The online racing simulator

Poll : What kind of TBO driver are you?

I don’t particularly like it, but I join the fun when a server is busy
Hard core TBO lover, love them all….daily if I could!
Occasional Sprinter, 2 times a week or less
Racer, love events and series and what’s around it
Fanatic Sprinter, 3 times a week or more
TBO what???...oops wrong topic, I don’t like those cars
I dont like TBOs very much but I had a few great races with TBOs and always with XRT...RWD is pure racing power
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :And i don't agree becky, 3% is a good restriction, its a little slower but it is easier to drive on the limit than the XRT is, in XRT you need to be pushing WR times to keep up with the fast FXO's.

3% simply reverses the problem, and does not solve it.
sometimes that 3 % is not even enough,on some tracks fxo still a sec faster than xrt,and rb4 just too slow still.
I like driving all the TBO's all for different reasons...

RB4, is a little slow and boaty in standard form, but can handle like its on rails with the right set, but i have now lost that set, trying various combos offline in an attempt to make it again.

XRT, because RWD is fun, does take a little taming though, im not quite there yet, having fun trying and failing to keep it in a straight line on tighter tracks, SO town being a noteable example.

FXO, love driving this round westhill, very fast and pretty much easy to drive, although it does kill front tyres so quickly, this may of course be due to my 'turn the wheel further when i see a wall or something looming eventhough the front is clearly sliding' syndrome, i can see its sliding, the tyres are glowing orangy red in F9, yet i still steer even harder for some reason, i must learn to stop doing that.
Quote from Becky Rose :3% simply reverses the problem, and does not solve it.

I think your wrong here becky, its very even with 3%, with FXO being faster usually for qualifications and races where tyres are not an issue.

The 3% starts to hurt when FXO tyres are hard to keep cool or in short sprint races.

Framaris could you provide some stats from server with fastest times for a selection of tracks you have had on rota on R2R TBO server?
I shit one after my 2 TBOC races
I'm the tail-happy TBO racer.
Quote from Gener_AL (UK) :I think your wrong here becky, its very even with 3%, with FXO being faster usually for qualifications and races where tyres are not an issue.

The 3% starts to hurt when FXO tyres are hard to keep cool or in short sprint races.

Framaris could you provide some stats from server with fastest times for a selection of tracks you have had on rota on R2R TBO server?

I would be interested to see that.

When the 3% intake restriction was introduced in '07 I was running a TBO league and noted that the FXO became the slowest cars at all the remaining rounds, and that's the basis of my position - on the other hand havn't picked up LFS in some time, so i'm curious to see if my analysis holds true.
FXO, I Love.
I'm a wrecker in TBO cars.
RB4 GT for Rallycross & Cruising
XR GT Turbo for Rallycross & Drifting
FXO Turbo for...well you can play with it.
I have never liked to race in this class when there is too many fxos around. My opinion is that fxo is bit too fast at the cornes and kind a "dive bomb" when racing against xrt. I find that really annoying.

It would be more fun if the fxo have slightly longer braking distance and slower cornering speeds.
Quote from Gener_AL (UK) :I think your wrong here becky, its very even with 3%, with FXO being faster usually for qualifications and races where tyres are not an issue.

I do agree with you here, we've tested it intensively for almost a year now and we've seen some very good fights between the two, some tracks favor FXO and others XRT, but always quite close, the only track where FXO really dominated was KY2.
The tricky part was to balance our series between those tracks, but like you said FXO heats up tires a bit quick which means that race pace is quite a bit off qual pace, when the XRT can maintain race pace closer to qual pace...

For some stats you can jump on our TBO server and check the top which has an XRT leading BL1, but if you want detailed stats for the tracks we've raced since September, check this link http://www.ready2rollteam.com/airio/ (note that we use path check on our servers, so no pb’s are done by cutting the track)

I think FXO with 3% is a bit like FXR, they are fast cars but not many great drivers uses it, so it is quite difficult to compare them, but if I take Pallu as an example, he manages to put all 3 cars very close to eachothers, yes even the RB4 can go very fast in the right hands...

I have been thinking for a while about balancing the cars down to the RB4, but sadly many ppls don’t like restricted cars, so restricting 2 out of 3 maybe a bit too much….but I keep this idea somewhere in my head, maybe for a later dailycious series….
RB4 FTW!!

TBO is my 2nd favourite car class behind XFG+XRG.
-
(AndRand) DELETED by AndRand : bad time formats
Thx AndRand, had a quick looks and noticed some things are wrong
AS2R XRT time min was 01:12:69 RB4 was 01:1 3:16 FOX was 01:12:50
AS7R FXO had min 02:16:77

Has you can see FXO and XRT are pretty close everywhere!
I thought I got rid of that distortion due to your time format is in xls hh:mm:ss and I removed the notice about it. Just a sec

Really XRT AS2R isnt 1:13,03? I divided your figures by 60 to get mm:ss,00
I know it can be a little confusing , BL1 is also wrong btw...
That's very interesting reading, thanks a lot for it .
The FXO would need to gain about 80 kilos and 10HP for me to take the TBO class seriously.
I knew RB4 was slower but not by that much. I thought it was a few tenths, not a few seconds per lap. That makes me feel better. I thought I was getting killed in the RB4 because I sucked but now I can blame the car. Anyway, it could use a little bit more power imho.
Quote from Framaris :I know it can be a little confusing , BL1 is also wrong btw...

damn I have to find good xls formatting - it get 1:11:76 (as hh:mm:ss) transforms it it to number and back to time as 1:12:27 grrr just a moment
Quote from Forbin :The FXO would need to gain about 80 kilos and 10HP for me to take the TBO class seriously.

That 80 kilos is around what the RB4 needs to shed to help with the top speed issue, its fast out of the turns but is just so heavy

I like all the TBO cars but have got so used to driving the RB4 its hard to let go

SD.
Quote from zeugnimod :RB4 isn't. :/

Nope it isn't, but like I said I bet if we restrict both XRT and FXO to RB4 level it will be RB4 race only....but it could be an idea

What kind of TBO driver are you?
(109 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG