The online racing simulator
Lfs Clock
(36 posts, started )
Lfs Clock
People still get confused converting thier time to GMT, so to solve the problem I suggest that on the LFS.NET HomePage, there be a CLOCK set to GMT.

The end result would be all race times being posted in LFS TIME, yes you would think this isn't a big need, but I still see people showing up late for races when GMT has been used because they lack a point of reference.

Just a thought, no need to flame over this.
+1

I thought making a real clock-system on to my wall, with two clocks other one allways in GMT and the second on finnish time, maybe this could solve my whats the time problem too
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
another +1

it would be just a tiny bunch of numbers in lfsworld or somewhere else - but it solves a lot of problems and confusion.
Good and smart idea
+2
well,

yeah i guess it wouldn't hurt. Lets put Victor to work
Near the bottom of each page here at the forums it states the time for your time zone. For instance for my time zone(central time zone in USA) it says "GMT -5. The time is now 20:28." So add 5 hours to 20:28 and you have GMT. But I guess something like a clock to the homepage would be more handy.
Quote from Blackout :+1

I thought making a real clock-system on to my wall, with two clocks other one allways in GMT and the second on finnish time, maybe this could solve my whats the time problem too

I got a watch from a friend, a Timex Ironman, lets me program multi zones, real handy for LFS.
Quote from NetDemon01 :Near the bottom of each page here at the forums it states the time for your time zone. For instance for my time zone(central time zone in USA) it says "GMT -5. The time is now 20:28." So add 5 hours to 20:28 and you have GMT. But I guess something like a clock to the homepage would be more handy.

I think what gets to be an issue is the 2400HR clock as opposed to the AM PM version. No such number as 00:01 on the AM , PM... so many jump past that to 01:01 when counting in thier head and lose an hour in calculating it.

Everyone could set thier computer clock to GMT...but not all would, therefore the point of reference clock....LFST (Live For Speed Time) would be pretty handy...a thread with all positive feedback is sure to be noticed by the devs.
Quote from AtomAnt :...a thread with all positive feedback is sure to be noticed by the devs.

Here is some more of it then. :up:

In the weeks, after the clocks changed to summer/winter time, its especially hard.
maybe a better place would be LFS world , with 2 clocks the current time on your pc and "LFS Time"
if only we could patch the world to just have 1 time all over lol illepall
I like the ideia +1 for it.
Quote from richy :if only we could patch the world to just have 1 time all over lol illepall

That'd be really crazy...someone would have nighttime at noon.
#15 - MR_B
Quote from NetDemon01 :That'd be really crazy...someone would have nighttime at noon.

That'd be warped...

midday to some would be like... 5am to others...

But it's a great idea! +1
Here's another bit of confusion to add to the mix, if I post a race for Wednesday May 31st at 8:35 PM EDT BUT post it in GMT (00:35) isn't that really June 1st by the GMT clock?

All the more reason just to have the LFST at LFS WORLD.

Mind you while visiting LOTF Web site last night I noticed they have a great clock set up there.

Look HERE, it's at the top of thier page.
+1
[quote=AtomAnt]Here's another bit of confusion to add to the mix, if I post a race for Wednesday May 31st at 8:35 PM EDT BUT post it in GMT (00:35) isn't that really June 1st by the GMT clock?[quote]

true! haha

lets all vote (errr...) for the almighty LFS-Clock
+1
It could be very usefull.
On our website we have a clock bar just under the header. Since were in the states, we have digital clocks for EST, CST, MST, PST and GMT.
Thanks to our webmaster... bdshan.
Timezone
Presently in the UK, GMT isn't in effect, as we are now BST, which is effectively GMT +1 (as our clocks went forward 1 hr on the weekend of 25/26Mar06)

So I am summising that any races which are being held as per the GMT zonal clock, are actually BST -1. So if a race for me in the UK is set to start at 5pm GMT, that is technically 6pm BST. Or should I be turning up for a 5pm start?

Can someone confirm, lol?
Quote from Dazmaniac :Presently in the UK, GMT isn't in effect, as we are now BST, which is effectively GMT +1 (as our clocks went forward 1 hr on the weekend of 25/26Mar06)

So I am summising that any races which are being held as per the GMT zonal clock, are actually BST -1. So if a race for me in the UK is set to start at 5pm GMT, that is technically 6pm BST. Or should I be turning up for a 5pm start?

Agreed, all four time zones here are +1 hour also this time of year.
Quote from Dazmaniac :Presently in the UK, GMT isn't in effect, as we are now BST, which is effectively GMT +1 (as our clocks went forward 1 hr on the weekend of 25/26Mar06)

My Point Exactly.

It's time for the LFST Clock.
+1

It would be extremely useful for teams, leagues, events, or anything that's time sensitive

good idea
Quote from MARSH2a :Agreed, all four time zones here are +1 hour also this time of year.

And some places like Arizona don't even change their clocks at all illepall
-
(Schooner) DELETED by Schooner

Lfs Clock
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG