The online racing simulator
Falken Azenis RT-215 Tire Skin
(35 posts, started )
Hello all,

I am a firm beleiver in the falken Azenis tire as being one of the best street tire a man can have on his sport car.

Awesome grip, firm sidewall, instant steering response, hell of a cool look.. and super cheap price!!

But of course.. this tire has the drawback of being very heavy. Well.. it's a small price to pay to have such a great tire at a bargain price.

Being just myself... I decided to made a skin of this tire in the game.. For people of have never seen this tire.. I have attached an actual image from some installed on my car and then some ingame screenshot of my mod.

If you would like to have this tire on your car too in LFS. I have attached the TYRE.dds file as well.

Just copy it in your Dss folder. You might want to save a copy first.

PS: This tire only replace the Road_Super.. Not the Road_Normal one.

Enjoy!!

If you have any feedback.. I would be glad to hear them!!
Attached images
MiataMath 015_resize.jpg
Falken Azenis Tire.jpg
Attached files
TYRE.dds - 170.8 KB - 1220 views
treads are to dark and thin.
Love it though yes, treads are a little too thin.
thats awesome that you can actually make a version of your favorite tires, just like when you make a new skin for the cars

Andrew
I made my own

Quote from Roadie :I made my own

Thanks for the comment... I'll see if I can make some adjustment to it. But it might be hard to make it look as good.

Roadie, I can barely see your tire in your picutre.. it is WAYYY too small.
uhhh, try clicking on it...
Great mod, found I'm 1 sec faster round Blackwood with these rather than the old ones.
Just wondering if you could do a set of cut slicks as that should give me another 2 sec at least. illepall
Quote from Racer X NZ :Great mod, found I'm 1 sec faster round Blackwood with these rather than the old ones.
Just wondering if you could do a set of cut slicks as that should give me another 2 sec at least. illepall

i think i sense some sarcasm. god i hope so
:P:P LOL RacerX.

Roadie!! I do click on.. but the picture is like 100 pixels X 100 pixels.
Cool.. the 2nd link did the trick!

Nice looking tire!
You do know that either your car's tires or the edited LFS file show the tire installed wrong?
Very nice tyres! Although I have to agree that the treads are a bit thin
I also made my own tires. The pic is from S1 but the tires are still the same.
Attached images
Advan Tires.JPG
Quote from illegal :You do know that either your car's tires or the edited LFS file show the tire installed wrong?

How is it installed wrong? Looks right to me.
Is this correct then?
Attached images
falken.jpg
the problem with yours is that they are to low res, and look pixelated..
The thread is allright direction wise.

It's because your are looking at the right side tire in LFS and left side on my car.

If you take the tire on my car, and pretend that you are flipping it 180 degress to mount on the right side. You will see that the thread is correct.

Those tire doesn't have a left or a right side like other sport tire.. but they do have an inside and outside that need to be respected.

This is why they are not showing the same when mounted on right or left side of car
Ok, I'll blame my narrow mind
Quote from Math302ho :The thread is allright direction wise.

It's because your are looking at the right side tire in LFS and left side on my car.

If you take the tire on my car, and pretend that you are flipping it 180 degress to mount on the right side. You will see that the thread is correct.

Those tire doesn't have a left or a right side like other sport tire.. but they do have an inside and outside that need to be respected.

This is why they are not showing the same when mounted on right or left side of car

Hey have you raced on the new Azenis RT-615's yet? They are much better then the RT-215's as far as disappating heat. I made the switch at the beginning of the season. I've been running them at every autocross event this year.

If you come out with a tire for the 615's that would be great. I can get you some very detailed pictures if you need.
I haven't tried them yet.
But it will probably be my next set as it is more and more suicidal to drive mine in the rain now.

I can try to fab up a RT-615 set.

Do you have a picture that you kinda see the tire from the front?
Yes I do have some pictures, here you are. They are old pictures, and I had them on the PC already, but if you need any others let me know.
Attached images
azenis3.jpg
compare.jpg
azenis5.jpg
I couldn't ask for a better picture!!

Exactly what I needed.. will try to make the skin when I have some free time as I am at work now.

(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG