The online racing simulator
University offers? :)
(24 posts, started )
Updated:

Has anyone received any offers from Universities located in the UK?

If so, what courses, what conditions?
This applies to UK students. No point posting when ya havent got a clue what I'm on about.

Anyhoo, so far received a conditional offer from RGU for architecture, and an interview invitation for the Dundee university, architecture as well.

... still waiting to hear from couple
Quote from Electric Eye :This applies to UK people. No point posting when ya havent got a clue what I'm on about.

Its a international forum so i don't care if its UK only.

But i think you mean getting offers from schools if u are eligible to join the school?
Since that is not the case here you choose a college the collage does not choose you.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Its a international forum so i don't care if its UK only.

And I simply don't care that you don't care? Jeez... find something else to do.
He has a point.

This isn't an UK-only forum so why not explain what this thread is about for the international members?
Fixed, no more moaning.
Quote from Electric Eye :Fixed, no more moaning.

Okay but this is interesting could you explain me how this Uk system works since i seem to think its different from the dutch system massively.

So if u want type it out for me since now I'm really curious
-
(Electric Eye) DELETED by Electric Eye
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Its a international forum so i don't care if its UK only.

But i think you mean getting offers from schools if u are eligible to join the school?
Since that is not the case here you choose a college the collage does not choose you.

Not always the case. College/university representatives are always on the hunt for students that fit their colleges 'needs.' Example big college football teams will send reps out during high-school games, awarding scholarships and offering things for the player to be on their football team. Other areas of interest do this as well, from science majors to literature. Most colleges/universities will only look for those people they believe will expand their own name in some way. Sometimes you need to do a little investigating, and sometimes you do need to talk to a rep first, but not always in some cases.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Okay but this is interesting could you explain me how this Uk system works since i seem to think its different from the dutch system massively.

So if u want type it out for me since now I'm really curious

People apply for Universities by sending their applications to them.

Once the applications are processed, universities reply letting you know whether you have received an offer from the university or whether you've been declined.

Ya can either get declined, receive a conditional offer on the basis that you achieve certain grades (if you still haven't sat your exam) or ya get an unconditional offer meaning they've accepted you straight away.
#12 - 5haz
Royal Holloway have asked me for an interview for Geology.

Which essentially means no.
Quote from 5haz :Royal Holloway have asked me for an interview for Geology.

Which essentially means no.

Not gonna attend the interview or..?
Quote from Electric Eye :People apply for Universities by sending their applications to them.

Once the applications are processed, universities reply letting you know whether you have received an offer from the university or whether you've been declined.

Ya can either get declined, receive a conditional offer on the basis that you achieve certain grades (if you still haven't sat your exam) or ya get an unconditional offer meaning they've accepted you straight away.

Okay then i was wrong it roughly the same here.

Only most schools i applied for don't use exams up until a certain level.
I had to do a exam though and succeeded and i am on my way to become graphics designer.

My overal school report marked me as creative and somehow now the audio visual department ahs taken interest in me.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Okay then i was wrong it roughly the same here.

Only most schools i applied for don't use exams up until a certain level.
I had to do a exam though and succeeded and i am on my way to become graphics designer.

My overal school report marked me as creative and somehow now the audio visual department ahs taken interest in me.

By exams I meant the exams people sit whilst at school. As most universities, depending on the university and the course require different levels in different subjects in order to get accepted for that specific course.

That probably makes no sense, but oh well I tried explaining.
Way back in 2005, I got offers (unconditional) at Salford, Derby and Coventry for computer science. I chose Salford because I knew a lass in Manchester who gave me much tail in my first year. Which was nice. Although a silly reason to pick a uni, Derby would have been a better pick.
Some advice: If you get an interview for a uni, even one which you don't think you're going to get the grades for, go to it. If they like you they'll often sweeten the deal for you.

When I was applying for unis back in 1998, I was asked for an interview at UMIST doing Physics, the requirement for which was 20 points (IIRC). I'd applied for this one even though I didn't think I'd be able to get the grades they wanted. I went to the interview and they dropped the offer to 12
(I have no idea if the points system is still the same)

A lot of the interview is just them wanting to meet people face-to-face rather than any kind of quantitative assessment of you.
#18 - Jakg
Quote from Crashgate3 :(I have no idea if the points system is still the same)

Seeing as 20 points is an E at AS, or an A at GCSE Maths Extension, I doubt it.

On that note I found a Uni offering my course with 20 UCAS point :S

Often an interview is just to see how dedicated you are - i.e. will you go accross the country to try to get in.
Yip, that's a good point. Although I think I'm just gonna decline the invitation for an interview.
I have offers from:

UCLAN for Motorsports
West of England for Motorsport Engineering
Hertfordshire for Automotive Engineering with Motorsport
Huddersfield for Motorsport Engineering

Waiting on Loughborough for Automotive Engineering, had my interview on Wednesday.
Quote from Jakg :Seeing as 20 points is an E at AS, or an A at GCSE Maths Extension, I doubt it.

IIRC it was 10 points for an A, 8 for a B, 6 for a C etc when I did it.
Offers from Bath [AAA], Sheffield [340 points, basically AAB] and Surrey [AAB] for Aero Engineering. Interview @ Bristol [AAA/AAB if they give me one].

Looking forward to Uni
AAA ... is that in A-Levels?

(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG