The online racing simulator
iPad
(211 posts, started )
It'll be ridiculously overpriced, light on features and sell MASSIVELY.

Just like every other Apple piece of crap.
Quote from danowat :It'll be ridiculously overpriced, light on features and sell MASSIVELY.

Just like every other Apple piece of crap.

GFresh likes this...
/Facebook

That said, i do LOVE my ipod touch, i use it far more than any other ipod i've owned, and thats due to the ability for it to run apps.
Quote from GFresh :That said, i do LOVE my ipod touch, i use it far more than any other ipod i've owned, and thats due to the ability for it to run apps.

Sucker
Bleh!

I didn't see this posted here before and thought it was funny
Well, I've never been a fan of apple before.
I still aren't.
But this might be handy, seeing the Ipod and Iphone have made a change in the market.
To be fair Apple has got the tablet form totally right. Too bad it's an Apple. If this was a PC and I was spending my life on a train or a plane I would probably love a device like this. The iPad makes laptops look like clunky dinosaurs by comparison.
So it's something between a netbook and an iPod but not as portable as an iPod and not as powerful as a netbook.... piece of crap. Must be Apple...
Quote from NitroNitrous :So it's something between a netbook and an iPod but not as portable as an iPod and not as powerful as a netbook.... piece of crap. Must be Apple...

If it's a "netbook" then maybe we can change the os? So, maybe, we can install XP/Vista/7 and, maybe, have any use for it
Why are people obsessed with windows? It's a pile of poop...
It does everything my iPhone does, but is less portable and won't last as long (battery life). But the iPhone fits in my pocket and goes everywhere with me. So I'll stick with the portable version.

OS 4.0 should help both - presumably there were problems with it and so it wasn't announced, but if the OS4.0 rumours are true then the iPad will become a lot more viable (but still not for me).
Quote from tristancliffe :It does everything my iPhone does, but is less portable and won't last as long (battery life). But the iPhone fits in my pocket and goes everywhere with me. So I'll stick with the portable version.

OS 4.0 should help both - presumably there were problems with it and so it wasn't announced, but if the OS4.0 rumours are true then the iPad will become a lot more viable (but still not for me).

Just think of all the designers that will make money creating the "IPAD" carrier.
Quote from Electric Eye :Why are people obsessed with windows? It's a pile of poop...

Sure it is, tho it has more games and apps then all of the other OS's..
I don't see very much use of this device without OSX, but I do think it would be a fantastic thing to use while having a sh*t.

Then again, 500 bucks gets you a helluva lot of magazines.
Yo momma is so fat she uses an iPad as an iPhone!
i'm sure it does have a use. just not in the domestic sector.
i can see businesses using these or maybe students but for personal life, a laptop and a mobile is just as handy if not more handier.
can i plug in usb stuff in it? if so it would be great to have at raceweekends to look at al the data
The dumbest product Apple has ever created. Utterly useless in every way.
Quote from mblixt :can i plug in usb stuff in it? if so it would be great to have at raceweekends to look at al the data

Nope, no USB w/o special adapters.
Quote from mblixt :can i plug in usb stuff in it? if so it would be great to have at raceweekends to look at al the data

Forget about it. Its Apple, they dont approve of USB's.

We need Dustin. He would tell us why this is the best thing that has ever happened. We are all too thick to understand it ourselves.
Dustin can't come to the forum right now, as he's got 7 iPads so that he can multitask, so he's too busy.

laptop has been doing that for years.
cheapest option, buy a 10" digi photo frame and load it with multiple screenshots of windows 7.
everyone will think you've got a new tablet
Quote from DevilDare :Forget about it. Its Apple, they dont approve of USB's.

We need Dustin. He would tell us why this is the best thing that has ever happened. We are all too thick to understand it ourselves.

Quote from tristancliffe :Dustin can't come to the forum right now, as he's got 7 iPads so that he can multitask, so he's too busy.

On the Contrary, I think it's just an overpriced 10" iPod Touch, and seeing I just got an iPod touch... I don't see myself getting an iPad. Ever.

It's too big for me to carry around to listen to music/do random stuff with apps, not powerful enough (due to it being iPhone OS) to do any hard work, and not versatile. It doesn't run OSX GUI (full multitasking, windowing, blah blah).. which makes it kinda stupid.

The only "good" part, is the 30$ unlimited data.. that's unheard of cost wise over here (my Phone plan comes close, 70$ for unlim Data, Texts, and 500 minutes + free evening + weekends). Althgouh they basically have made it so nobody will buy the 15$ one, becuase 256MB of data will be gone faster than you can say "OMG! I'M GONNA COME!".

I don't see myself picking one up, I have found 1 (one!) use for it, and that's so specialized.. it doesn't matter.

Now.. this is my only post until April 24th.. Savour it my lovelys.
Quote from DevilDare :Forget about it. Its Apple, they dont approve of USB's.

the macbook we uses now has usb's
It's neither one thing nor the other. If it was essentially a little tiny Mac I could see the appeal, but it's not, it's a massive iPod. Too big to have the advantages of the iPod, too limited to have the advantages of a tablet PC, with all the disadvantages of both.

iPad
(211 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG