end it then to control it.
The hard bit is realising that you're dreaming without waking yourself up, sometimes you can realise your dreaming and then do something with your body instead of your mind, causing you to move in real life and wake up.
It is EXTREMELY hard to do, i've never found anyone else who could do it. Infact until TiJay mentioned Lucid Dreaming and i wikipediad it i thought i was the only person who could do it

Edit:
What 5haz said DOES make sense. Like i said, if you realise your dreaming and you do the wrong thing then you can wake yourself up instead of controlling your dream.
Years and years ago I used to have a sort of recurring dream. I don't remember much about it but it wasn't pleasant. Involved me being trapped and unable to move while a ghost went mental in front of me, or something like that. I learned to wake myself up by rolling my eyes. It transferred across into other dreams to, so almost any time I started having a nightmare I could safely wake myself up.
I don't tend to dream much these days, so no idea if it still works.

Bizarrely enough I had a weird dream last night. I was driving my old car (although it was red rather than blue and shiny rather than scratched to hell) and after a speedy motorway drive it ran out of petrol in the Scottish village I used to live in. I started waiting for a bus and when it arrived Stacey from Eastenders was on it.
The bus stopped a bit later and we ended up getting kidnapped by author Neil Gaiman and locked in a house. This house had red paint on the walls and bunk beds in the corner of a room. I locked myself in the bathroom to try and figure out an escape route and woke up when Neil broke the door down. Very odd indeed.
I occasionally have lucid dreams, where you realise you're dreaming and decide to either end the dream or have some fun with it.

Usually it's from trying to read something - have you ever tried to read a book or a magazine in a dream? It's impossible, as your subconcious can't make up the words fast enough for you to read them, so they either end up as jibberish or you read 3 or 4 words and your brain kind of trips over itself and won't let you read more. It happens enough to me that often it'll make me realise I'm dreaming.

If I'm just drifting off and start to have a dream that looks like it's going to develop into something scary or otherwise ****ed-up, I can often end the dream before it gets too far, but I can only do this if I've only just fallen asleep.
Quote from Yuri Laszlo :My dreams are just the cheap, generic "get up and fly to somewhere else and then waking up" ones.

i remember having dreams like that... something to the affect of leaning forward and the next thing i knew i was in the air. funny thing is, i'm afraid of heights.
I had those 'dejavu' dreams too. I once went on holiday with my parents and there was a white van on the right near the bushes, we were walking on a gravelpath and to the left you had a tenniscourt.

I had the same dream about 2 months earlier and it happened a lot more. I thought I was pshycic, now I am not so sure anymore

I sometimes have dreams that repeat themselves. For some reason I have the same dream over and over again. Like my brain is trying to tell me something.
I too have had 'de ja vu' dreams, but not for several years.

I've had many dreams that were incredibly vivid, especially recently for some reason. I've even had dreams so vivid that I've actually woken myself up speaking the words physically that I was speaking in the dream. After I woke up I wasn't sure if I should finish the sentence, or just leave it be...
I used to actually dream the future, where I would wake up knowing exactly what was going to happen at a point during the day. Lots of people dismissed it as deja vu when I told them, but I always had foreknowledge. Never the entire day, just certain mundane events. I assume it was based more on the limited options that you've got during a primary school kid's school day rather than any sort of actual psychic ability

Dreams??
(94 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG