The online racing simulator
Pit Exit suggestion
(9 posts, started )
Pit Exit suggestion
I hate those people who cut the pilons when they exit pits, it makes the exit so unexpected and people crash because of this. Maybe the game should be able to enforce pit exit rules, if the car runs over the lines before the lines end, a drive-through penalty should be called Just a suggestion, thanks.
Quote from gremwood :I hate those people who cut the pilons when they exit pits, it makes the exit so unexpected and people crash because of this. Maybe the game should be able to enforce pit exit rules, if the car runs over the lines before the lines end, a drive-through penalty should be called Just a suggestion, thanks.

You mean on Blackwood??

IMO, I think this idea is a bit picky...
I don't think picky is the right word.

This rule exists in real world racing, so why not enforce it here, for all tracks? I must admit that I do make an effort to stay on my side of the white line, when leaving the pits, out of good manners.

Not much point having the pylons there if there's no penalty for running over them imho, and the same goes for the pitlane itself. I'd like to see pitlane infringements enforced especially because of places like Aston and Westhill. If people are racing two or three wide down the main straights at either of those tracks and someone exits the pits and crosses the line there can be some real carnage.
It's not so much of an issue at Blackwood as the pitlane exits into a low speed corner, although I have been nailed there once or twice by someone bashing through the pylons.
This debate has ocurred so many times recently with the same result each time that it's no longer interesting to take part in it. The last thread on this subject is/was still active yesterday.
Lets hope S3 brings more comprehensive damage with running over a couple of pitlane - exit pillars giving a damaged radiator or something. That should put a stop to the naughtiness.
#7 - richy
Quote from al heeley :Lets hope S3 brings more comprehensive damage with running over a couple of pitlane - exit pillars giving a damaged radiator or something. That should put a stop to the naughtiness.

yes! exactly what i was thinking, it should damage the front bumper and slow you down, or less downforce, maybe even a black flag for loose bodywork!

it will come in time, all these little niggly issues will be made right so we have a perfect racing sim.
I think drive-through penalties should show up when you knock over a cone. If the cone has already been knocked over, then no penalty.
#9 - Gunn
Quote from wheel4hummer :I think drive-through penalties should show up when you knock over a cone. If the cone has already been knocked over, then no penalty.

I dont think cones should even be on the track at all.

+1 for pit blend line penalties.

Pit Exit suggestion
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG