The online racing simulator
I got it aswell, out of curiosity. However, i'm not very excited about the cars.

The only one worth mentioning is the Lotus IMO. It's a great little car and lots of fun to drive. Maybe the Saleen Raptor is a decent car aswell, but i had no time to try it yet.

What i really don't get however...

What kind of idiots are responsible for the car packs in Forza?

Another Audi family sedan, another R8, another Zonda, another freaking family sedan BMW, another GT500, another Vette, another Boxster...

Do you guys really enjoy racing these (mostly) heavy and boring boats? What happend to cool cars these days, seems like everyone forgot what true sports cars are...
Quote from jibber :
Do you guys really enjoy racing these (mostly) heavy and boring boats?

Yeah, I do

(P.S. Jibber, have you got Demon's Souls on the PS3?)
Quote from danowat :
(P.S. Jibber, have you got Demon's Souls on the PS3?)

Looks kind of interesting, but i can't find it in any stores here.
Quote from jibber :Looks kind of interesting, but i can't find it in any stores here.

Its import only, I brought a Chinese/English copy, Its freaking AWESOME

Sorry for the off topic
My regular drive is a F355 challenge, a miata, a exige and sometimes a E30 M3, none of them weighs more than 2600 pounds.....so I really won't race most of the stuff in the packs.

However it is fun to have some cars in different classes for the odd car comparisons, messing with friends and what not, need more 80's classics though, most of the big fat cars on forza 3 is too civilized to my liking to be fun.
I'm still pissed there's no MK1 MR2. But i spose i can just go get my real one :P
Quote from senn :I'm still pissed there's no MK1 MR2. But i spose i can just go get my real one :P

I am gonna go out on a limb here, and say, there WILL be a Mk1 MR2 in a future DLC
That Saleen just made it onto my "buy when millions in bank" list. The DLC on the other hand, I might just pick up in the next few days.
Quote from danowat :Aston one-77 : Not keen on the cockpit driving position, other than that, handles like a dream, and is a screamer!!!

Saleen S5S Raptor : Pretty much a concept, possibly the best sounding car in FM3, wails like a banshee

Corvette Grand Sport : Great car, but then I like large engined RWD cars

Overall, a great pack IMO

That is very well and good but what is banshee?
Banshee

Quote :"a thin, screeching sound somewhere between the wail of a woman and the moan of an owl".

Yeah, pretty much, the Raptor does indeed scream like and angel of death!!!!
Cars that cost millions are silly :P it takes wayyyyyy too long to save for it...
Downloaded the DLC last night and playing about the Aston Martin and Raptor are fun. Though, drove the One-77 and it felt fast and was quick round the track, the Raptor felt slower and seemed it under acceleration (my ghost out of corners onto the straights always got away me) but I found it more stable and easier to push.

Not had chance to play around with some of the others yet, though I feel I need to paint the R8 with something
somewhat related, made a 10sec clip with forza 3, downloaded it to my pc, tried to upload it to youtube, and it failed processing (converting) Anyone know why? It says .WMV are fine to upload, but i'm guessing it's a codec issue somewhere? Any help appreciated.
From the FM3 FAQ @ Forzamotorsport.net

Quote :Q: I tried uploading a saved video to Youtube but the upload failed. What do I need to do to make my Forza 3 videos compatible?
A: By using a simple (and free) program like Windows Media Encoder you can convert your saved videos to a WMV format that will be compatible with websites like Youtube. Once you've saved your uploaded videos from the "My Forza" page to your computer, follow these steps to convert it to a friendly format:
  • Open Windows Media Encoder. If you don’t have it you can download it for free here.
  • The encoding wizard will be displayed upon start-up. If you have it disabled you can click “New Session” in the upper left hand corner of the screen.
  • In the “Wizards” tab select “Convert a file”.
  • Hit "browse" where you see "Source file" and navigate to the location where your Forza 3 WMV is saved on your computer. Select “Open”.
  • You can also specify a specific location to save the new output video, however by default it will save to the same location as the source file. It's best to leave this field at it's default to make sure you know where the new video will be saved.
  • Click “Next” and select “File Download (computer playback)” from the list of options and click “Next”. This will make sure your video retains its quality.
  • From here click “Finish” and your video will begin encoding to the new format. If it does not start right away click “Start Encoding” at the top of the screen. The program will make two passes at encoding the video, and depending on the length of your video and the speed of your computer it may take a while. Now is a great time to upload your next Forza 3 video to Forzamotorsport.net!
  • When your video is ready a dialog box will appear with details about the file, where it was saved and the settings used. If you didn’t change any file names in Step 5 then the program will automatically name the file for you. If your file is called “Forza.wmv” then the new file would be called “Forza-1.wmv”.
  • Locate the new file and upload it directly to Youtube!

just grab a video capture card, its not that expensive, and you save a lot of time exporting from xbox->post to storefront->download from storefront-> stitch it all back together.
i only really did it for the achievement. I don't plan on doing it often

btw it's 1230 at night, and it's still 31 celcius UGH nasty.
uh? Didn't realise we are in the same timezone, I thought australia is 2 to 3 hours ahead, west australia is where you are?

nice and chill here, just about to get some forza3 training
Quote from JJ72 :uh? Didn't realise we are in the same timezone, I thought australia is 2 to 3 hours ahead, west australia is where you are?

nice and chill here, just about to get some forza3 training

Western Australia. Same timezone as hong kong (GMT+8)
the 2-eleven is insane with almost 500bhp. f1 car fast
just bought the new dlc damn the zonda and the one 77 are nice and the gt500 does dorift i own the 2eleven nearly 500 bhp its epic
More DLC for me to not get.

Being able to change the specifications of all the cars so much hardly makes me want to pay for any more. All the bases except single seaters are already covered, every drive type, weight class, engine type, a car being fast is hardly something to get excited about since virtually every car can be made stupidly fast.

And as for DLC cars which are basically just faster versions of existing cars..... they must think we're mugs or something.
Hey guys, just got xbox live gold & I have a question I'm hoping someone can answer!

Since I used a different account "offline" & managed to rack up some pretty decent cars, now that account is Silver & I use my Gold account online, can I gift all my cars from silver account to gold account?

Forza Motorsports 3
(3388 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG