The online racing simulator
I seriously hope those are some amateur/regular physics settings..
with aids too, what do you expect from a expo demo? You can see traction control is on, the red bar coming in on the throttle indicator
Plus it's a 4WD Lancer - good handling

That AI car gave him a good wack up the backside....
Quote from Boris Lozac ::scared:

At least it's better than Sega Rally.... WHOA every time you crash... WHOA 3 2 1 GOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOA, EASY RIGHT, WHOA
Ooh, the Tuned Lancer IX had a bodykit! I wonder if you can have bodykit for all cars, or will it just be on Japanese cars. I know that all (production/road) cars will have aftermarket spoilers though seeing as the TVR had one.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Ooh, the Tuned Lancer IX had a bodykit! I wonder if you can have bodykit for all cars, or will it just be on Japanese cars. I know that all (production/road) cars will have aftermarket spoilers though seeing as the TVR had one.

And roll cage!
Quote from BlueFlame :At least it's better than Sega Rally.... WHOA every time you crash... WHOA 3 2 1 GOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOA, EASY RIGHT, WHOA

"Game over Yeahhh!!!"

The lancer in the vids is just that HKS one I think. It will be like that off the shelf, it says nothing about mod options.
That thing has a wide body kit on it!
Hopefully this is a taste of the customisation options

Quote from CoolColJ :That thing has a wide body kit on it!

Pretuned
yes, but it could be a preview of what we will be able to do in the full thing. Kaz did say you will be able to change just about everything in the car and it will be more indepth than in GT4

I read that all the tracks from GT4 will be in GT5. However this is from an article in the French Joypad mag that dates back 2+ years ago. Considering the vintage, and how reality turned out, it's pretty accurate so far

Quote :french vidéo game magazine " JOYPAD" goes to Japan and meet K Yamauchi at polyphony digital and give us 3 pages of interview and some more scoop about GT5:

- All cars and tracks of GT4 will be in GT5
- more cars and tracks should be downloadable
- 4 driving views
- damages for the race cars
- All Ferrari + F1
- new city tracks
- online drivers : 12 to 20
- changing weather during race

"for Porsche and Lamborghini, no confirmation"
"an employer take the pad : black screen , lot of lines in japan , nothing to understand except "indianapolis""
"I can comfirm a game will be out between GT4 et GT5" K.Y

the article ending whith 2 more interresting paragraphs concerning the problem whith F1 right and another about damages.

Quote from BlueFlame :At least it's better than Sega Rally.... WHOA every time you crash... WHOA 3 2 1 GOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOA, EASY RIGHT, WHOA

Even worse was the old PS2 game, Auto Modelista

"WEEELLCCCOOMEEE TO AUTOOOOO MODELIIIISSSTTTAAA!"

"WEEELLCCCOOMME TO YOURR GAARAAGGGEE"

"YOU'VE GOT MAIL!"

"GO GET E'M" - "WOAH, YOU JUUSST CRASHED!"

Aha, here's a vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1WcD7TESJI
Quote from CoolColJ :That thing has a wide body kit on it!

You can get this car on Prologue as the GT Tuned Lancer, it doesn't show anything about customization. I doubt you will be able to change much other than the wheels and spoiler.
Unless the pretuned was an example of what we'll be able to do to the cars?

That would be nice, I want GT to have Forza's customisation.

edit - Look at the two 350Z's in the bottom right pic - Do they have different bodykits?

Might have something there
Nah, I think one is the Amuse 350z and the other is a nismo one.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Nah, I think one is the Amuse 350z and the other is a nismo one.

Yeah i think your right, I kinda want Gran Turismo 5 to have the tuning options of Forza 3, but more subtle bodykits etc, or have set bodykits for each cars, like for Honda - Spoon Sports, Nissan - Nismo etc.. or something along the lines
Quote from lukelfs :Yeah i think your right, I kinda want Gran Turismo 5 to have the tuning options of Forza 3, but more subtle bodykits etc, or have set bodykits for each cars, like for Honda - Spoon Sports, Nissan - Nismo etc.. or something along the lines

That's pretty much what Forza does anyway.. Oettinger = VWMotorsport and you can get all the Spoon and Nismo shiz for your JDM biz on Forza the First option of body kits on all the cars on Forza are generally from close knit tuning companies to the manufacturers them self.
Does anyone know if there are more D1GP cars? The Blitz ER34 is in GT5P, so are there more? I think the HKS Genki S15 was in GT4.
Quote from brandons48 : I think the HKS Genki S15 was in GT4.

It was, and there was an old RX7 drift car too. White one, with gold and silver wheels iirc.
I don't remember that one :/

It might of been a JGTC car.
Quote from BlueFlame :Man those graphics look real dated!

It's amazing how beautiful it looked back then. I wonder if in another 4 or 5 years we will be saying how Gran Turismo 5 looks really dated. It makes me wonder how far away we are from having graphics that are uncanny with real life. Sometimes I look at iRacing or GT5 and have to double-take at how close to real life it looks, but you still know for the most part that it is just a game. I wonder how far away we are from not even knowing the difference.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG