The online racing simulator

Poll : What kind of TBO driver are you?

I don’t particularly like it, but I join the fun when a server is busy
Hard core TBO lover, love them all….daily if I could!
Occasional Sprinter, 2 times a week or less
Racer, love events and series and what’s around it
Fanatic Sprinter, 3 times a week or more
TBO what???...oops wrong topic, I don’t like those cars
What kind of TBO driver are you?
Many ppls complains about TBO’s ups and downs, so I got curious and wanted to ask what kind of TBO driver are you?
In the last couples of years I have seen TBO go from very popular to completely dead without any apparent reasons, so I am getting the feeling that most TBO racers are occasional racers, let see if this poll will prove me wrong….

Be honest!
i like the rb4, but it's underpowered compared to the other tbo cars.
#3 - Bean0
I voted 'love them all...' but I don't really like the RB4
Although I prefer the LRF class, but that is even less popular for public racing than the TBOs.

Hopefully the TBOC/RSC will put some life into the roadgoing tintops again.
Alot of people like TBO (look at the TBOC in leagues section) I enjoyed it on public servers for a while but then the numbers of people there started going down but i can't think of a particular reason why it would apart from it being unbalanced, with the XRT being RWD it should have alot more power than the FXO and the FXO's tyres are a problem too and the RB4 is quite alot slower than the others.
I really like to race the XRT (like I do all XR cars), but today its a bit tricky to find a server with people on it that doesn't require a 200 points something license for its Airio system.
Quote from ACCAkut :I really like to race the XRT (like I do all XR cars), but today its a bit tricky to find a server with people on it that doesn't require a 200 points something license for its Airio system.

Many other topic to talk about racing system, let's keep this on track and between TBO lover.
We run a TBO server with restricted FXO and no licenses required to race the sprints racing and we run airio, so the application (tracker) is not in question here....
#7 - dadge
RB4 since S1. drive it correct and it's quite the little party crasher.
Quote from Bean0 :I voted 'love them all...' but I don't really like the RB4
Although I prefer the LRF class, but that is even less popular for public racing than the TBOs.

Hopefully the TBOC/RSC will put some life into the roadgoing tintops again.

Maybe I should have write it an other way, but I mean by love them all, the sprint the races and the cars....so it's all good..
Not a fan of the RB4. Not for being slower than the other models, but for looking like a freaky dinossaur/fish crossover
Top one, no doubt!
#11 - Dac
If the RB4 didn't look like the result of kinky sex with a Rhino and Crocodile id like it a lot more.
Quote from Framaris :What kind of TBO driver are you?

The heavily addicted, death gripping, tail happy, fxo munching maniac type.
The XRT
The FXO sure beats it in the twisty and "turny" tracks, but the feeling of the car is much better than the FXO, and I much rather suck at racing but enjoy it in that lovely car
Fat, unresponsive pigs.
I like them because they allow close racing with occasional contact and door rubbing, but i find them quite boring when your without a track companion i.e someone to race, they are quite dull, have a very fine line between under-driving and over-driving and imo they lack that 'wow this is fast' feeling you find in most other cars in LFS, except UF1000
RB4 is my favourite LFS car but I don't particularly like FXO or XRT.
Quote from Gener_AL (UK) :The heavily addicted, death gripping, tail happy, fxo munching maniac type.

LOL I thought about you when I made this, I had my doubts it would be strong enough for you...it wasn't
I hear complaints that the RB4 is slower, it isn't. On short and twisty tracks and on short length races the RB4 is easily the master of the XRT.

Of course the FXO is too fast for the class, and the 3% intake restriction went too far in handicapping it. I like driving the FXO because it responds well to aggressively attacking the track.

I also like the XRT, particularly on slow corners, as it's quite enjoyable and rewarding to drive once you've mastered it's idiosyncracies.

I find the RB4 less rewarding personally, it's like driving a tug boat.
TBO is in my hart since the first days of LFS.
I love it so much that I drove bl1 xrt demo for a year and a half

FXO is a brilliant car too. Love the fact that it wants so much smoothness and racing with it is just something special.

But I can't be blind and not say that it frustrates me how they won't turn into the corner sometimes and you have to use handbrake to turn in and how they burns tires. Nevertheless this doesn't bother me that much, I'm still hardcore for it.
Quote from Forbin :Fat, unresponsive pigs.

My exact thoughts. Can't stand the "turn steering wheel", then 5 minutes later, "car turns" syndrome.
You obviously just suck then XRT is very responsive, you just have to remember your on road tyres, so turn in earlier and less lock, xrg and xfg are more forgiving because they are alot slower.

And i don't agree becky, 3% is a good restriction, its a little slower but it is easier to drive on the limit than the XRT is, in XRT you need to be pushing WR times to keep up with the fast FXO's.

TBOC is on tonight at 7PM UK time at S04R, everyone should tune in, some awesome racing in that series.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :You obviously just suck then XRT is very responsive, you just have to remember your on road tyres, so turn in earlier and less lock, xrg and xfg are more forgiving because they are alot slower.

And i don't agree becky, 3% is a good restriction, its a little slower but it is easier to drive on the limit than the XRT is, in XRT you need to be pushing WR times to keep up with the fast FXO's.

TBOC is on tonight at 7PM UK time at S04R, everyone should tune in, some awesome racing in that series.

Thanks for the plug
TBO for life! rb4 lover,addict. but its way underpowered compared to others,and it pisses me off when an xrt flies by on straights.
#25 - Vain
I have a deep deep love for the XRT. It got me through some of my best races and it's just the kind of animal I like driving.

(@e2mustang: I hate it when the RB4 brakes later into a corner because it can't lock the front inside wheel due to being AWD)

Vain

What kind of TBO driver are you?
(109 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG