The online racing simulator
Help with Dual Monitors
(7 posts, started )
Help with Dual Monitors
Ive got a XFX 7900GS gfx card, it has dual monitor support via 2 dvi outputs on the card.

I got my main monitor running using a DVI-VGA Converter, with the VGA Cable going to my main monitor.

I purchased this cable - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayI ... ;ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I have a year old Technika 19" HDTV thats 1 year old, it has VGA Support for use as a PC Monitor.

Now, ive pluged both Monitors into the gfx card, it prompted me to setup dual monitors once the PC had started, its all setup, yet the TV (Technika) is still showing "No Signal".

Ive check the cables and they are both fine, both ends, i cant see to find the problem!

any thoughts?
I believe that's the wrong cable, what you need is DVI-A to VGA.
You should actually have received at least one adapter plug with your graphics card
I did receive an adapter plug.

im using that, DVI-VGA adapter, with a VGA to VGA Cable to my main monitor.

I bought the DVI-I Cable to VGA to connect the second monitor to the GFX Card.

I found this...

http://www.datapro.net/techinfo/dvi_info.html

It explains that DVI-I has the best of both worlds, sending Digital to Digital, to Analogue to Analogue...
Quote from djgizmo68 :It explains that DVI-I has the best of both worlds, sending Digital to Digital, to Analogue to Analogue...

Yes but what you are trying is not D to D or A to A, it's D to A. VGA is never digital, so what you need is DVI-A to VGA, the link you posted confirms this:
Quote :DVI-A cables are used to carry a DVI signal to an analog display, such as a CRT monitor or budget LCD. The most common use of DVI-A is connecting to a VGA device, since DVI-A and VGA carry the same signal.

Quote from morpha :Yes but what you are trying is not D to D or A to A, it's D to A. VGA is never digital, so what you need is DVI-A to VGA, the link you posted confirms this:

Still DVI-I is both D and A, so if the monitor cant use D it uses A instead. Has always worked for me here.
It doesn't matter if it is DVI - I or A or whatever. Analog or Digital?

There is a thing on the video card called a RAMDAC which converts it for you. The adapter is just there to send the signal; this is called passive. If the cables fit, I doubt it is the cables fault. The conventional DVI cables that came with your video card, and the adapter that also comes with the card onto your TV and video card should pump it up no problem. The cables that come with your card (like my 7600GT) were DVI-Is I believe.

Help with Dual Monitors
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG