The online racing simulator
Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
Quote from DavidTiger :I honestly dont have a clue on the restrictions... I was told that I had a 2 year restriction, or until I was 21, for anything over 750cc by the insurance company when I enquired about going on the insurance for my dads bike..

As Beefy says, 33bhp for 2 years, doesn't matter if you turn 21 before then. If you do a test on a 125, you are limited to 33bhp for 2 years, however old you are. If you do it on your 17th birthday then your restriction runs out on your 19th birthday.
You could have a VMAX restricted to 33bhp if you wanted/could afford to, cc is not the issue.

21 is the earliest age at which you can do accelerated or direct access which allows you to ride anything you want.

The 750cc thing your insurance company states is claptrap. Unless of course they have some kind of policy of not insuring younger riders on larger bikes. Nothing to do with the law though.

TBH I'm surprised you don't know this if you have done the 125 test.
i thought its was about time this thread got a bump.

Since if just bought this baby!!
On advice of our own eric and schwatz34
(yes stil remember him>?)
Attached images
IMG_1904.JPG
IMG_1906.JPG
IMG_1907.JPG
Quote from Chrisuu01 :i thought its was about time this thread got a bump.

Since if just bought this baby!!
On advice of our own erik and schwatz34
(yes stil remember him>?)

Enjoy your indestructable kickass Honda MB5. A real classic
Quote from hrtburnout :Enjoy your indestructable kickass Honda MB5. A real classic

It is indeed and I am loving it its drives beautifully.
It takes corners very nicely indeed.
since crisuu01 has put up his bike i shall put up mine I cant ride it untill april >.<
Attached images
1.jpg
2.jpg
Here's "mine"...

... which is not really mine because I just helped someone out for this, money-wise.

It's a Simson S51, a late sporty model of a series of many 50cm³ mokicks of the manufacturer that did not survive the end of the GDR. This one was built in 1980 but has been, as are many of them, modified (mainly the look).

It features a modded 60cm³ cylinder with an additional pair of ports, little modifications at the exhaust pipe and the standard four speed gearbox with changed transmission ratio at the chain resulting in a top speed of nearly 60mph.

However still I don't really consider it to be mine at the moment I'm still planning to change it's looks a little bit. This is a rough sketch:

Attached images
S51.jpg
S51custom.jpg
I love the old school look of that thing looks so well ehm it looks correct and not overdone i love it.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :I love the old school look of that thing looks so well ehm it looks correct and not overdone i love it.

Thanks.. but which one do you mean?^^

You got a nice little chamber there by the way. The Simson has that too in a limited way. You just can't see the converging part that is hidden inside the muffler.
Quote from hrtburnout :Mine would be a little slow for trackdays, but it's fun enough considering the price tag. And yes, I sold the Honda MT5.

WANT!
125 or 50?
Quote from 5tag :Thanks.. but which one do you mean?^^

You got a nice little chamber there by the way. The Simson has that too in a limited way. You just can't see the converging part that is hidden inside the muffler.

You mean the garden house? that is actually partly a shed.
Quote from Migz :WANT!
125 or 50?

That's a 50. A quick way to tell the difference between the 50, 125 and 250 is to look at the exhausts, swingarm and tyres.

50 has a crappy 'block' swingarm, chain/sprocket on the left and brake disc on the right. Exhaust also on the right. The tyres are skimpy.

125 has a sexy banana swingarm, chain/sprocket on the right, brake disc on the left. Exhaust also on the left. The tyres are wider.

250 has a sexy banana swingarm, chain/sprocket on the left, brake disc on the right. Shotgun style exhausts on the right. Tyres are slightly wider than the 125's.

There are a few other differences to tell them apart (not just a sticker) but those above seem easiest to me.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :You mean the garden house? that is actually partly a shed.

No you fool, he's talking about your bike Although I must admit I don't know what exactly he means with "chamber".
Expansion chamber. Kinda like a supercharger except there are no moving parts. It uses sound waves to reflect the excess air/fuel mixture in the exhaust back into the cylinder on the up-stroke. An accoustic supercharger for 2-strokes.

4-strokes employ similar exhaust tuning techniques, but for them, the pressure waves are invariably used to pull spent exhaust gases out of the cylinder.
Quote from Forbin :Expansion chamber. Kinda like a supercharger except there are no moving parts. It uses sound waves to reflect the excess air/fuel mixture in the exhaust back into the cylinder on the up-stroke. An accoustic supercharger.

So it means more power becaus less fuel is wasted?
Yes, but only within a certain RPM range. Expansion chambers are tuned for a specific, narrow frequency range. Outside that range, they don't work.
Quote from Forbin :Yes, but only within a certain RPM range. Expansion chambers are tuned for a specific, narrow frequency range. Outside that range, they don't work.

Yes, that's what I meant. In german these are called "Resonanzauspuff" which could be translated to resonance exhaust pipe. I was just looking for an easy word.^^

By the way: There are some that work very effectively within small rev ranges and some others are less (but still to some degree) effective but suit for a wider range.
Meh i just care about the mor POWER!! within a certain rpm range
Quote from Migz :WANT!
125 or 50?

It's an Aprilia RS50, model year 2000. It has a new 50cc cylinder and a Yasuni HMR/2 exhaust (recent mod, not on the pic). The carb is still stock though .
Quote from hrtburnout :It's an Aprilia RS50, model year 2000. It has a new 50cc cylinder and a Yasuni HMR/2 exhaust (recent mod, not on the pic). The carb is still stock though .

:O!
<3 <3 <3 <3
Oh no, i seem to have jizzed a little
my Aprilia RS250 race bike. Raced in the 2002 Danish Championship on that bike. All stock exept final gearing and some fibreglass bodywork.
Attached images
TL på RS250.jpg
Quote from Tumz(DK) :my Aprilia RS250 race bike. Raced in the 2002 Danish Championship on that bike. All stock exept final gearing and some fibreglass bodywork.

My bike is peanuts compared to yours. Respect
Quote from Migz ::O!
<3 <3 <3 <3
Oh no, i seem to have jizzed a little

Why, it's still a 50cc moped?
Quote from obsolum :Why, it's still a 50cc moped?

Because of the fact it's an RS.
I have a thing for RS'.
To me it doesn't matter if its a 50 or not, it matters that its a RS and that makes me jizzy. Although obviously a 125/250 RS would make me more jizzy
-
(Not-Dr-Dick) DELETED by franky500 : Troll
-
(Forbin) DELETED by franky500 : troll replies
-
(Chrisuu01) DELETED by franky500 : troll replies
-
-
(5tag) DELETED by franky500 : troll replies
-